Interesting deer trail cam

Five0pd310

Back to the original question, I think that if the temp of 16' is correct in the picture that is the answer to why he is so fuzzy. When it's that cold their hair stands up and you can see much more of it. I bet if you saw the same deer in 45' he would be gray. Plus deer are like us, there are different degrees of color in their hair.

It's in the genes ... simple as that. That deer looks like that year round ....

It's in the genes ... simple as that. That deer looks like that year round ....

I agree with cayugasportsdad. I've seen them bedded down, stand up and be fluffy and then lick their coats back to slick... If you're thinking that's a northern trait, why isn't that deer's body as big as the 6 points? A northern spike would be bigger than a southern 6 point, I'm assuming the 6 point is a year older...

I agree with cayugasportsdad. I've seen them bedded down, stand up and be fluffy and then lick their coats back to slick... If you're thinking that's a northern trait, why isn't that deer's body as big as the 6 points? A northern spike would be bigger than a southern 6 point, I'm assuming the 6 point is a year older...

Some of them are significantly larger. I know there arr a lot of northern strain whitetails crossbred with native Texas deer...I saw them in enclosures over the years. There is no think about it.