Game of Thrones (spoilers/theories)

Coach Rab

Looks like its not gonna happen...Kit Harrington has said he will not be back for next season. Hope it isn't the same in the books. This is uncharted territory in the books Mav, we aren't sure if Jon is dead in the books.

He is lying through his teeth. He is a lying liar.

He already said he has accepted it. He was planning book 6 to be out before season 6 but that is skeptical at best now. Good news thought, Kit Harrington has been spotted several times in Belfast, where the filming for the Wall takes place, and no haircut. Jon Snow might be "dead" but Melisandre is still high on kings' blood. Also, there is all but a confirmation from show writers, Tower of Joy will be in season 6. Jon Snow might not be in season 6 but Jon Targaryen is.

I'm expecting him to come back from the dead. Too much foreshadowing from previous episodes and he certainly has to be the overall most popular character. He's not gone yet. I'ts been my theory for quite some time that he will end up on the throne.

I'm expecting him to come back from the dead. Too much foreshadowing from previous episodes and he certainly has to be the overall most popular character. He's not gone yet. I'ts been my theory for quite some time that he will end up on the throne.

I agree there is no way he dies until at least the last season. Him and his aunt Dany are the top two candidates. GRRM said the ending will be bittersweet, so i suspect someone dies - Dany, Jon, or other possible secret Targaryen, Tyrion, fighting the white walkers. A popular theory is that Jon becomes Cold Hands from the books or the next Night King - the head of the White Walkers and the 6th Lord Commander of the Nights Watch and rules justly unlike the guy now.

I agree there is no way he dies until at least the last season. Him and his aunt Dany are the top two candidates. GRRM said the ending will be bittersweet, so i suspect someone dies - Dany, Jon, or other possible secret Targaryen, Tyrion, fighting the white walkers. A popular theory is that Jon becomes Cold Hands from the books or the next Night King - the head of the White Walkers and the 6th Lord Commander of the Nights Watch and rules justly unlike the guy now.

Dany should rule topless. Although I'm a fan of Margeary too. Sansa is going to find a way to get her own crown somehow... I'm waiting on her to become more cold towards everyone and going crazy on someone soon.

Hodor will rule the 7 kingdoms in the end, take it to the bank.

But in all seriousness I am with you that Jon isn't done in our story. I know people say Ned was built up big in the first book/season also and he died, but there is way more there and too much unanswered with Jon. The show runners guessing correctly who Jon's mother was is the reason he allowed them to do the show so she is a known character or at least known to readers. Ned told him in the first season that he may not be his son in name but that he was his blood, and I'm sorry Ned is too much of a robot for me to believe he cheated on Caitlyn during the war.

The last scene of the episode with the stare down between John and the White Walker leader clearly was foreshadowing for an eventual showdown between John and the dead army. There's just no way he is done. Don't know what's in the books as I haven't read them. Hopefully no one puts any unexpected spoilers in this thread. I will be #### if they do

The last scene of the episode with the stare down between John and the White Walker leader clearly was foreshadowing for an eventual showdown between John and the dead army. There's just no way he is done. Don't know what's in the books as I haven't read them. Hopefully no one puts any unexpected spoilers in this thread. I will be #### if they do

We don't really do spoilers as much as we do theory.

Hodor will rule the 7 kingdoms in the end, take it to the bank.

But in all seriousness I am with you that Jon isn't done in our story. I know people say Ned was built up big in the first book/season also and he died, but there is way more there and too much unanswered with Jon. The show runners guessing correctly who Jon's mother was is the reason he allowed them to do the show so she is a known character or at least known to readers. Ned told him in the first season that he may not be his son in name but that he was his blood, and I'm sorry Ned is too much of a robot for me to believe he cheated on Caitlyn during the war.

In the first book, there is even more heavy references and flashbacks to the Tower of Joy, where Lyanna died and supposedly had Jon. With that event probably happening in the next season either through flashback, eg. Cercei last year, or through Bran, the show runners are just trying to increase the impact that "Jon is dead" before they bring him back. Also, they all worded their answers tightly - "Jon is dead. Dead is dead." Well if you look back at season 3 with Beric Dondarrion and the red priest warrior - Beric was "dead." The red priest warrior told Mel that he could not bring Beric back from the death until he was at his lowest moment with Rh'ollar. I think Mel is at that point - her boy Stannis just died, even after sacrificing his 10 yo daughter. I think when she saw the Bolton's banners burning, that will happen, she just didn't notice that the leader had long hair and not male patterned baldness.

Furthermore, Mel respects Jon as seen with the episodes in this previous season with the intense eye contact and offer to procreate - something she only does with people she views as extremely powerful and/or has King's Blood, e.g. Stannis or Gendry . Jon is "dead" but that does not mean he will stay "dead." I think Mel says her prayer to Jon. The nights watch does their funeral ceremony like all dead members of the watch. Only Jon's body does not burn and he awakes alive - similar to Dany in season 1 - thus proving who his parents are and that he is alive as Azor.

In the first book, there is even more heavy references and flashbacks to the Tower of Joy, where Lyanna died and supposedly had Jon. With that event probably happening in the next season either through flashback, eg. Cercei last year, or through Bran, the show runners are just trying to increase the impact that "Jon is dead" before they bring him back. Also, they all worded their answers tightly - "Jon is dead. Dead is dead." Well if you look back at season 3 with Beric Dondarrion and the red priest warrior - Beric was "dead." The red priest warrior told Mel that he could not bring Beric back from the death until he was at his lowest moment with Rh'ollar. I think Mel is at that point - her boy Stannis just died, even after sacrificing his 10 yo daughter. I think when she saw the Bolton's banners burning, that will happen, she just didn't notice that the leader had long hair and not male patterned baldness.

Furthermore, Mel has intense respect for Jon as seen with the episodes in this previous season with the intense eye contact and offer to procreate - something she only does with people she views as extremely powerful or has King's Blood, e.g. Stannis or Gendry . Jon is "dead" but that does not mean he will stay "dead." I think Mel says her prayer to Jon. The nights watch does their funeral ceremony like all dead members of the watch. Only Jon's body does not burn and he awakes alive - similar to Dany in season 1 - thus proving who his parents are and that he is alive as Azor.

Interesting take. I'd watch that

That's what I thought would happen before I saw the show saying that he was for sure dead...Who knows, I would love for Jon to be Azor Ahi but we will just have to wait. I think the book and show may end up splitting off from each other now quite a bit. The show runners have been told by GRRM where everyone ends up in the end, he just isn't finished mapping out their course there.

That's what I thought would happen before I saw the show saying that he was for sure dead...Who knows, I would love for Jon to be Azor Ahi but we will just have to wait. I think the book and show may end up splitting off from each other now quite a bit. The show runners have been told by GRRM where everyone ends up in the end, he just isn't finished mapping out their course there.

https://youtu.be/O3o2LqFZcGU

Really interesting video on Azor Ahai. It's long but worth a watch.

• 2 weeks later...

There are major spoilers out today about the upcoming season. I will leave it at that so that not to give anything away, but if you actively seek out spoilers like I do, you can see for yourself at WatchersontheWall.com

The link won't take you directly to it. But you should find it, there are plenty of spoiler warnings on the site as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw where Kit finally admitted he will be on the show for a few more years to come.

POSSIBLE SPOILER!!!

I think the show runners message that Jon Snow is dead was not a lie. I think Jon is dead and Azor Ahi will rise when Melisandre resurrects him.

• 2 weeks later...

More pics coming out with Kit Harrington wearing different armor and filming battle scenes with Melisandre...but the show runners are still trying to insist he is dead. Just say there will be surprises this season and be done with it, with our paparazzi culture you can't keep stull like this secret anymore without filming inside a dome with closed access.

• 2 months later...

Well I would argue Emilia Clarke and Peter Dinklage have a large loyal following also, but yea Kit became the reason I watched the show in Season 4, just to see what happened at the wall, Danerys has been sitting still too much the last two seasons until of course the finale last year.