PLAYOFFS! Dallas @ Green Bay

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes there was one shot that showed it!!! I saw it 3 times!!!! So please ok!!! It hit the ground !!!!! The refs would not have reversed call without that video !!!

Yes there was one shot that showed it!!! I saw it 3 times!!!! So please ok!!! It hit the ground !!!!! The refs would not have reversed call without that video !!!

another big question was whether he made a football move or not. we will never know for sure

Maybe, maybe not. The famous Calvin Johnson overruled catch which there was little controversy about because everyone thought it was stupid not only didn't lead to any change, but it was held up as a shining example of the rule in action. That was, what, four or five years ago now? Yeah, that wasn't a playoff game, but the NFL may not want any more tweaks that would be seen as giving yet another advantage to offense.

I think the NFL is big on perception, and even though it is another blow to defenses, it wants to appear more "fair". The fact this happened in the postseason is what will prompt the change. This was a season deciding call that the NFL doesn't want on their hands. Change the rule and take the liability off the NFL.

He didn't lose this game, but he didn't do enough to win it either. I still won't give him kudo's. He hasn't been to the NFC title game yet.

You are so funny some times. At least you are not trolling on here like someone else. Remember it is still a team game. Romo had a 143 rating and it's still not enough. What does that say?

Watch the slo-mo...Bryant's had it and Shields got just enough of it on the way down to pop it out. Bryant was in the process of regaining control when the ball was knocked loose by the ground hence the "completing the process" that the referee cited...

Shields was a good yard away from the ball after Dez took not two, but three steps. In the slow motion I did see that the ball did touch the ground, when Dez extended his arm. He should have pulled the ball to his body, but he wanted the TD. It's still a catch by the rule book, because of the three steps with the ball firmly in control. Shields did not even get a hand near the ball after it was caught.

By the rule it's the correct call .... Last week cowboy fans forget the refs were on the side of them.... By ruleeeee it's the correct call !!!! If Bryant would have used 2 hands snd held ball there would be nooooo issue.... And cowboys had calls their way all game!!! Just can't have them all !!!

This is incorrect. The Calvin Johnson rule is for endzone catches or falling-out-of-bounds catches where no football move is possible; therefore you are required to maintain possession to the ground (no elbows and such.) Bryant possesses the ball (doesn't move), lands two steps, lunges for endzone with a pushoff from other hand, touches elbow down with possession, touches knee down with possession.

The requirement for 'securing possession' of the pass is met when Dez makes a football move and when his elbow is down. No other considerations.