Paris Kings Classic Jan. 15-17

Parisian

it'll be hard to keep a competitive edge, when you lose that much in district appre district play to get ready for the playoffs. Our girls team will face an even tougher road in that aspect as there were only two teams in the district.Pleasant Grove will face Texas high tomorrow night in a rematch of old district rivals

Princeton & Paris in our district and PG and Pitt in yours are all quality 4A squads, but the problem we all face is losing that edge of significant district competition heading into the playoffs after being in 4-team districts.

I think every district has that issue so no one will have the upper hand. Don't think there is too many 4A districts that are salty from top to bottom. Once again quit whining about this new conference and just sit back and enjoy that you guys don't have to play 5A teams anymore in district or playoffs!

Every district does not have the same issues that we do up north in Districts 11 (4 boys teams, 4 girls teams) & 13 (4 & 2). In 4A, District 10 has 6/5, District 15 has 5/5, District 16 has 6/5. Plus, those districts have built-in, bi-district matches. We don't due to empty Districts 12 & 14.

In 5A for this East Texas region, District 15 has 8/8, 16 has 7/7. Those are schools that will be starting district play much earlier and have no openings on their schedule who otherwise would make good pre-district opponents.

I stand by my original assertion that 4A is due for growing pains until more schools are added to the classification. Pull up the UIL alignments for side-by-side comparison and it seems rather obvious. If you want to call that whining, then fine.

More schools want to join but UIL won't allow them. Teams like Carlisle, tenaha, and new Summerfield all field boys and girls teams, but they won't let them into a district. I understand the whole thing about not allowing 2a's in with the 4a's, but of it helps the numbers why not.

More schools want to join but UIL won't allow them. Teams like Carlisle, tenaha, and new Summerfield all field boys and girls teams, but they won't let them into a district. I understand the whole thing about not allowing 2a's in with the 4a's, but of it helps the numbers why not.

Are you sure about that? I thought any school 4A or under could play in 4A.

In other sports like softball, several years ago, they would let 2A play with 5A in DISTRICT play but for some reason when it comes to soccer only 3A can play up in the 4A conference. 2A schools can play a non UIL schedule so its basically like a JV team. They (UIL) will not let them actually get into district play. I for the life of me cant understand that rule!

The reason they did that for softball was to help the numbers and not have districts like PG where you have very few teams. They wanted softball to grow.....hmmmm. Soccer..........UIL has always dragged their feet!!!!!!