Longhorn Spring

JustAFan11

I heard that Big Malcom Brown and Hicks echoed Diggs' sentiment about how there are players still on the squad that are satisfied with just being Longhorns. Either Hicks or Brown said that there are players who love wearing the Texas uniform but don't want to do what it takes to make the Longhorns successful. I'm thinking there is another purge coming this summer or maybe as early as the end of spring practices.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think UT can open up the offense more with Heard. The entire offense was mostly slow developing plays with Swoops and I think that changes with Heard.

I think naturally the offense would also get better with Swoopes too. Swoopes was bad, but considering there was exactly 1 coach from Brown's staff left, it was like starting from scratch with anyone at QB. Heard will be better, God help you Horn fans if he is anything worse... But you rarely see an entirely new staff come in and blow up opposing defenses unless you have someone that can use their legs like Manziel did at A&M their first year with Sumlin. The schedule is rough, but even with bad QB okay Texas was competitive in conference last year. Should not be worse in yr 2

I haven't been able to sit down and write my own list but I copied this one from BurntOrangeNation.

http://www.burntorangenation.com/2015/2/26/8110203/texas-longhorns-junior-day-february-28

The main thing to note is that 3 of the 4 commits will be there, the only one not going is Cali WR Johnson. This will be a small class in numbers most are saying around 20. The staff will put offers out to all the top players, as we saw with the last recruiting cycle the staff will fight for the top players until the very end. Although I think more players will jump at the offers earlier than last cycle Strong and company will recruit down to the last minutes of signing day!

This will be the only jr day for Texas this year. At least it's the only one scheduled at this time!

JustAFan11 , have you heard anything about why havn't given an offer or invite to Trinity DT Chris Daniels?? Looks like a beast IMO and I read he's openly stated he loves UT and would go.

JustAFan11 , have you heard anything about why havn't given an offer or invite to Trinity DT Chris Daniels?? Looks like a beast IMO and I read he's openly stated he loves UT and would go.

He's definitely a potential offer. The DT position is very deep this cycle and Texas believes they have a good shot at a few guys ranked higher than Daniels. Also consider that with the hiring of former LSU Dline coach Haley, the staff believes they may have a shot at some other national top DTs.

Recruiting the state will be interesting... Sumlin came in on fire recruiting. Strong comes in on fire. Patterson picked his game up. Pretty boy at Tech is a player. Then you still have Stoopes hitting North and East Texas hard, with Miles and others with their presence in the South. I know this is the way it's always been, but looks like the major players may be more likely to stay in state moreso than they have the past 5 years or so.

The Strong locomotive is barreling down the tracks and in it's wake it's leaving aggie body parts and tears

Lmao.... Not even remotely close. But okay. I'm glad so many kids have committed to Texas over A&M in 2015 and now 2016... Oh wait....