Game of Thrones (spoilers/theories)

Coach Rab

Have you read the books???

They do a synopsis/review of the show every day on the Blitz here in Houston, and Fred Faour has read all the books. He has said that the new episodes are going to go beyond the books. He has also pointed out the differences between the books and the series, but has stated that it hasn't derived that much from the books.

I haven't read the books because from what I heard it was similar to the "Dragonriders of Pern" by Anne McCaffrey that I read only two books of in the late 80's. Those books seemed to drag (I guess pun intended) for several chapters, and why I haven't read the "Game of Thrones" books. Are they worth reading or do they tend to drag along as well ?

Read them......the only thing that drags is Martin's deadline for another release.....

I felt the same way about the Harry Potter Series... I read them when the 4th was released... 5th was soon after, 6th, wasn't so bad, but the final book I think took 3+ years?

He won't be on this season, they passed where he is in the books last season. They are letting everyone else catch up. He will be back next season though, heard through casting rumors he will be having a very important dream I'm pretty pumped about seeing.

Jon Snow may still be alive at the end of the last book (barely) but I wouldn't call it well lol. And the battle I am referring to Colmes is in the north...they way north and Jon isn't there in the books, he sent other Crows.

SPOILER ALERT........

My bad.....I thought you were talking about Stannis' upcoming battle........

Well episode 8 was a great slaughter... But is John Snow's sword made of obsidian or something else? And if they had to get to the free folk by water, how the hell did he get to them by land the first time?

I like where they went with this episode, I had a feeling this would be the major battle this season when he went with Tormun. People don't realize just how much of the shows budget has to go into CGI for the White Walkers, Whites, Dragons, Direwolves etc. Its the main reason you rarely see them on the show. These guys get less money than most major Hollywood movies get but they only fill 2 hours of content, these guys have to spread it out over 10 hour long episodes. Pretty incredible really.

Crazy episode... Child rape, Dragon fight/flight, sacrificing children, nothing on Serci, The queen, or Sansar either. This one basically stayed in the desert.... Are they sticking with the 10 episode season this year too?