Daylon Mack on espnU

PappaBear

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't suprise me . Don't need them to be successful but sure would be nice. If they want to that one true champion #### conference run by bevo best of luck lol.

Aggie gave up like 800 yards a game on defense. Aggie needs them to be successful.

A&m is still a big 12 defense in the sec which doesn't work. Way undersized in front 7. Ask texas how that worked against Arkansas. Things were starting to change when mack was a die hard commit. But still a bunch of young players who will get better. Coordinator helps big time

Got lsu Dc too fix that

How soon aggies forget that Mark Snyder was a championship DC for Tressel in Ohio State. The Miami game at the Fiesta Bowl? Yes, he was coordinating that defense. He goes to aggie and is made to look like he never put together a competent game plan in his life.

General fans may ask "Why is that?" I understand (not really) why aggie fans will turn away from the pink elephant in the room that is the failure of anyone who walks through the door with a defensive vision.

The culture around the football program does not lend itself to what's necessary to have a good defense; discipline. Stumblin has good offensive concepts, but he is not a leader and developer of young men. He's the "cool" dad that enables his kids rather than teaching them. The sad part is it actually is a plus in the recruiting game, as you have a coach who bends over backwards trying to relate to kids, and it works (see the DJ at practice and barber shop in the locker room). The only problem is these kids get 0 life lessons once they step on campus. What does that lead to???

The only stat in football the aggies lay claim to number one is football arrests over the last two years, 16. I repeat, leads the country. This is a culture that screams a lot, but discipline isn't one.

Now, here comes Chavis, with a task large enough it probably couldn't fit in his stomach (I kid, I kid). But seriously, if he is going to turn around what has been an abomination on defense for the aggies, he is first going to have to change the culture of this team. There is only one problem, this is a coach in his final years before retirement (LSU knows this and went to get a young, energetic coach), and he was offered an amount that would send him into retirement very comfortably from a financial standpoint. Does he have the energy and motivation to change the culture of a football program, or is he going to just coordinate an undisciplined defense and collect checks until Stumblin is let go.

We will see, but aggies, don't be surprised when your defense looks like the bad news bears once again in 2015. The culture may have already determined it.

I wouldn't talk being from JT.

Oh now we're getting somewhere. Tell me how:

1. That matters

2. What it has to do with your proven horrible grammar and lack of reading comprehension

You're representing aggie very well by the way.

How soon aggies forget that Mark Snyder was a championship DC for Tressel in Ohio State. The Miami game at the Fiesta Bowl? Yes, he was coordinating that defense. He goes to aggie and is made to look like he never put together a competent game plan in his life.

General fans may ask "Why is that?" I understand (not really) why aggie fans will turn away from the pink elephant in the room that is the failure of anyone who walks through the door with a defensive vision.

The culture around the football program does not lend itself to what's necessary to have a good defense; discipline. Stumblin has good offensive concepts, but he is not a leader and developer of young men. He's the "cool" dad that enables his kids rather than teaching them. The sad part is it actually is a plus in the recruiting game, as you have a coach who bends over backwards trying to relate to kids, and it works (see the DJ at practice and barber shop in the locker room). The only problem is these kids get 0 life lessons once they step on campus. What does that lead to???

The only stat in football the aggies lay claim to number one is football arrests over the last two years, 16. I repeat, leads the country. This is a culture that screams a lot, but discipline isn't one.

Now, here comes Chavis, with a task large enough it probably couldn't fit in his stomach (I kid, I kid). But seriously, if he is going to turn around what has been an abomination on defense for the aggies, he is first going to have to change the culture of this team. There is only one problem, this is a coach in his final years before retirement (LSU knows this and went to get a young, energetic coach), and he was offered an amount that would send him into retirement very comfortably from a financial standpoint. Does he have the energy and motivation to change the culture of a football program, or is he going to just coordinate an undisciplined defense and collect checks until Stumblin is let go.

We will see, but aggies, don't be surprised when your defense looks like the bad news bears once again in 2015. The culture may have already determined it.

Cliff notes?

Cliff notes?

Sure.

Snyder before aggie, successful.

Snyder during aggie, not so much

Ohio State culture > aggie culture

Chavis before aggie, successful

Chavis during aggie, not so much

LSU culture > aggie culture

You do realize Chavis is 58, and that 'young, energetic coach' LSU went and got is 56. Should really do some fact checking before you write your novels predicting the future.

You do realize Chavis is 58, and that 'young, energetic coach' LSU went and got is 56. Should really do some fact checking before you write your novels predicting the future.

No "blah blah blahs" from me my friend. My mistake on the age difference. The point still remains on the task of changing an entire culture of indiscipline that Chavis has vs the task of drafting the correct schemes and calling the right plays that Steel has. We'll see if big Chief has enough ginseng to go out and get it done.

How soon aggies forget that Mark Snyder was a championship DC for Tressel in Ohio State. The Miami game at the Fiesta Bowl? Yes, he was coordinating that defense.

Actually, Snyder was not a championship DC at Ohio State. That was Mark Dantonio.