Maud Head Football Coach Search 2015

whousecats

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's official, Alan Cross approved as AD.

The power gun offense is about to explode in Maud. With this guy having previous stops at Bogata Rivercrest and Tom Bean there is no question he is a great coach. The aforementioned schools are without a doubt two of the most historical programs in Texas.

Going 0-10 in Tom Bean is not in and of itself a sign of bad coaching. That place is probably the most screwed up school district in the state when it comes to athletics. I do believe only one coach in school history has lasted more than three years.

And I too heard that this was "inside hire" that is okay too most hires go down that road. The only problem I have with it is wasting the time of other applicants to come in an interview. If you know who you are going to hire why not just do it instead of going through a dog and pony show and wasting peoples time?

The answer is you have to bring in lesser tiered candidates to interview against your "boy" to make him look better. And the 0-10 reference to tom bean was the coach that got hired years ago that stated he was going to "outcoach" everybody. Well he did, to the tune of an 0-10 season, he was then rescued by his uncle to go on to the university of Tulsa, he spent this past season "outcoaching" everybody with salado.

Going 0-10 in Tom Bean is not in and of itself a sign of bad coaching. That place is probably the most screwed up school district in the state when it comes to athletics. I do believe only one coach in school history has lasted more than three years.

And I too heard that this was "inside hire" that is okay too most hires go down that road. The only problem I have with it is wasting the time of other applicants to come in an interview. If you know who you are going to hire why not just do it instead of going through a dog and pony show and wasting peoples time?

First I believe he went 7-13 in 2 seasons at Tom Bean. On the other note, I believe the hiring process was fair and every candidate had a fair shake. If possible candidates know the superintendent before they get hired does not necessarily mean it's a "brother in law deal". Furthermore how many of yall have jobs that you got without knowing anyone who worked there before getting hired? I think knowing someone and what they are about would be a benefit in a hiring process.