Longhorn Spring

JustAFan11

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A&M is definetly in better shape at QB to start the season because they have a "sample" of what Allen can do moving forward. He performed well in his 5 games. Texas still has an unknown with Heard (I believe he will start). Had Allen RS this past season both programs would be in a similar situation except A&M's plan "B" or "A 2" brings more to the table than UT's. Per ESPN, Allen was a 4 star ( 85 )QB/PP #1, 6'3 200 4.8 40 Heard was a 4 star (83) QB/DT #6, 6'2 185 4.5 40. For the offenses that both teams are "suppose to run" in 2015 the two players are comparable in ability. I doubt either will be a bust but there is more uncertainty with Heard than Allen because Allen has actually played (well) in games. This debate should be saved for week 4 or 5 of the coming season. Right now A&M has the better QB situation without a doubt

A&M is definetly in better shape at QB to start the season because they have a "sample" of what Allen can do moving forward. He performed well in his 5 games. Texas still has an unknown with Heard (I believe he will start). Had Allen RS this past season both programs would be in a similar situation except A&M's plan "B" or "A 2" brings more to the table than UT's. Per ESPN, Allen was a 4 star ( 85 )QB/PP #1, 6'3 200 4.8 40 Heard was a 4 star (83) QB/DT #6, 6'2 185 4.5 40. For the offenses that both teams are "suppose to run" in 2015 the two players are comparable in ability. I doubt either will be a bust but there is more uncertainty with Heard than Allen because Allen has actually played (well) in games. This debate should be saved for week 4 or 5 of the coming season. Right now A&M has the better QB situation without a doubt

100% agree!! Let wait and see

I can't wait to see how Murry fares as a QB on a team that isn't head and shoulders better than the opposition. Yes, I think Texas is in just as good a position at QB as A&M. Murry may or may not be up to the competition level, time will tell. I would not be surprised to see Heard excel for the Longhorns because of his size and ability to run their offense. Again, time will tell.

Umm.... A&M offense is head and shoulders above most of the sec. The numbers prove that. It's the defense that's been their downfall. A&M's offensive recruiting is second to none right now. The talent is there around Kyler. Your excuse is not valid.

Now if you just want to simply believe he will fail that's fine, but you need to come up with better reasons. Especially when your statement completely contradicts what you say about heard. You say heard is more likely to be successful, but heard has far less to work with. It will be HARDER for Heard to shine in his offense with what's around him than it will be for Murray with what's around him. Yet hou give Heard the edge based on 3-4 inches on his height? Come on man....

I think Heard is going to do well at Texas Kirt, but to anoint him before he even takes a snap and say he's better than Kyle Allen or Kyler Murray just isn't logical. Heard is just as likely to flop or succeed as Murray is. Anyone arguing that is just not being objective about the matter.

Ricky flair summed it up perfect. A&M already knows the minimum it's going to get at qb next year. A kyle Allen who beat a top 5 team on the road and played extremely well in the bowl game while being average in the rest. He's a freshman and SHOULD improve off last years success. Texas has NO clue what heard will or won't do. He's just as big of unknown as Kyler. So if you're not willing to give one the benefit of the doubt, you can't do the other. So therefore they wash out. So essentially, A&M is the clear favorite at the QB position "right now" because of Allens play. If Heard lights the world on fire then we can revisit this in late December. Until then I have no idea how someone could assume texas is on par or better than A&M at qb.

2016 CE King RB Trayveon Williams

"@TrayveonW: This Is Seriously A Real Blessing Just Received An Offer From University Of Texas

#BleedOrange #Longhorns #UT

Per IT

"Bowman Sells just picked up another offer! This one is from The University of Texas! @B1Sells5"

6-foot-2, 180-pound lefty holds offers from a unique list of suitors. Ohio State and Clemson.

Per IT

Khalil Ladler, was just offered by Texas. 5-foot-11, 170-pound DB from Stephenson HS in Stone Mountain.

2016 5-star CB Saivion Smith was offered by Texas today, per his Twitter. 6-foot-2 DB from Bradenton, FL!

Texas just offered 2016 DE McTelvin Agim of Hope (Ark.) 6-foot-3, 260 lbs!

4-star QB Dwayne Haskins (Potomac, MD)

Grandview's QBs Zach Smith (Baylor commit)

@thezach_smith: Blessed to have Received an offer from The University of Texas!💯🐂

They keep coming today!

4* Desoto QB (Tech commit)

@5Tristenwallace: S/O to the University of Texas for the Official offer! @CoachWatsonUT http://t.co/RA2NQMruZQ

@AndrewKingHorns: Another Texas QB offer, this time it's LSU QB Commit Felipe Franks from Crawfordville, FLA per @Horns247.

@DemetricDWarren: #Texas offers 2016 #Baylor commit DT Jordan Elliot (Westside HS, TX) @jw3st95 @VarsityPreps @SouthRecruit1 #HookEm

+1

If Heard works out this would give Texas some depth and put them in a situation where it is who is up next instead of take the job we have no one else.

Heard is going to be much better than Swoopes was. And I don't think I'm going out on a limb saying that. The only "if" I'm concerned about is "if Heard can stay healthy all season"