Maud Head Football Coach Search 2015

whousecats

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see that it is up to anyone in the community to have any input whatsoever in what offense or defense they want run. Maud should hire a coach and support him to do his job, that is what they would be hiring him to do!?!?!? When and if you care about what the "community" thinks you should run, then you have created problems... Problems that lead to coaches feeling like they are not supported or feeling like they need to move on. I can't imagine hiring an AD and him asking what scheme the community wants. That is what you call career suicide! If this is the way the community feels look for repeated turnover in the future. Coaches make 100% of the calls on this or they should leave and find a place that is behind them.

I agree.

However I'm perplexed why the Maud coach ran a spread type offense with kids that were more suitable for a power-I.

His first year in maud they made playoffs not sure how far they went but that group of waskom kids sure did miss him.. his defense made a difference in waskom I believe if he was thrre for that second year they would have been 10 times better then they ended up...

The "community" is one of the reasons that we are looking for a new coach right now. They let their own personal agendas get in the way of the coaching staff's vision. Just let the kids play and the coaches coach.

there are always a few people who don't like whatever coach for whatever reason...Maud is no different. That said I think their is a lot less politics and criticism being thrown around here than other places.

The "community" is one of the reasons that we are looking for a new coach right now. They let their own personal agendas get in the way of the coaching staff's vision. Just let the kids play and the coaches coach.

If that is true the coaching search will probably have to widen beyond Bowie county.

Please explain the personal agendas, the community is not calling the plays or leading the athletic program.

Guest OriginalBulldog

I know the question of "revolving door" has already been asked...but, their has to be something going on in Maud. The program has a good history and it is obviously a football/baseball school.

How many have they typically had come out for football? How where the JH teams?

35ish come out for football. It's a high school of about 130. Only had one JH team they lost more than they won but Maud plays some bigger schools in pre district and our combined team played the 8th grade teams