Maud Head Football Coach Search 2015

whousecats

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im getting my numbers from the university of winning.55% tells me that A. Band is a big deal B. Too many Basketball/Baseball only kids C. The community is soft D. Hunting and Fishing is more important E. Kids don't want to work. All of the above is an option at a lot of places.

You're full of it bro. Name one school that's over 55%. Btw, my numbers are backed up by 15 years of experience, 5 schools, 4 classifications, multiple playoff appearances, and 3 straight district championships!!! FYI, none of these categories fit Maud.

Actually several of those categories fit Maud just a few years ago. 4 straight district championships, one district loss in 4 years two deep runs in football, baseball and softball (state tourn appearance)..and participation numbres for boys were up around 70%...numbers are critical in small schools, gotta get and keep every able bodied person out that you can so you can have a JV schedule for the freshman and soph that don't make the varsity.

Blessed, I was talking about Redinjun's categories. Maud has a great tradition, and you are totally right about numbers in a small school. This guy is just running off at the mouth. Just do the math on enrollment numbers. I guess Allen doesn't have good football #'s since they don't have 55 % of their boys playing football.

35 isn't very good...that's about 55% of the boys that play. Must be some issues.

I don't understand where someone can come to a conclusion based on some arbitrary number, especially when they are not involved in the situation. I guarantee you that the numbers are fine. The kids that WANT to play are playing. The kids that are basketball/baseball only here are few and far between. There will be almost 100 kids JH and HS that will be on the track to defend DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIPS in the spring. There are no "issues" with our kids or our coaches. Our kids (boys and girls) show up to work every day, and ALL of our coaches are committed to making them successful on the field, court, track and in life! I will passionately defend these 13-18 year old kids and my coworkers and even the community as long as I have the privilege and the ability to work here. Unless you are here with us every day, and working with these kids, then keep your "issues" to yourself.

You have no idea what you are talking about prime. When your at a class 2a school and you don't have around 70% of your boys out you are in trouble. Your problem is your bragging about 3 district championships, not state championships. Obviously at the larger schools that percentage goes waaay down. But if you want to be successful in the 2a DII bracket you need around 42ish to sustain a JV all year.

I'll agree that you need higher percentages in smaller schools, but you also have to take into account the enrollment swings as well. What if there are a lot of girls in these classes. JS. Most years they have 40-50 boys that play football. Btw, if you wanna contact me about this further feel free to do so.

No need to contact you, you acknowledged who knew what they where talking. Theres also an Instant messenger feature if theres something needs to be said off the forum. You are correct though that just because there are 130 kids in school doesn't mean there are 65 boys. But if there are 65 boys you should atleast have enough kids out to sustain a JV all year.

The girls are fighting their tails off for a playoff spot in basketball right now, and will be defending District and Area track championships (without a track by the way). Softball is expected to compete for the playoffs as well this year. There a lot of great things happening in the athletic program as a whole right now...