Big weekend for A&M.

WETSU

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Higdon (inside Texas mod) on whether Mack will flip Boyd to A&M:

"I hate to say this but this is a real possibility for sure and I would lean to this happening as of right now....again, just trying to keep you one step ahead of the game..."

Texas A&M has significant strides recently with several class of 2015 prospects and it looks like the Aggies are in very good shape with a pair of East Texas defenders.

There is a lot of buzz on Monday evening about Gladewater, Texas, five-star defensive tackle Daylon Mack and four-star Gilmer, Texas, cornerback Kris Boyd.

Mack has a final group of A&M, TCU and Texas and word started to circulate on Monday that he has informed the Longhorn coaches he would not be headed to Austin to play his college ball. TCU has felt strongly about its chances with the 6-foot, 330-pound standout for some time but that confidence and optimism has started to wane as well.

Meanwhile, as we have been saying since late last week, the Aggies are feeling a lot more confident with the former A&M pledge. A&M feels there is a very strong chance he ends up back on the commit list when he announces his decision on Wednesday at 11 a.m.

Boyd, meanwhile, committed to Texas on Austin television last Friday. However, we are hearing he is having serious second thoughts.

Obviously, that is not surprising given the way his recruitment has gone, but Texas is worried about losing the Army All-American to the Aggies. In fact, we have been told by sources that he was on the phone with A&M while driving to Austin last week and was already rethinking his decision. The announcement on the TV station was planned, though, and he decided to go through with it.

Watching Twitter on Monday evening, you can see that several Aggie players such as Josh Walker, who is close friends with Boyd, and Ricky Seals-Jones are hinting at something. They seem confident A&M will flip Boyd from the Longhorns. Mack even sent a cyptic tweet Boyd's way that seemed to indicate something was up.

GigEm247 analyst Taylor Hamm is putting in a Crystal Ball flip pick for Boyd and it will likely not be long before you see some others come in as well.

Obviously, Boyd is one recruit who can change his mind on a whim and has done so in the past, but everything we are hearing from multiple sources indicate the Aggies will land both him and Mack.

http://tamu.247sports.com/Board/20/Contents/Big-news-on-East-Texas-duo-35305736

Exactly. Sumlin is a straight thug. Recruits parents hate him, he doesn't have core values, he can't beat LSU, and let's players run wild through his program. He's almost reaching Les Miles level of crime and problem children amongst the team. Hey, maybe that means he close to a Natty...

I think he surpassed Miles last year in thuggery :). Theft is also running rampant at A&M too...

Higdon (inside Texas mod) on whether Mack will flip Boyd to A&M:

"I hate to say this but this is a real possibility for sure and I would lean to this happening as of right now....again, just trying to keep you one step ahead of the game..."

Higdon is not from inside Texas. He's hookem 247

Higdon is not from inside Texas. He's hookem 247

Oh my bad. Sorry for the confusion. I quoted that off an Aggie board.

Either way that quote along with everything I've posted in this thread has to be head scratching right now. Cold be legit.

Oh my bad. Sorry for the confusion. I quoted that off an Aggie board.

Either way that quote along with everything I've posted in this thread has to be head scratching right now. Cold be legit.

Recruiting this year is crazy, from Boyd I wouldn't be surprised by anything!

Ok let's settle the money thing. Recruits flip way too much for any school to offer money. It would be very dumb and we would see a ton of schools get in trouble every year. Now are there places where a guy gets something in the side after a great year? I would not doubt that happens just not in the recruiting process.

true

Ok let's settle the money thing. Recruits flip way too much for any school to offer money. It would be very dumb and we would see a ton of schools get in trouble every year. Now are there places where a guy gets something in the side after a great year? I would not doubt that happens just not in the recruiting process.

Cam Newton was bought.... pretty much proven.

Recruiting this year is crazy, from Boyd I wouldn't be surprised by anything!

Justin Wells of IT firm that Boyd isn't going anywhere. I trust him way more than Higdon or Ketch

I will laugh hysterically if that were to happen wed. I can hear the excuses now lol.

I'm not sure what players you are referring to about Wednesday morning. I know Longhorn fans would be disappointed at not landing Daylon Mack, but I also know he has already committed and de-committed from A&M. It would not be a stretch to see him land back at A&M.

So the excuses and the "tears" from the guy posting above you just don't make sense to me. This is typical when you are competing for 4 and 5 star players till the end. Texas isn't used to it because Mack Brown usually had his class finished prior to football season. Strong, like Sumlin, feels comfortable offering out of state if it's a need.

Jeff Howe on Boyd:

Not Colt, but it is time to worry. I thought this could happen but didn't think it would.

Pretty much reflects the way the recruitment has gone.

All Texas can do is recruit him until the fax comes through. Can't do anything other than that.

Jeff Howe on Boyd:

Not Colt, but it is time to worry. I thought this could happen but didn't think it would.

Pretty much reflects the way the recruitment has gone.

All Texas can do is recruit him until the fax comes through. Can't do anything other than that.

KBoyd_zps4f4ba121.png

I said if key word if. I don't think it will happen but it would be hilarious through.

Okay... It's going to be hilarious if the Aggies can hold on to Daylon Mack. The guy that was their biggest recruiter for other players up until the point he decomitted. The guy that trademarked #WRTS. Yes, that will be hilarious.