basketball officials

LoneStardom5

I agree 100%

You hit the nail on the head about officials holding a grudge. They are human and have egos, but they need to realize it's not about them. Those officials that start looking in the stands when someone says something are the ones you need to worry about.

I say it's the Officials that keep looking at the scoreboard. They get one team in bonus it's 10 + fouls to 2. They then start working on the other team to even fouls out. One team played 6 min in bonus the other 30 seconds.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen something last night that I didn't feel like was called for by either party, Ref was standing side of court waiting for teams after timeout, fan scream at ref he needs to clean his glasses so he could see, ref turned around not knowing who said it and looked into crowd and said I can see, and whomever said that needs to worry about being a fan and I'll worry about calling this game... was irresponsible by both parties but IMO the ref should have never turned around

We had one tonight trying his best to keep Gladewater girls in the game against Spring Hill. The fact he was talking and laughing with their fans during the game didn't make him look any better. The Panther student section was giving him heck so he asked the principal to go over and try to quiet them (didn't work). Horrible effort from all 3 "refs". Seem to get worse as the season goes on. I've seen a couple decent refs, but not any good ones. Tonight's were pathetic.

Saw one give a timeout to a team when they didn't even have possession of the ball. Other team dribbling down the court then the other coach calls timeout and it was granted lol,

Lol I saw something like that too.

Lose ball, players going after it, coach was rewarded TO.

if the other team has possession, that coach should be given a technical (some may let it slide, if he is next to official and not loud when calling it)

if ball is loose, it shouldn't have been awarded obviously... sometimes ref that grants TO in that situation is "off ball" and doesn't see ball loose... often will claim TO was called prior to lost possession...

Justthinkin that if you will just sit down and watch your team play I bet you will enjoy the game quite a bit more. The main thing is you aint gonna change a darn thing. I am speaking from experience on the coaching side and the parent side. I enjoyed coaching basketball a lot more when I coached my kids instead of the officials. Don't get me wrong I would ask about certain calls but it was in a conversational tone not a screech that would wake the dead. As a parent I used to just embarrass the heck out of myself yelling like an idiot from the bleachers. I realized that I was not enjoying watching my oldest sons games, I didn't make that mistake with the younger one. Look, I had a backcourt call against me on an inbounds pass after halftime in Carthage, was told I couldn't call a timeout between free throws in Wills Point, was called for 3 sec. in lane on defense (that one was corrected), just to name a few. oh yeah did ya'll know homeplate is in foul territory, according to an umpire in Whitehouse it is. All I'm saying is try it sometime, get off the officials and yell like heck for your team. You will enjoy the game more and as a bonus so will the officials I Bet.

Justthinkin that if you will just sit down and watch your team play I bet you will enjoy the game quite a bit more. The main thing is you aint gonna change a darn thing. I am speaking from experience on the coaching side and the parent side. I enjoyed coaching basketball a lot more when I coached my kids instead of the officials. Don't get me wrong I would ask about certain calls but it was in a conversational tone not a screech that would wake the dead. As a parent I used to just embarrass the heck out of myself yelling like an idiot from the bleachers. I realized that I was not enjoying watching my oldest sons games, I didn't make that mistake with the younger one. Look, I had a backcourt call against me on an inbounds pass after halftime in Carthage, was told I couldn't call a timeout between free throws in Wills Point, was called for 3 sec. in lane on defense (that one was corrected), just to name a few. oh yeah did ya'll know homeplate is in foul territory, according to an umpire in Whitehouse it is. All I'm saying is try it sometime, get off the officials and yell like heck for your team. You will enjoy the game more and as a bonus so will the officials I Bet.

This message brought to you by the University Interscholastic League and COPE......... :lol:

No thanks.

you'll thank me when you get into your late 30's early 40's and leave that doctors appointment with a prescription for blood pressure meds. lol All I'm trying to point out is I don't see how some people think they can go to an athletic event and act like they are complete idiots in the bleachers. First Amendment rights aside Do you feel that the price of admission gives you the right to make a complete fool of yourself. Next time you go off on an official and make a spectacle of yourself in the bleachers just take a look around at the adults that are looking at you with a look on their face that says would you please sit down and shut up so I can enjoy the game. Then again you are most likely sitting with a group that has their newspaper and noise makers and yells just like you. ;)

you'll thank me when you get into your late 30's early 40's and leave that doctors appointment with a prescription for blood pressure meds. lol All I'm trying to point out is I don't see how some people think they can go to an athletic event and act like they are complete idiots in the bleachers. First Amendment rights aside Do you feel that the price of admission gives you the right to make a complete fool of yourself. Next time you go off on an official and make a spectacle of yourself in the bleachers just take a look around at the adults that are looking at you with a look on their face that says would you please sit down and shut up so I can enjoy the game. Then again you are most likely sitting with a group that has their newspaper and noise makers and yells just like you. ;)

Can't remember the last time I yelled at a ref/official.

What's the point? Yelling won't make them any better.