Big weekend for A&M.

WETSU

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting off the field is a key. Making tackles and not blowing coverage. Last year when I said Aggie defense would be just as bad, same DC and lack of toughness. Just like Diaz seemed to produce a soft defense I thought same of synder. Chavis doesn't coach that way. Being tougher with discipline will go a long way.

I agree. Just based off two of the new hires, Chavis and Christianson, I believe Sumlin is serious about changing the physicality of his team. Those are also both very tough practice guys as well. I think Sumlin realizes his team has been soft and is trying to fix that.

Im still lost.... Murray and mack are in the same class and have had a pretty close bond the entire time. I'm not saying it "makes sense" for a defensive and offensive commit to be close, but they are. Mack believes in murray. He believes Murray and the offensive side will be successful wherever he goes. So therefore he likes the idea of playing with him. A&Ms defense has a young core of high ranking players and one of the most successful DCs over the last 15 years. There is promise there. It's not hard to see why he would consider them. Now if Snyder was still there I see the logic.

Read my earlier post about someone that has played the game.

I don't know a heckuva lot about Murray's baseball skills, but based on the fact that he's a fairly small, 17-yo middle infielder... I don't see him striking it rich come draft day. Those MLB guys are looking for HS power pitchers (95+), lefties that can get in the 90's, D-1 corner IF/OF's with pop, and JUCO studs who have re-entered the draft. 5'10" 2B who can fly are pretty much a dime a dozen.

Question 5' 10" is better in football or baseball? We know the answer. And who said he will be drafted as a 2nd B?

Read my earlier post about someone that has played the game.

IM not talking about two players knowing each other.... I'm talking about players having confidence the other side of the ball will get the job done. There very little doubt that Murray/A&M will have success on offense. Mack could go to A&M and truly believe Murray and company will put him in position to win games. That is why Mack cares where Murray goes. Defensive players don't just care about what's going on with their defense. Can you imagine how frustrating it is trying to stay on the field over and over while your offense goes 3 and out over and over. It's demoralizing for a defense and even the best defenses break down before long. Mack is smart enough to know that offense is important to a defensive player.

A spread offense does not require a tall QB. Hitches, bubble screens, slants, and go's.

Youre missing the point. Kyler murray didn't commit to texas, therefore there is no chance he plays college football and will be drafted number 1 overall in the MLB draft.

What guys are left on the radar for atm?

Mack

Lodge

Justin Martin

Kendall Bussey

Kendall Sheffield has been in heavy talks with Chavis this week so looking for a possible flip.

Rokwon Smith OLB from Ga. Long shot but he visited last week and left impressed.

I've heard there could be surprise or two but nothing major and I don't know who they are.

Mack

Lodge

Justin Martin

Kendall Bussey

Kendall Sheffield has been in heavy talks with Chavis this week so looking for a possible flip.

Rokwon Smith OLB from Ga. Long shot but he visited last week and left impressed.

I've heard there could be surprise or two but nothing major and I don't know who they are.

Is Rokwon Smith committed anywhere? Is atm still pursuing Xavier Lewis?

Is Rokwon Smith committed anywhere? Is atm still pursuing Xavier Lewis?

No smith is not committed anywhere. His leaders are Georgia, A&M, Michigan and UCLA I think. Heavy UGA predictions but ya never know. He wanted to visit LSU until Chavis left and that's what brought on the A&M visit.

I haven't heard anything on Xavier Lewis.

I spoke to my friend that lives in Allen. He is not a scout by any means, just his honest opinion. He said Kyler is a good baseball player but not great. His athleticism is so good though, that just focusing on one sport he would be great.

I have never seen the kid play baseball but I have football.

He makes all of the big throws and will have success on the college level.

I spoke to my friend that lives in Allen. He is not a scout by any means, just his honest opinion. He said Kyler is a good baseball player but not great. His athleticism is so good though, that just focusing on one sport he would be great.

I have never seen the kid play baseball but I have football.

He makes all of the big throws and will have success on the college level.

I've heard he's late first/early second round potential, but could fall farther because of his status with football.

I've never seen him play in person, but I've heard he's not a "game changing" type baseball player. Not near like the impact he has on the football field. baseball is such a different animal than football. There are probably 15-20 kids in this draft alone that play Kylers positions and could have similiar impacts. The numbers in baseball with it being a international sport are just so much different than football.

Late 1st or early 2nd is pretty dang good going into your senior year. I've seen him play baseball a few times, and he has the opportunity to be a 5 tool player. That doesn't happen very often with a 2nd baseman. That's why MLB is so high on him. Some scouts have said he could be a 30HR, 50 SB type of guy. A young Robinson Cano. And that is a game changer that many teams would take a chance at because once you get past the top pitchers and no doubt hitters in college it's wide open with potential.

One last time so we can squash this ignorant way of thinking....

From day one of this 2015 cycle A&M wanted to take 3 corners. Their number 1 target was Kendall Sheffield and he got the first offer. Being the highest ranked corner in the state that's understandable. In fact I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure texas offered him first too. Anyways, he is a 5 star guy and one of the top corners in the country. He's the type of guy if you feel confident you're getting him you wait it out until late in the process if you have to.

Now that leaves 2 spots at corner left. A&M offered 3 guys scholarships at the same time and told them they liked them all but we're limited on spots so the first two to commit would be guaranteed spots but if they waited there would be no guarantees. Well Boyd decided to wait and A&M filled the two spots with the other two corners. Now Boyd no longer had a spot with the current numbers. When they missed on Kendall sheffield the spot left open was now Boyd's if he wanted it.

The texas fan way of thinking that Boyd was a "second option" or A&M only offered him because they whiffed on sheffield. He had an opportunity early to commit and was thought of highly but chose to wait.

I think aggies are the only ones that didn't believe the backup plan

I think aggies are the only ones that didn't believe the backup plan

Of course. Why would Aggies know anything about Aggie recruiting? We are so obsessed with Texas we can't even process our own thoughts on a matter. Texas fans are so indifferent towards A&M they are able to perfectly decipher A&Ms recruiting tactics.

Of course. Why would Aggies know anything about Aggie recruiting? We are so obsessed with Texas we can't even process our own thoughts on a matter. Texas fans are so indifferent towards A&M they are able to perfectly decipher A&Ms recruiting tactics.

Surely kris didn't see the swagcopter leave his game at halftime

Kyler is at the A&M basketball game right now and just received a standing ovation from the students.

That's pretty cool. I remember Vince Young saying his mind was made up when the crowd at the basketball game started chanting his name during his OV.