Region 3 - AAA Basketball

KellyLeak

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Westwood will be in the mix. Good post player and all the athleticism you want at the guards. Playoffs appearance last three years with regional semi in 2013.

Gave Crockett all they could handle the other night. Want to say it was an overtime battle.

Wondering what Central Heights brings to the table this year. Typically good on the hardwood...

District 18 should be pretty good. They should have been pretty good. I think Arp will make the playoffs. West Rusk seems to be pretty good I'm hearing. Malakoff and Frankston should have a lot of talent but really havent heard much on either so far this year.

District 18 should be pretty good. They should have been pretty good. I think Arp will make the playoffs. West Rusk seems to be pretty good I'm hearing. Malakoff and Frankston should have a lot of talent but really havent heard much on either so far this year.

Mally pistol whipped Arp. Now you've heard something

As far as D20, the team to beat here will be Rockdale. I have not seen Franklin, but based on some of their results, I would not anticipate them being quite at the level of the Tigers. They are led by Wendell Mitchell, a Baylor commit. Academy will probably not be a player for a deep run. Your'e looking at Franklin, Academy, Hearne, Cameron, and Rogers for those other 3 spots. I would think Troy & Lexington are going to be out of the mix.

As far as D20, the team to beat here will be Rockdale. I have not seen Franklin, but based on some of their results, I would not anticipate them being quite at the level of the Tigers. They are led by Wendell Mitchell, a Baylor commit. Academy will probably not be a player for a deep run. Your'e looking at Franklin, Academy, Hearne, Cameron, and Rogers for those other 3 spots. I would think Troy & Lexington are going to be out of the mix.

Rockdale has a lot of talent, but they are very undisciplined...anyone with a little size and discipline knocks them out...Franklin will finish 2nd in that district, then Academy...4th spot is up for grabs, I think it comes down to Hearne or Rogers...Cameron, Lexington, and Troy are not very good.

Rockdale has a lot of talent, but they are very undisciplined...anyone with a little size and discipline knocks them out...Franklin will finish 2nd in that district, then Academy...4th spot is up for grabs, I think it comes down to Hearne or Rogers...Cameron, Lexington, and Troy are not very good.

I agree with most of this. Franklin should more than likely finish 2nd. Academy, with the transfers in, plays good enough defense to probably secure 3rd. Hearne would probably be my pick for 4th right now.

In 23-3A #6 Buna stunned #3 Kountze last night 57-51. Kountze had a horrible shooting night (5/30 - 3 pt shooting). After Kountze increased their lead to 37-30 midway through the 3rd they hit a cold streak missing 20 consecutive shots and was held without a FG for the next 10 minutes...

Buna will be a contender in Region 3.

Whitney

Current Streak: 4 W

14-7-0 4-0-0

Teague

Current Streak: 2 W

12-5-0 3-1-0

Bruceville-Eddy

Current Streak: 2 W

11-10-0 2-2-0

Marlin

Current Streak: 2 L