Local High School principal under attack

roughneck21

Can you show me where church and state are combined in the constitution?

And just wondering what if he had read a book other than the bible would you feel the same way?

Amendment 1:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

IF he had been reading any other book besides The Bible, you libtard pinko commies wouldn't be complaining one bit.......

That does not say the State and the Church are one, that says we have the freedom to worship in our own way. You are inferring the free exercise means anywhere. If they were reading from the Book of Mormon would you be ok with that? The typical right wing answer to anything is to say "you liberal" but what you really want is things EXACTLY your way and when they are not you cry foul.

WITHOUT prohibition.....if I can't exercise my religion anywhere I so choose, my FIRST AMENDMENT rights have been violated......If they were reading from the Book of Mormon, no one would be saying anything....the only reason this is an issue is because you anti-God pinko commies are trying to force YOUR beliefs on everyone........

First one says nothing.

And yes I have read the Fedealist papers. I notice you didn't post anything by Jefferson, does that not fit your bill?

you actually have to click the links to read the anti-federalist papers.......takes a little effort......the Federalist Papers and the anti-Federalist papers are the answer to your query to be shown what the founding fathers thoughts were on this.......just because you are obviously incapable of understanding what they wrote in no way diminishes it.......

Ok show me what I am missing. And just of note the papers, either side, are not the constitution. I thought you interpreted the constitution very literally?

The papers are the authors THOUGHTS on how they believed The Constitution should be interpreted......I'm not going to dig through and find what you want.....you are capable of doing that......your query was answered......

And neither directly answer the question of church and state. The cover bill of rights, needed not needed. Jefferson also spoke on it, but you chose to leave him out.

if you are too ignorant to see the question you asked was answered by the Federalist and anti-Federalist papers, I guess there is no hope for you.......if you want to add Jefferson's quotes in, feel free to post them....they DON'T answer the question you originally asked.....

So your saying it is NOT a heavy right conservative site? Most of what it has is little substance and mostly shock to increase the clicks.

again, you are obviously too ignorant to know the difference between news and commentary.......so this conversation, like most of our others, is going nowhere.......

Yes most of wat is on wnd is commentary I understand. And yes almost all of it is far right wing conservative. It is written in the opinion of the author and in most cases very little facts are used to back them up.

Most of what is on WND is links to NEWS stories from other sites........and the commentary does not affect the validity of the actual NEWS on the site.......

Amendment 1:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

IF he had been reading any other book besides The Bible, you libtard pinko commies wouldn't be complaining one bit.......

This is correct, but people actually believe that there is a separation of church and state. It only prevents the establishment of a State Religion, but can in no way prohibit the freedom to exercise that right or limit what speech can be made. However, through court rulings the State has in de facto made atheism the State religion. This is in direct violation of the 1st Amendment. People now accept it as common law since the 60's, and it will never be repealed.

so since we have FREEDOM of religion what do you think the state religion should be? What if you live in a town made up of mostly Musliums? How about Buddhist? What about Mormons? What happens when the "Bible" reading disagrees with your personal religious beliefs?

The founding fathers did not come from one church and there is no evidence they were even under the same belief system

It shouldn't be anything, including atheism. We should all be given the freedom of speech, especially in schools, when it should have dialogue, discussion, and debate regarding all aspects of humanity. The Government should not make any ruling to remove those aspects. I am not offended by any man's religion, only if the actions of said religions result in destruction, loss of freedoms, or life. Our founding fathers knew that those restraints should never be mandated, yet they have by judicial decrees. America is truly an atheist nation based on those rulings.

So guilty until proven innocent? Yep that is what our country is founded on......they showed it you can see pictures of it, ok show it is NOT real. What you can't? What it has proven so many times that even the great Fox News dropped it?

guilty until proven innocent would BE having to prove a negative.....you would have to prove you didn't do it.....proving the affirmative means that the one doing the accusing must prove the accusation......hence, OUR system of innocent until PROVEN guilty......

Pictures can be doctored......

That does not say the State and the Church are one, that says we have the freedom to worship in our own way. You are inferring the free exercise means anywhere. If they were reading from the Book of Mormon would you be ok with that? The typical right wing answer to anything is to say "you liberal" but what you really want is things EXACTLY your way and when they are not you cry foul.

The principal is not saying in order to do/be one must go to or be affiliated with any religious organization, so nothing has been violated.

What happens when the "Bible" reading disagrees with your personal religious beliefs?

He is only reading the scripture, not interpreting it for the students or whoever is listening. What is done with that scripture or reading is up to the individual themselves. Or even to listen for that matter.

During the course of any school day, students are forced to not only read textbooks, but to write essays on what they have read. They are forced to study history and other religions around the world, but yet if one teacher, principal or any other school administrator mentions Christianity, lawsuits start flying all over.

When I was in school (long time ago), we could not only bring Bibles to school to read, but we could talk about it in class. Those were the good old days!