Game of Thrones (spoilers/theories)

Coach Rab

I want a Bronn and Jamie spin-off... two guys wandering the Westeros countryside, needling each other and getting into adventures. The occasional Peter Dinklage cameo. Ratings gold!

The adventures of Varys and Tyrion....

• Like 1

A sarcastic dwarf and a conniving eunuch, set in a medieval land of magic and dragons... it's like printing your own money.

A nice drama would be Sansa and Arya... Rated NC... *if there is a chance of Sansa getting naked... just imagine the new subscribers*

Or an action flick: "The Freefolk"- Orgies, meat buffets, killing, hunting, etc etc etc...

• Like 1

I hate to be a snob, but it is so clear where GRRM's writing ends, and the show runners begins.

Yeah. I always listen to the talk from the producers at the end of each episode to see where they are coming from... but where they come from is always "the good guy's" perspective. The thing that hooked me on the storyline of this show was the unpredictability of the show. The rape, the incest, the child sex... all of that was disgusting, but always lead you to further understand a character. Now it is like we have a vanilla plot where we know what is going to happen...

They will unite the 7 kingdoms to fight the dead. Somehow Cercei will die, Snow and Targ will fall in love and miraculously make dragon babies (even though she can never have kids), etc etc etc etc...

Don't get me wrong, the show is still good to watch, but it has gone from wildly unpredictable to highly predictable.

• Like 2

I agree but, to be fair, they're TV guys who are trying to wrap up a literary project. It's sorta like if Tolkien had stalled after writing The Two Towers and then Norman Lear had to come in and finish it for him. :lol:

But yeah, totally agree... it used to be far more chaotic and dark, but you can tell they're setting up an ultimate fanservice happy ending.

• Like 1

I agree but, to be fair, they're TV guys who are trying to wrap up a literary project. It's sorta like if Tolkien had stalled after writing The Two Towers and then Norman Lear had to come in and finish it for him. :lol:

But yeah, totally agree... it used to be far more chaotic and dark, but you can tell they're setting up an ultimate fanservice happy ending.

I am just ready for Westworld to come back now... S1 was epic and I can't wait to see how they follow that up.

• Like 1

I am just ready for Westworld to come back now... S1 was epic and I can't wait to see how they follow that up.

Hmm, I need to check it out... I liked the first two episodes but bailed on it... I don't remember why...

With how the new Twin Peaks has been disappointing me, I need something to fill that weird sci-fi niche in my tv viewing.

Hmm, I need to check it out... I liked the first two episodes but bailed on it... I don't remember why...

With how the new Twin Peaks has been disappointing me, I need something to fill that weird sci-fi niche in my tv viewing.

You won't regret it, I promise. I love the edgy feel to HBO series, but this one is well written and well played and has some dark spots to it that leave you guessing.

• Like 1

cBGJQeD.gif

"Boy I tell you, the Night King is special. Look how he sets his feet to throw (draws circle around Night King) and he just slings that out there. That's a good five hundred yards to his target (rewinds, draws circle around ball and path of ball to dragon)
Now... let's watch it again. Viserion is here (draws circle around Viserion) and he's going to turn inward (draws line in direction of Viserion) and the Night King, showing excellent poise, throws a dime hitting his intended receiver.
Now... Viserion gets hit hard here and he stumbles and finally crashes, but before he does fumbles it (Rewinds and fast fowards Viserion's descent several times and then draws a circle around where the ball comes out) But the North catches that ball for the touchdown. Boom!
I tell you, you know who else does that kind of stuff? Brett Favre. I tell you, that play reminded me so much of Brett Favre and his creativity. How he gets the ball out and makes seemingly impossible throws. If this guy can play like Brett Favre, he'll have a bright future in this league."
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...