Todd Elliott leaving Linden-Kildare to become Asst. Coach at Texas High...

Smoaky

Could be but I doubt it, he is smarter than that, he has enough connections in this area still so that he knew exactly what they have coming. Of course that is just a 100% guess on my part, but nobody ever called Coach King dumb, I am betting he did his due diligence before even applying for the job. No, I am guessing, he got made some promises and when it came time to cut the cabbage the Sup came back with one of those "oh by the way" speeches and he was back on Lake Conroe before the door closed in LK.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just from my sources I am hearing that the athletic budget was reduced. He could only have 7 coaches on staff. IF, and that's a big if, that is true-that would be tough on an AD coming into the system this late in the year. It would be tough on any AD honestly. But again, I am only saying what I heard from my sources, not 100% sure that is the truth.

I have heard that he was informed that he could not bring anyone with him. If the budget for athletics was cut this makes sense as most districts have already given contracts to teachers/coaches for next year. It would be tough to come in and not to bring at least 1 coordinator.

I have heard that he was informed that he could not bring anyone with him. If the budget for athletics was cut this makes sense as most districts have already given contracts to teachers/coaches for next year. It would be tough to come in and not to bring at least 1 coordinator.

Are the applicants not informed of these things in the interview process? The interview should be just as much the applicant asking questions as the committee asking the applicant questions! I don't rationalize why these things are told/asked at the last minute!

I heard they hired Schultz.

Don't even talk like that,I hope even our school can't mess up that bad.The 2 bright spots we have are Gibson and Schultz,I don't wanna go back to the days of old.I can tell you if he leaves there will be some questions to be answered!!!