Cedar Hill's Joey McGuire declines Texas offer

dallasblog

Good for him. He has a great thing going at Cedar Hill, and obviously is very excited to be coaching his son.

Says a lot about how far UT football has fallen though when they can't even convince a high school coach to come coach for em.

Good for him. He has a great thing going at Cedar Hill, and obviously is very excited to be coaching his son.

Says a lot about how far UT football has fallen though when they can't even convince a high school coach to come coach for em.

He made a promise to his son he this isn't the first FBS offer that he has turned down either

I guess if that's the way you want to look at it.

Me, I think it says a lot about a father who is willing to pass up great opportunities for himself in order to be part of his sons experience while he still can.

Seriously? I think in a way it's a lateral move, but to go from AD/HC to TE coach aka recruiter... It may be a power thing...

Seriously? I think in a way it's a lateral move, but to go from AD/HC to TE coach aka recruiter... It may be a power thing...

Lateral move? Seriously? Getting hired at one of the top College football programs in the nation and tripling your Salary is a lateral move. Smh......

There's nothing "lateral" about a move that would give you at least a 150 to 200% raise, in my opinion. He must be plenty happy where he is, didn't like what was offered at all, extremely loyal, or any combination of personal things not to make this move. He had his reasons, and you have to respect a man not to let money rule his decision.