PLAYOFFS! Dallas @ Green Bay

i definitely do not agree with the call. he caught it and lunged toward the goal. they even said he didn't lunge enough? would dallas have scored if we kept the ball? probably. would we have been able to hold the packers? maybe. as previously stated, i would've liked to had the chance. one call can't cost the boys the game, but it sure hurt their chances at that juncture. i had the boys going 6-10 or 8-8 so the season was a huge success in that aspect. got tired of joe buck and his constant anti dallas remarks. does the same thing with the rangers. i think demarco has played his last down as a cowboy. we'll sign dez, but i don't see them paying demarco the money he and his agent are gonna want.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually the elbow hit the ground first and i would've love to had the chance to try and stop GB

many plays throughout the game have a hand in winning and losing games

Watching the Denver/Indy game and right off the bat Sims was pointing out the play that Peyton Manning gets roughed up on as a penalty. He says anytime you hit the QB below the waist like that it is going to be a penalty. What would he say about the play where Romo gets done the same way by Mathews way after the ball was gone.

could have played out differently had the Cowboys had the lead. the Packers would have been throwing every down and that changes the way the defense plays. but oh well we will never know now. Cowboys had a good season

Absolutely. Maybe next year it'll be brought back to Texas. Regardless, this was a tough way to lose a game.

Against a dejected defense, different defense if the Cowboys score to go ahead.

Dejected defense? Are you serious? If you can't get your emotions up in a playoff game with four minutes left and 5 points down, then you shouldn't be playing football at that level to begin with. I guarantee they were playing with everything they had.

Photo doesn't show it that way

3ed0f9f6-8a35-4513-8649-edc3609bccd5_800

That was after it had already hit the ground and he had slid forward to the goal line. It had already been jarred loose by the time your still frame was captured.

And he had already made a few moves to get to that point, this making it a catch well before the ball ever hit the ground.

But it doesn't matter, as was pointed out Dallas had every reason to stop GB as it was and still couldn't.

That was after it had already hit the ground and he had slid forward to the goal line. It had already been jarred loose by the time your still frame was captured.

His hand twisted and the ball was on top of his hand, it jarred lose when it hit the ground but his hand was under the ball when it came lose

very tough loss but when the season started i think any of us would have been thrilled to still be playing in January. hopefully they build on this for next year.

I'm sure moves will be made, but knowing Jerry Jones, it will be the wrong moves. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Yes. The ball was the first thing to hit the ground.

Green Bay got down to field goal range to end the game anyway. Probably would have won regardless.

You're kidding right? Dez had three steps and his elbow hit the ground then the ball comes up and he catches the fumble. If Dallas scores here Green Bay is in a whole different set of plays to try and score. Dallas probably wins in that case.

In any case he had control of the ball and was reaching for the goal and the ground can't cause the fumble, I heard those replay hacks making their excuses

That is certainly true. however, the ground can most CERTAINLY cause an incompletion. That's the way it's been called for years. I don't necessarily agree with it, though. A lot of the time it looks to me like common sense would dictate that they are catches. However, that's not a attribute of the NFL.

It don't matter anyhow the ball never hit the ground...It was a bad call

What exactly forced the ball into the air then? It wasn't Bryant's forearm...

It looked like a catch to me, but Shields jarred the ball loose. Dez was bubbling the ball when he went down, and then the ground knocked the ball loose. That is how I see the ball being called incomplete