4A Reg 2 Playoff predictions

futfan

Boys side:

I see Kilgore over Paris, facing Pittsburg, winner over Princeton. Kilgore advances to State Tournament.

After their success last year, they should be fine in the lower enrollment 4A.

Girls side:

I see Mabank over Princeton, facing Pleasant Grove, winner over Paris.

I would love to se our Lady Hawks advance to The tournament, so, I will pick them as my Homer Choice.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boys side:

I see Kilgore over Paris, facing Pittsburg, winner over Princeton. Kilgore advances to State Tournament.

Girls side:

I would love to se our Lady Hawks advance to The tournament, so, I will pick them as my Homer Choice.

I can absolutely agree with you futfan with Kilgore boys making it to the state tournament. And now they actually get to play against schools in their classification. Looking at the team's that they could play against I really can't see a team that could stop them. I believe Kilgore will finally get that state title in soccer! But that's just my opinion they know what it takes to win a big gm the only negative I can see for Kilgore is that they never got tested in District with the team's they played. But if Kilgore can stay healthy they should be the favorite to win it this yr.

Boys side:

Girls side:

After years of advancement to the regional tournament being just a pipe dream, it's kinda strange to think that your school (Paris) might have two teams in the hunt. Last year's Paris boys would have been a legitimate state contender. This year's has offensive deficiencies which make them a darkhorse at best. The Paris girls are extremely young (just 2 seniors). They're probably a year or two away from a shot at state.

On the boys side I think on the top of the bracket it will be Kilgore over Kaufman, and the bottom of the bracket Ferris over Henderson. Kilgore advances to state.

On the girls side I think on the top of the bracket it will be Mabank over Princeton, and the bottom of the bracket Crandall over Athens. Mabank advances to state.

On the boys side I think on the top of the bracket it will be Kilgore over Kaufman, and the bottom of the bracket Ferris over Henderson. Kilgore advances to state.

On the girls side I think on the top of the bracket it will be Mabank over Princeton, and the bottom of the bracket Crandall over Athens. Mabank advances to state.

Crandall girls already beat Mabank earlier this year 4-0

It's going to be an interesting 2 weeks. Region 2 title, both boys & girls, is there to be had for whatever team can get on a hot streak.

All 4 Paris teams will be playing in doubleheaders at Greenville:

• Thursday: Paris girls vs. Crandall 6 pm; Paris boys vs. Kaufman 7:30 pm
  • Friday: North Lamar girls vs. Ferris 6 pm; NL boys vs. Wilmer Hutchins 8 pm

It will be interesting to see how PG girls perform. They have an awesome record against suspect competition. Concern I have is whether are they battle tested. Wish they could have played Texas High. Win or lose, the competition would have helped them prepare for the playoffs. Not all their fault when UIL puts you in a two team district and you are prohibited favorites to win. I think win a stronger schedule they could have challenged for the Regional crown.

Quick exit for the Paris teams.

As previously cited, Crandall girls won, 1-0, with a goal just 18 seconds into second half. Crandall definitely the stronger and bigger team, and on a night ruled by a strong south wind, that made a big difference. Paris is very young and could be a force in a couple of years if they stay together.

Kaufman boys beat Paris 3-2. Kaufman won on PK with 4 minutes left after apparent go-ahead goal by Paris with 28 minutes left was negated by offsides call. These teams were evenly matched. Paris defense has been the backbone of the team all season, but they picked a bad time to have an off-night. Kaufman scored its first goal on a 65-yard free kick, an indicator how big a factor the wind played.