Big weekend for A&M.

WETSU

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baylor guys saying Boyd is telling Baylor he's A&M bound.

Demarco Boyd tweeted Kris boyd Gig em today.

Holton Hill and Kris Boyd will be in College station this weekend.

I'm posting all this because I'm starting to feel more and more confident Boyd will be an Aggie. Along with Mack. And I'm beginning to think Hill is a real possibility. This recruiting cycle could end with a bang for A&M!!

Baylor guys saying Boyd is telling Baylor he's A&M bound.

Demarco Boyd tweeted Kris boyd Gig em today.

Holton Hill and Kris Boyd will be in College station this weekend.

I'm posting all this because I'm starting to feel more and more confident Boyd will be an Aggie. Along with Mack. And I'm beginning to think Hill is a real possibility. This recruiting cycle could end with a bang for A&M!!

I'll be shocked if we get Boyd. He's a longhorn lock IMO. Mack is a frog most likely. Murray is our most important recruit by far...... We have 1 legitimate QB on our roster and Murray is the only one we're actively recruiting. Even if we get KM, we're still really thin @ QB.

Lol I never said the sip commit was a big deal just interesting. Kyler is just enjoying his last two weeks where everyone freaks out about their post. NSD They will become a normal teenager. Live in the moment.

If it's no big deal and he's just enjoying his visits, why didn't he go on an official visit instead of on his own dime.

I think A&M is going to have a dang good class one way or the other. I still think Murray goes there. I don't even think Mack knows where he is going to go. Wouldn't surprise me to see Boyd going there either. And they already have a good class without Boyd and Mack they just add to it.

WETSU, I'm hearing that Sumlin is bringing Manziel to the in-home to ensure KM stays committed.

1. Any truth to that?

2. Do you think that's a good idea? Does Kyler and Manziel have a relationship?

Manziel is in college station today, but it's not officially with Sumlin. Manziel and Kyler have a good relationship For the most part. Kyler mentioned Manziel having a similar skill set and that was a big influence in his decision. The word around Aggie boards is that Manziel is contacting Murray doing a little recruiting today but there's nothing official.

Just a side note, all of the Aggie commits are very close with Kyler and they seem to think this is all smoke and mirrors just having a little fun on kylers part. James Lockhart who was with Kyler at the banquet last night is saying on Twitter he believes Kyler is trolling and "all is good" in terms of A&Ms chances of landing Kyler. Being with him the night before, I'm pretty sure he would have had a decent indication if something was off. I also think if Sumlin and Spavital were even slightly worried of a flip, another QB would be getting a look. There is only ONE scholarship qb on campus right now at A&M, and if Kyler is wavering I think Sumlin would be scrambling for backup plans just in case.

Manziel is in college station today, but it's not officially with Sumlin. Manziel and Kyler have a good relationship For the most part. Kyler mentioned Manziel having a similar skill set and that was a big influence in his decision. The word around Aggie boards is that Manziel is contacting Murray doing a little recruiting today but there's nothing official.

Just a side note, all of the Aggie commits are very close with Kyler and they seem to think this is all smoke and mirrors just having a little fun on kylers part. James Lockhart who was with Kyler at the banquet last night is saying on Twitter he believes Kyler is trolling and "all is good" in terms of A&Ms chances of landing Kyler. Being with him the night before, I'm pretty sure he would have had a decent indication if something was off. I also think if Sumlin and Spavital were even slightly worried of a flip, another QB would be getting a look. There is only ONE scholarship qb on campus right now at A&M, and if Kyler is wavering I think Sumlin would be scrambling for backup plans just in case.

This would mean Kevin Murray is trolling as well. That would be really bad for his business. Kyler may have simply visited Texas to please his dad, but I don't think he's doing it for laughs.

This would mean Kevin Murray is trolling as well. That would be really bad for his business. Kyler may have simply visited Texas to please his dad, but I don't think he's doing it for laughs.

Why do you feel kevin is trolling?

I don't think Kyler is trolling texas, but I do not believe the interest is what the visit appears to be. Imo, if Kyler was interested in flipping, he would have been in Austin on an OV today with Mack and the rest of the class.

Why do you feel kevin is trolling?

I don't think Kevin is trolling. My statement is if Kyler is trolling then his father is trolling as well because it was his father that drove Kyler and Lodge to Austin.

Kyler: Hey Dad, let's drive down to Austin to make all the Longhorn fans think I'm interested in going to school there.

Dad: That would be so funny to watch their reaction thinking they have a chance of you going to their school. Let's do it!

Kyler: Can we take DeMarkus along as well?

Dad: Sure... tell him will drive by and pick him up.

Kyler: Great! I'll get it started by tweeting a pick of a Texas jersey.

Sounds pretty ridiculous doesn't it?

For kids that have no parental influence I can see a certain amount of trolling or just a chance to "experience" the process. From what I understand Murray is above all of that. Or at least I would hope so. Is he coming to UT? Probably not but it is something for him to consider.

It's not like we are dealing with Jimmy Kimmel and Cousin Sal.

I don't think Kevin is trolling. My statement is if Kyler is trolling then his father is trolling as well because it was his father that drove Kyler and Lodge to Austin.

Kyler: Hey Dad, let's drive down to Austin to make all the Longhorn fans think I'm interested in going to school there.

Dad: That would be so funny to watch their reaction thinking they have a chance of you going to their school. Let's do it!

Kyler: Can we take DeMarkus along as well?

Dad: Sure... tell him will drive by and pick him up.

Kyler: Great! I'll get it started by tweeting a pick of a Texas jersey.

Sounds pretty ridiculous doesn't it?

I'm sure it didn't go down like that...

What I'm saying is that Kevin can go so he's staying close with the major college coaches as it helps with his qb teachings. Kyler and Lodge get out of school for the day to go be pampered and treated like royalty. Kyler and lodge get to sit back and watch Twitter go crazy for the next two weeks while they sit back and say nothing one way or the other about their intentions.

I just think if Kyler was sincerely interested, he wouldn't have been recruiting so hard for A&M just a week ago, he would be scheduling an official visit to texas where he can spend 2 days getting the full run down vs a couple of hours. If he was thinking of flipping to texas, I would think he would be trying to flip some of the others...

If he picks A&M let's hope he doesn't follow JF footsteps off the field "I'm sure he won't" or Sumlin will be looking for a job. He will be considered the next Jimbo Fisher!

I don't think Murray will flip to Texas, but the Malik Jefferson scenario has to be playing out in aggie minds right now.

I think it's different. Malik's parents were heavily pushing texas. Kevin is largely staying out of it. It's different when your family isn't influencing your choice. Plus Kyler knows his OC while Malik didn't.

WETSU, come off it already. Murray didn't load up with his dad in the family mini-van and drive to Austin for ### and giggles. If he were 100% committed to A&M, especially being an aggie legacy, he would NOT have made the trip at all. I'm sure a 17/18 high school kid has a million other things he would rather do. Clearly there is legitimate interest on his and his family's part as to choosing the best option for his future. Don't be freaking stupid here. One halfway decent aggie qb in the entire modern era of college football does not make A&M a better option than Texas.

As far as Sumlin's recruiting process, he seems to be making a major mistake in my opinion. Whether Kyler flips or stays with the aggies, come June if he gets drafted high enough it maybe adios, sayonara, goodbye to Texas A&M and hello $2 million dollar signing bonus. This would leave A&M with a total of ONE scholarship qb on the team. That could prove to be a major mistake.

WETSU, come off it already. Murray didn't load up with his dad in the family mini-van and drive to Austin for ### and giggles. If he were 100% committed to A&M, especially being an aggie legacy, he would NOT have made the trip at all. I'm sure a 17/18 high school kid has a million other things he would rather do. Clearly there is legitimate interest on his and his family's part as to choosing the best option for his future. Don't be freaking stupid here. One halfway decent aggie qb in the entire modern era of college football does not make A&M a better option than Texas.

As far as Sumlin's recruiting process, he seems to be making a major mistake in my opinion. Whether Kyler flips or stays with the aggies, come June if he gets drafted high enough it maybe adios, sayonara, goodbye to Texas A&M and hello $2 million dollar signing bonus. This would leave A&M with a total of ONE scholarship qb on the team. That could prove to be a major mistake.

It's not like Texas is a NFL QB factory..,. Their history at the position isn't much stronger than A&Ms. And A&M has had a Heisman winning qb while Texas has not.

And like I've said before, Murray has not showed any interest in Texas for two years. I do not believe that one afternoon trip 2 weeks before signing day changes that. If Kyler were serious he would be setting up an OV imo. Kylers dad and uncle have ties to the texas program. Who's to say Kyler didn't just take a day trip as a courtesy? Or maybe just to get out of school?

The evidence that Kyler is not interested far outweighs the evidence he is... It's not like he drove across the country or dropped 500 dollars on a plane ticket for a visit. It's a 3-4 hour drive, his parents are not hurting for money, and his family has ties to the program. It's just as easy this trip is meaningless as it is this trip means a flip.

Like I said, if he sets up a OV for next week or you see A&M pursue another qb, then I'll believe his interest is legit and heavy. Until then, there's simply not enough to say he's "interested" or "heavily considering" texas.