Gilmer 7 on 7 Tournament

RblJ10

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and to the person who was complaining about how the Gilmer coaches / officials were saying they would run it how they saw fit, I suggest you host a 7-7 and see just how easy it is before you get critical. Someone always gets stuck playing an extra game or two back to back. I am pretty sure it was not some grand conspiracy against Waskom. Gilmer has just a LITTLE more class than that.

Oh and to the person who was complaining about how the Gilmer coaches / officials were saying they would run it how they saw fit, I suggest you host a 7-7 and see just how easy it is before you get critical. Someone always gets stuck playing an extra game or two back to back. I am pretty sure it was not some grand conspiracy against Waskom. Gilmer has just a LITTLE more class than that.

Ya'll had a great tournament Billy, Gilmer has always been gracious to us.

I was staring what I was told by the coach. The only complaint I had was a ref coaching. I have been envolved in every 7 on 7 tournament Waskom has been to including the ones we have put on. I also was one of the coaches at the state tournament last year so I do know the rules. I was not saying anything about how the games fell out. That is just how that goes. I was only talking about coaching and refing at the same time. That is not right no matter how you look at it. Class?????

+1. Just glad someone will host a good one. Thank you!

The Coaches Ref because they VOLUNTEER their time trying to help out everyone's kids. Nobody can afford real live TASO football officials and other than the State Tournament I do not know anyone that has official officials. If having Gilmer Coaches officiate your 7-7 games bothers you I suggest that YOU host a tournament and then YOU can hire TASO officials. I have had Gilmer Coaches officiate games against my school and I thought they did a great job. And even if they did make a bad call, WHO CARES? It is freaking 7-7. If you think they somehow have an agenda against anyone especially Waskom then you are sadly mistaken. It is really bad form to be critical of how other people do things especially at their place.

This is my final word on the subject.

The Coaches Ref because they VOLUNTEER their time trying to help out everyone's kids. Nobody can afford real live TASO football officials and other than the State Tournament I do not know anyone that has official officials. If having Gilmer Coaches officiate your 7-7 games bothers you I suggest that YOU host a tournament and then YOU can hire TASO officials. I have had Gilmer Coaches officiate games against my school and I thought they did a great job. And even if they did make a bad call, WHO CARES? It is freaking 7-7. If you think they somehow have an agenda against anyone especially Waskom then you are sadly mistaken. It is really bad form to be critical of how other people do things especially at their

This is my final word on the subject.

If you think it is ok to go against rules than I guess that is your opinion. Never said I thought they made a bad call. You are a miserable person I guess. What did I say that made you think Gilmer has an agenda against Waskom. This needs to be the last thing you say on this subject because you are coming off pretty badly. It is against the rules for the high school coaches to coach 7 on 7. That was an arrogant statement made by a coach breaking the rules. All I am saying and you might need to actually read a post before you respond.

Guest Onmyway

If you think it is ok to go against rules than I guess that is your opinion. Never said I thought they made a bad call. You are a miserable person I guess. What did I say that made you think Gilmer has an agenda against Waskom. This needs to be the last thing you say on this subject because you are coming off pretty badly. It is against the rules for the high school coaches to coach 7 on 7. That was an arrogant statement made by a coach breaking the rules. All I am saying and you might need to actually read a post before you respond.

if it's against the rules for coaches to coach then why was your defense Cordinator coaching your waskom Wildcats?

I was staring what I was told by the coach. The only complaint I had was a ref coaching. I have been envolved in every 7 on 7 tournament Waskom has been to including the ones we have put on. I also was one of the coaches at the state tournament last year so I do know the rules. I was not saying anything about how the games fell out. That is just how that goes. I was only talking about coaching and refing at the same time. That is not right no matter how you look at it. Class?????

This was not a SQT...refs are the coaches & the rules are specified at the start with the Coaches Meeting...SQT rules are the State Rules...I do not know why we don't play with State Rules every game

Gilmer won two games against Hallsville yesterday.

Really impressed with Hallsville's new school and turf practice field.

I was told that the field, snack bar, everything on the north side was donated by a Hallsville construction company owner...sweet

I figure the parking lot cost as much as the Gilmer failed bond election

if it's against the rules for coaches to coach then why was your defense Cordinator coaching your waskom Wildcats?

Why does UIL say the Head Coach must be there but sit in the End Zone...if anyone wants a Rule Guru, call dirtybird in Tatum...he will set you straight.

Gilmer hosts TWO 7on7 tournaments a year, one that is just to get 7,8,jv & vars some extra practice & then one that is a State Qualifier.

1. Gilmer Coaches have officiated the Azalea Tournament EVERY year.. nothing has changed.

2. The first tournament is used for extra practice before the state tournament, so if the coaches want to coach, who cares! Also.. the rules are explained EVERY year before the games start and to my knowledge, no coach has sent their teams hope because they didn't like them.

3. The State Qualifier at Gilmer has the appropriate officials and the qualifying rules are followed.

4. If you don't like the way things are done in Gilmer, quit coming back every year! From what I hear there is always a wait list for the Azalea Tournament so it won't hurt anyones feelings.

5. There is a way to do things that is appropriate. If there are concerns or ways to make something better, have your COACH email Gilmer's 7on7 coach. Don't make assumptions or be critical on a public forum.

And last but not least, 7 on 7 is supposed to be a way for kids to get better throughout the summer. Let your kids have fun with it and save the complaining till August. I like many East Texas Schools, and guess what.. 7on7 is in no way a reflection of how your kids will play in August! I'm not sure when any of them have gone on to win the state 7on7 tournament.

Gilmer hosts TWO 7on7 tournaments a year, one that is just to get 7,8,jv & vars some extra practice & then one that is a State Qualifier.

1. Gilmer Coaches have officiated the Azalea Tournament EVERY year.. nothing has changed.

2. The first tournament is used for extra practice before the state tournament, so if the coaches want to coach, who cares! Also.. the rules are explained EVERY year before the games start and to my knowledge, no coach has sent their teams hope because they didn't like them.

3. The State Qualifier at Gilmer has the appropriate officials and the qualifying rules are followed.

4. If you don't like the way things are done in Gilmer, quit coming back every year! From what I hear there is always a wait list for the Azalea Tournament so it won't hurt anyones feelings.

5. There is a way to do things that is appropriate. If there are concerns or ways to make something better, have your COACH email Gilmer's 7on7 coach. Don't make assumptions or be critical on a public forum.

And last but not least, 7 on 7 is supposed to be a way for kids to get better throughout the summer. Let your kids have fun with it and save the complaining till August. I like many East Texas Schools, and guess what.. 7on7 is in no way a reflection of how your kids will play in August! I'm not sure when any of them have gone on to win the state 7on7 tournament.

Ditto!

And last but not least, 7 on 7 is supposed to be a way for kids to get better throughout the summer. Let your kids have fun with it and save the complaining till August. I like many East Texas Schools, and guess what.. 7on7 is in no way a reflection of how your kids will play in August! I'mce

not sure when any of them have gone on to win the state 7on7 tournament.

mmmmmmm...last year, the final was Gilmer & Waskom...hard fought & both got the SC Rings...just coincidence

This year, Gilmer & Liberty Eylau...Week 1 in August will tell