Gilmer 7 on 7 Tournament

RblJ10

Azalea Orthopedic 7 on 7 tournament at Gilmer has been rescheduled for May 9th. We are taking the first 8 teams for the current 7th grade, 8th grade and JV divisions. We are taking the first 16 teams for the varsity division. Our Division 2 SQT is still scheduled for June 13. Please contact Rebel Jackson 903-424-2118 if you are interested.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you spell REVENGE?

It's ok whoever wins. Waskom is just happy to get the experience of competition against a great program. Both teams brought home state championships to east texas. Waskom will be a little down this year but still not too bad.

It's ok whoever wins. Waskom is just happy to get the experience of competition against a great program. Both teams brought home state championships to east texas. Waskom will be a little down this year but still not too bad.

Yep...we are loosing some special players but the program keeps on pumping them out...

We are still looking for Varsity teams for our May 9th tournament. Our SQT in June is full. We also need 1 more JV team as well. Contact Rebel Jackson 903-424-2118

Varsity teams entered so far: Sulphur Springs, Lindale, Longview, TK Gorman, Waskom, Winona, Grace & Gilmer.

This is indeed and irony. Heard the only reason Waskom beat them last year is that the boys ate too much breakfast and got sleepy :rolleyes:

No excuses here. They beat us fair and square, and handily I might add. They did eat lunch right before their game in the heat, but that doesn't excuse their poor performance. I think they learned their lesson, because the Wildcats schooled 'em in that matchup. I think it helped both team go on to win a state championship in real football.

No excuses here. They beat us fair and square, and handily I might add. They did eat lunch right before their game in the heat, but that doesn't excuse their poor performance. I think they learned their lesson, because the Wildcats schooled 'em in that matchup. I think it helped both team go on to win a state championship in real football.

Proud of both programs. Have a close friend at work whose sons played baseball over at Gilmer. Watched them last week at a track meet. Waskom kept close, but Gilmer had more across the board. Sprint relays was a very fun matchup. I am expecting Waskom 7 on 7 to be good again this year, albeit in a different fashion. Should be fun!

'This is indeed and irony. Heard the only reason Waskom beat them last year is that the boys ate too much breakfast and got sleepy :rolleyes:

Yep...lunch not breakfast...the Bux got a gift from Waskom...put 'em in their place & showed that a 3A could hand 'em a "L"...they did very well the rest of the season...THANK YOU

This is indeed and irony. Heard the only reason Waskom beat them last year is that the boys ate too much ------ LUNCH and got sleepy :rolleyes:

I stand corrected Mr. Bob. Loss lessons are bittersweet. Waskom had to have theirs last year with the pads on in a real game. But as the old saying goes, "not how you start, but how you finish." Appears both programs knew how to finish last year. We can all agree on that one I am certain. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Still looking for a few varsity teams to fill the brackets. Hallsville, L-E & Daingerfield have been added. Contact Rebel Jackson 903-424-2118. Again, price is $250.00 for the first team entered, and $200.00 for each additional team. Lineman's challenge is $15.00 each.

• 2 weeks later...