Game of Thrones (spoilers/theories)

Coach Rab

Random thoughts on the passing scene(s)...

oqtOVzf.gif

One of the most intriguing/frustrating things about this series is how they'll interweave tedious, time-consuming scenes with white-knuckle OMG moments. It's like, "Holy geez, Uncle Benjen is alive! And, like, some sorta good-guy zombie avenger with Batphone access to the Three-Eyed Raven! Erm, okay, well enough about that awesomely amazing plot twist... now let's sit through the most awkward dysfunctional family dinner ever."

Ugh. Yeah. I get it. Randyll Tarly hates his fat pathetic son, blah blah blah, and he's racist against Wildlings. Whatever. Do we really need a 15-minute medieval Archie Bunker scene rehashing all that, just to set up the Valyrian sword swipe? Obviously that sword is gonna have something to do with the endgame of the series (Valyrian steel + White Walkers = snowcones), but I dunno... it just seems like a lot of time was wasted there. I'm gonna be peeved if later on Sam dies some sorta stupid inconsequential death after chewing up this much screentime.

Again, that play-within-a-play could've been half as long. Especially since they're rehashing plot points known by even casual viewers + non book readers. Sure, as fun as it was to see "Joffrey" die again (and Arya's gleeful giggles were totes adorbs), I feel like we could've cut right to the chase of the backstage poison plot, then moved right on to the Waif vs. Arya confrontation. BTW, looks like I totally called homegirl dropping out of Man E. Faces Community College. Like I said... there's no way she's gone through all this just to be a nobody in a hitman cult.

Next... the religious faceoff is probably one of the most brilliantly executed scenes this season. Yeah yeah, the Hold The Door = Hodor is gonna be the most visceral and tragi-memorable, but the tension between the High Sparrow, the Tyrells, Jamie, and the simmering crowd was gorgeous. Jonathan Pryce is a freakin' genius, man. He held the tension for just long enough. Even started to go, "Oh shucks, looks like ya got me." You just knew things were about to collapse into an "UNLEASH THE HOUNDS" bloodbath... but then he plays a devastating Ace card and totally wins the hand. Y'know, thus far the High Sparrow has annoyed me with his quasi-mystic so-humble-I-must-be-righteous vibe. I was certain he was gonna overplay his hand at some point and (through a bloody civil war that the peasants cannot possibly win) be a conduit for Cersei's return to the top, but with that scene he's evoked an Oliver Cromwell meets Francis Walsingham sorta power behind the throne role vibe. It also shows that he is no mere peasant that just kinda sorta has appeal with the masses. He is a legit threat, and dashed clever. What's more, I suspect this turnabout will be understood (in hindsight) as the moment the Lannisters lost the game of thrones once and for all.

Ah... this is interesting... looks like Walder Frey is back on the front-burner again. Hmm... and, yessss, it looks like Jamie and Brienne just so happen to be bound for Riverrun... What's that? Did someone mention the Brotherhood Without Banners? Verrrrry interesting... y'know, I can't think of a more opportune time for a certain book-spoilery Lady to make her presence felt. Hmmm...

Oh yeah, about Bran's warging vision (which I watched in super slo-mo on YouTube). It looks like, upon his death, Bran downloaded "History of the World, vol. 1" from the Three-Eyed Raven. So, that means he knows everything. Alright... dude knows everything, can enter other people's minds, and can change the past. Who needs Valyrian swords and dragons (or working legs, for that matter?), that's game over right there.

Speaking of dragons... Ok, seeing the dragon swoop in like the Millenium Falcon was cool, but the vibe was killed by another wannabe Braveheart speech by Daenerys. Yawn. Yeah yeah, we're all gonna kick butt for you, because leather armor on horseback is mighty effective in siege warfare. Yep. Face it chick, the only thing you got going for you is three dragons. Which, if Bran can control people/places/things, is rendered totally moot. Her character seems to be going in circles, both developmentally and literally. This better start paying off, and soon. Her posturing as saviour/conqueror of the world is getting really old.

But the most encouraging thing I'm seeing is that it looks like all the gamepieces are set, y'know? Participants in The Final Battle are filling in the blanks. Prior to this season, I wasn't sure how much longer I could keep following along. But now, the sides are clearer, the teams are starting to gel, and you know who's gonna be fighting who, and for what. You also have a better sense of why.

I dunno what GRRM has planned to wrap all this up (is he writing two more books, or just one?) but I really like how the showrunners are starting to tighten things up. Sort the wheat and the chaff. Clear away the lesser houses/characters and set the stage for the grand finale. Martin may want to just do a novelization and then die in peace.

Welp, that's all the time I have on my lunchbreak. Holla at y'all. mskLLWK.gif

• Like 2

Two more books, "Winds of Winter", and "A Dream of Spring". I too am sick of Daenerys and am ready for her to do something or die off.

Really? Those are the titles? Homeboy has totally tipped his hand.

"Winter slumbering in the open air, wears on his smiling face a dream of Spring." Dude! Anyone who's taken English Lit 101 knows that's from a poem by Samuel Taylor Coleridge.
George R. R. Martin needs to get off his keister and end it already. What's the holdup? Look, this is easy. Winds of Winter is the "Final Battle" book that ends with the entire Seven Kingdoms killing each other in an apocalyptic Mexican standoff, right before it's destroyed in some sorta cataclysmic natural disaster that basically rips the planet apart. Then A Dream of Spring is an epilogue where life returns in a kind of mutated form, gradually evolving into a sort of Children of the Forest + Andal hybrid person. Which, in turn, become the first human... the plot twist being Westeros/Essos was really Earth the whole time! And these stories are really the pre-Adam/Eve origin story of our planet.

Boom.

• Like 1

If you read some of his older sci-fi stuff his writing style hasn't changed a whole lot. You can see how some species of aliens represent some houses in Westeros. If you ever have a chance man watch some of Preston Jacobs videos on youtube. He gets some things wrong but he has also guessed a lot of things right.

• Like 1

As for the titles I wouldn't be so sure about GRRM tipping his hand too much, he loves to mess with people. Winds of Winter may be when their backs are up against the wall but then in A Dream of Spring will be when Dany shows up with her army of dragons, unicorns, centaurs, and mermaids. She marries John and they have a baby with wings and a halo that swings a sword of rainbows. The Children come out at the last moment and sing Aquarius whilst dancing and celebrate for centuries.

• Like 1

As for the titles I wouldn't be so sure about GRRM tipping his hand too much, he loves to mess with people. Winds of Winter may be when their backs are up against the wall but then in A Dream of Spring will be when Dany shows up with her army of dragons, unicorns, centaurs, and mermaids. She marries John and they have a baby with wings and a halo that swings a sword of rainbows. The Children come out at the last moment and sing Aquarius whilst dancing and celebrate for centuries.

Yes... YES. This HAS to be the way it ends. So let it be written, so let it be DONE! :lol:

• Like 1

Damn, I always thought Ariya and Ramsey would hook up and make a cannibaby and John and Dany would make a dragon baby, then the dragon baby and cannibaby would hook it and have babies that would fly around and eat the rest of the human race. While the crippled kid all watched it on his YouTube that he streams in his own personal treehouse....

• Like 2

To: [email protected]
RE: book endings

Hey Georgie boy, I've got a coupla ace ghostwriters who can wrap up these books for you ASAP. For a nominal finder's fee I'll hook you up.

EDIT: Hey Mav, I tweaked the title to include "spoilers" in case some noob comes wandering in here not sure what they're gonna get.

• Like 1

Welp, just when it seems like we're starting to get a sense of rhythm about what's happening and what's coming (Winter obviously), the writers seem to go out of the way to $% things up. Sure, the pieces continue to be set. War is brewing in the north, something's rotten in King's Landing, while an army of frozen zombies heads south while fire-breathing dragons prepare to cross the Narrow Sea. But this episode gets a big "Ugh!" from me because several plot lines seem utterly inconsistent with what's led up to this point.

However, in strange times like this, it's good to take solace in a simple truth: Ian McShane is a glorious creature to behold.

giphy.gif

As far as my sexual orientation in concerned, I'm not attracted to men. But I really don't mind watching this guy talk. I swear, he could give a detailed analysis of foreign and domestic tax codes, and I'd be riveted. A shame we won't be seeing more of him.

So this week we get a cold opening. (Cold opening: when the show starts before the credits.) Which is rare for Game of Thrones, and thus significant. The pastoral landscape threw me off, and I was wondering if it was some sorta warging flashback... a peek at the idyllic world of the Children before the First Men... then I see Handsome Preacher Man, some peasant folk building... uh... a watchtower? A castle? A church? Uh... dunno. But then, who's that big dude? ZOMG!!!!11 IT'S THE HOUND! My wife actually pumped her fists and said "YASSS!!!" like it was a game-winning Hail Mary.

Unfortunately the episode peaked early. :/

What followed is arguably the most profound theological discussion in the series thus far. Man, I tell ya... this rough-hewn shepherd speaks to some of my own religious reservations, though I certainly reach far different conclusions.

"I don't know much about the gods... Oh, there's plenty of pious blankety-blanks who think they know the word of god, or gods. I don't. I don't even know their real names. Maybe it is the Seven. Or maybe it's the old gods. Or maybe it's the Lord of Light. Or maybe they're all the same dadgum thing. I don't know. What matters, I believe, is that there's something greater than us..."

And later...

"It's not about waiting for the gods to answer your prayers. It's not even about the gods. It's about you. Learning you have to answer your prayers yourself."

That'll preach... Dang, I really want to have an ale with this guy and debate the old gods and the new. Either way, he seems to put Clegane in his place, without seeming like a self-righteous dork about it. (I'm talking to you, Pope Sparrow I)

Speaking of... ermahgerd, his conversation with Margery felt sooooo fake. For both of them. It was like watching two people lie to each other, and both of them unable to accuse the other of lying without revealing their own lie. Awkward, and yet ominous. Brotha Birdman knows Mags is full of it, and he knows she knows he's full of it, and he knows she knows he knows. But they are playing their roles, trying to trip the other one up. He uses the fact that she's pretty much slept her way to the top + is devoted to/dependent upon her family, in order to force her next move. Yeah, he's better at this game than she is. I love his line, "Congress does not require desire on a woman’s part, only patience." Preach it brother. Pretty much same thing I tell Mrs. Matthias every night.

giphy.gif

Margery tries to wink-wink nudge-nudge Memaw Olenna out of King's Landing, finally resorting to slip her a secret note: the family sigil. Translation: "I'm not brainwashed, but you need to GTFO, srlsy." So it looks like Thorn Queen is gonna trust Mags in the meantime, while coming up with Plan B and/or rounding up some reinforcements. But she sticks around long enough to put Cersei on blast. "You're the worst person I've ever met." Considering how old this bat is (and how much political maneuvering she's had to do over the decades) that's probably saying something. Still, this all felt like a throwaway scene, which in the GoT world means foreshadowing. Could the Lannisters/Tyrells put their mutual loathing for each other aside long enough for a coup d'etat?

Speaking of odd couples... Jamie arrives in Riverrun to support the Freys. YESSSS! BRONN'S BACK! His quip about the Unsullied was the comic highlight of the season. I can't wait to use it in an inappropriate situation. Maybe at a family barbecue. Then he follows it up with a masterful rejoinder about Lannisters and debts. Le sigh. This show needs more Bronn.

(BTW: another thing I love-hate about GoT is that there are so many below-the-radar awesome characters that they often get neglected in order to let the major players move the plot. On one level it's understandable. But it still makes me sometimes wish that modern television was more like it was in the '70s. "Hey, we've got a character who's really popular, let's do a spinoff just for him!" Admit it, if there was a show whose main premise was Bronn and Tyrion wandering around Westeros, getting drunk and having adventures, you'd totally watch it. Same with a rom-com series featuring Brienne and Tormund. Just put them in a scene together... him making eyes at her, and she rolling her eyes. The occasional scraps with Wights and barbarians, then some comic sexual tension. Emmy gold, y'all.)

Back to Riverrun... the Freys threaten to kill Edmure. Blackfish does his best Doc Holliday: "Say when..." then Jamie shows up. Tells Blackfish to surrender, gets pretty much the same response. This is probably gonna be one of the Big Battles that helps end Season 6, and I have no idea how it's gonna turn out. Blackfish is a minor character (albeit brilliant and charismatic with such meager screen time), so I really don't see how he survives the battle. But we know the Brotherhood is headed this way, as is Brienne, and is Sandor nearby? Hmm... this is gonna get gooooood.

Up in the North we have Jon, Sansa, and Davos begging a 10-year-old firecracker for a handful of men... men who almost immediately start bickering and fighting with the Wildlings. Pretty good back and forth with Princess of Bear Island though. My wife thinks she'd be a good match for young Rickon Stark... that is if Ramsey hasn't already par-broiled his wedding tackle. Also, pretty good speech from Jon about how the Wildlings really have nothing to go back to... but it seemed superfluous. With everything these guys have seen, do they really need to be reminded of the stakes? Kinda reminds me of the Israelites leaving Egypt. Do y'all really want to go back there? Like, really?

giphy.gif

Anyhoo, it's pretty obvious Sansa's gonna ask Littlefinger for help. If he truly has an army, they'll probably wait til the last minute to bail the Starks out... which puts them in his debt. Can't imagine how they'll repay him. Wonder if Sansa's up for a third doomed marriage? Poor girl can't catch a break.

Lastly... we're in Braavos.

giphy.gif

Okay, my lunchbreak is almost up, so I'll cut to the chase: there's no way that's Arya Stark. I'll just come out and say it. No. Way. Also, is it just me, or didn't that whole scene seem uncharacteristic of her, strangely predictable, and almost dreamlike? It just seemed... off. Like a vision, or a play within a play. Very odd.

First... where'd she get all those bags of gold? Then, why'd she abandon her unlit stronghold to go wandering in the market square? Where is Needle? Also, how'd she let some stranger just walk up and go all stabby stabbington? C'mon man! This is a girl who was betrayed by her own sister over that creep Joffrey, saw her father beheaded for being too noble to live, and who's been doing advanced blind ninja training for weeks. So, uh, she just gets taken out in broad daylight like a New York City tourist? Naw man, this ain't right.

This seems like one of those TV/movie tropes where a bizarre twist happens to the main character, then he sits bolt upright in his bed. "Ah ha, it was all a dream." Either way, something doesn't jive. Theories abound, and I'm not really interested in speculating, but there is going to be some final ultimate confrontation/exchange between The Girl and Sexy Hitman Jesus. There has to be. This is all coming to a head.

Y'know... I have a pretty good idea how that's going to resolve. If it goes the way I think it should, it will be AMAZING. Maybe one of the high points of the entire series! But if the GoT writers aim low and just settle for a Darth Vader/Luke Skywalker lightsaber battle between "a man" and "a girl," I'm going to be sorely disappointed.

In closing... when The Hound saw his new religious commune friends + Handsome Preacher Man slaughtered by the Brotherhood, and then picked up that axe, the first thing I thought was Die Hard:

5sTqrXo.jpg

Welcome (back) to the party, pal!

• Like 1

I didn't know GRRM was a Battlestar Gallactica fan. Lol

Well, he's pretty much ripped off everyone else at this point, might as well steal some of Glen A. Larson's stuff. :P

• Like 1

I am pretty sure Joffrey is the king of the White Walkers.

ZOMG!!! SPOILER ALERT! Geeez, you just ruined the whole series. Looks like it's back to Flight of the Conchords re-runs for me. b50Iw5C.gif

Matthias my man great summary.

Mav I think you and I should get together and mesh our ideas together, I think a zombie man eating baby riding on the back of a dragon/wolf hybrid eating hippie children in the forest to the sound of the wiener song (Southpark) would be a satisfying ending we could all enjoy.

Here are my thoughts.

1.) There will be no battle between the Blackfish and Jaime. I think once the Blackfish hears of his niece he will make a deal with Jaime to go to her aid and give up River Run temporarily. Jaime gets to go home, and Tully gets to save his last surviving great niece (he thinks anyway). And before you say he didn't care about Edmure think again, he just knew the Frey's were full of it and wouldn't just throw away a valuable prisoner like that.

2.) The knights of the Vale. they haven't seen screen time since episode 1 or 2 (sorry can't remember). Plenty of time to make the trip north. I believe they come to the aid of the Starks in the last moment of their fight at Winterfell, but that Sansa will end up betraying Jon in a bid for power.

3.) I hope I don't have to see any of Sam the rest of the season, or better yet ever. Lets just let Sam live out his days with his new Valerian sword in Ashi. I'm good with that, he can send a nice letter to Jon at the end of the series explaining his absence.

4.) I think Cerci will choose a trial by combat of course picking the Mountain as her champion. In a twist of irony the High Sparrow will choose King Tommen as the champion of the Seven to spite her. The mountain has been programmed to always protect Cerci and kills Tommen to do so causing Cerci to lose her last child and completely end her mentally. Jaime returns only to see his last child dead and uses his army to destroy the Faith Militant and the High Sparrow.

5.) I don't know who those men were that killed silky voiced preacher, but I have a feeling they won't enjoy what is coming for them.

Side note: I don't think that was really Shaggy Dog's head that Little Jon Umber brought before Ramsey. The head was way too small for a dire wolves head and Shaggy Dog in the books is the largest most ferocious of all the dire wolves. So much so that he even warps Rickon's thoughts making him "The Wild Wolf" of the Stark children.

That's all I have for now.

~FIN~

• Like 1

Matthias my man great summary.

Mav I think you and I should get together and mesh our ideas together, I think a zombie man eating baby riding on the back of a dragon/wolf hybrid eating hippie children in the forest to the sound of the wiener song (Southpark) would be a satisfying ending we could all enjoy.

Here are my thoughts.

1.) There will be no battle between the Blackfish and Jaime. I think once the Blackfish hears of his niece he will make a deal with Jaime to go to her aid and give up River Run temporarily. Jaime gets to go home, and Tully gets to save his last surviving great niece (he thinks anyway). And before you say he didn't care about Edmure think again, he just knew the Frey's were full of it and wouldn't just throw away a valuable prisoner like that.

2.) The knights of the Vale. they haven't seen screen time since episode 1 or 2 (sorry can't remember). Plenty of time to make the trip north. I believe they come to the aid of the Starks in the last moment of their fight at Winterfell, but that Sansa will end up betraying Jon in a bid for power.

3.) I hope I don't have to see any of Sam the rest of the season, or better yet ever. Lets just let Sam live out his days with his new Valerian sword in Ashi. I'm good with that, he can send a nice letter to Jon at the end of the series explaining his absence.

4.) I think Cerci will choose a trial by combat of course picking the Mountain as her champion. In a twist of irony the High Sparrow will choose King Tommen as the champion of the Seven to spite her. The mountain has been programmed to always protect Cerci and kills Tommen to do so causing Cerci to lose her last child and completely end her mentally. Jaime returns only to see his last child dead and uses his army to destroy the Faith Militant and the High Sparrow.

5.) I don't know who those men were that killed silky voiced preacher, but I have a feeling they won't enjoy what is coming for them.

Side note: I don't think that was really Shaggy Dog's head that Little Jon Umber brought before Ramsey. The head was way too small for a dire wolves head and Shaggy Dog in the books is the largest most ferocious of all the dire wolves. So much so that he even warps Rickon's thoughts making him "The Wild Wolf" of the Stark children.

That's all I have for now.

~FIN~

I'm thinking me and you should wire our cliff notes on a good GoT spinoff and let Mathais go to town writing the script...

Possible options- Bran and the dryad romance.

Hodor's teenage years

The Lannister that didn't pay his/her debt

The story of Joffreys third inbred nipple........

• Like 1

After building so much momentum in the last few episodes, this week was a severe disappointment. If the next two shows follow this baffling trend, I may just tap out of this series. Seriously.

Our journey starts in Braavos... another overlong play monologue. I keep harping on this because the only plot development that occurs is that Lady Crane dies by the Waif's hands. So, again, why did we need so much of this character? What's more, we still don't understand where Arya got all the gold or why she wandered the streets in broad daylight like a babe in the woods. Yeah yeah, she was setting a trap for the Waif, but she dang near died doing it. Was that really the best plan? How was that consistent with what her character has learned the last several episodes?

At the end, we get the payoff... a girl is Arya Stark, and Sexy Jesus smiles cryptically. That's it? Geeez. Weak sauce. The best you can say about this development is that it finally sends her back to Winterfell. The North remembers.

giphy.gif

Then, the Riverlands... the Hound whacks some of the guys who killed Handsome Preacher Man and his hippie commune. Catching up with the Brotherhood, it looks like he's traveling with them. The execution is anti-climactic, but maybe that's the point. Dunno. Again, it's a plot line that just peters out. Granted, it's not terrible plot development, just painfully incremental and needlessly incongruous. But the Brotherhood hitches a ride on Handsome Preacher Man's train of thought: there's a reason Sandor Clegane is still around. Thanks for that, Captain Obvious.

Over on the other side of the Riverlands, the siege begins at Riverrun, and we have a tender reunion (for them, anyway) for Brienne and Jamie. Dude... she may be a 7-foot tall college softball coach, and he might be an incestuous rich boy pretty face, but daaaaang do they have some chemistry together.

giphy.gif

Nevertheless, Jamie's plan is tactically brilliant, and it works. Too bad Blackfish had to die so needlessly. But what's to happen with the Tully forces now? Could they go North to relieve the Starks? That parting shot of Brienne/Jamie as she's sailing away seemed to linger a bit long... Hmm... having taken Riverrun, will Jamie release them to go relieve their bannermen? Is this another step in the redemption arc of Jamie Lannister? The things we do for love...

Off to Mereen we go, where the most famous Dwarf in the world (both ours and theirs) gives a mancrush tearjerker goodbye to Varys. So cute. These guys need a spinoff, or at least a road trip movie. The cameras also lingered long on the Lord of Light evangelists in the town square, setting up another obvious religious skirmish when East meets West. Afterward, the Imp tries to prompt a drunken three-way with Grey Worm and Missy Andie, only to be interrupted by the Masters going D-Day on the city. The naval siege was cool, but I could tell it was expensive. A shame we can't get more shots like that.

Anyhoo... just when it seems like the pyramid is going down like the Alamo, Dany shows up with her dragons. What's gonna happen to that naval landing?

BURN THEM ALL!!!

dragon-fire.gif

Speaking of landings... check out what's happening at King's Landing. "I choose violence." <chillbumps> Am I the only heathen who took a slight twinge of delight at the Mountain eviscerating that religious fanatic?

ScratchyFalseCamel-size_restricted.gif

But alas, the High Sparrow shows just how ahead of the game he is. Tommen just outlawed trial by combat. Masterstoke. How convenient for the Faith. Now, they will get to judge. This will not end well for anyone. Are the rumors true? The rumors of what? Wildfire. Yep. I think we all know what's coming:

Mad-King.gif

BURN THEM ALL!!!

Bruh...I was so furious the way the episode ended, it seemed like so much time was wasted. The saving grace will probably be the last two episodes. I have heard that D&D poured most of the budget into these last two episodes, these guys make 10 hour long episodes a year on a budget half the size of most Hollywood action flicks. The way Blackfish went out was a huge letdown, I know they probably killed him off for budgetary reasons but dang. They could have at least shown him fighting and cut out some of the useless Arya scenes. I really hope we are done with her for the year. I think we end the season with Dany setting sell for Westeros.

• Like 1

Bruh...I was so furious the way the episode ended, it seemed like so much time was wasted. The saving grace will probably be the last two episodes. I have heard that D&D poured most of the budget into these last two episodes, these guys make 10 hour long episodes a year on a budget half the size of most Hollywood action flicks. The way Blackfish went out was a huge letdown, I know they probably killed him off for budgetary reasons but dang. They could have at least shown him fighting and cut out some of the useless Arya scenes. I really hope we are done with her for the year. I think we end the season with Dany setting sell for Westeros.

Here are my thoughts on the season so far...

The writing for this season is so messed up that Sansa has become more interesting than the beloved John Snow or adorable killing Machine Arya, or queen sexy Dany with her mighty dragons...

Our side shows have lost some luster. Separating the Hound from Arya was a mistake, and basically killed his storyline until he meets up with her again. The fat scholar guy is nothing without John Snow... I hope he drops off the sword with one in his heart... Littlefinger, I have never liked, but he was entertaining with Varys, who may be one of the most entertaining side characters of the show that does nothing but gossip the truth.

Bran has essentially vanished again, and his role in everything to come is still completely unknown. The guy in the tree jail said that it was time for Bran to become him... but when and how and is there a tree that Bran can live inside past the wall in the north?

The white-walkers seem to move really really really slow for an army of dead that seem to overwhelm everything faster than a string of spaghetti whipping down your throat... I know the battle with them will most likely be part of the final season and may either unite Westeros or destroy it. Either way, I don't really care, but it better be awesome after 6 seasons of build up for these guys that has matured into a whole bunch of nothing so far.

Cersi, Tommin, and Queen Margerie may be the biggest snoozer in the plot so far. Their battle with the old dirty man at the church almost seems pointless in the things to come... With that being said, what are the things to come for that castle? It seems to be a whole bunch of nothing also. I really like series that have a continuous plot, but it seems every season we are left underwhelmed in season finales...

Why kill John Snow to bring him back? Why kill the Hound to bring him back? Why have Ramsey rape Sansa over and over again for her not to have a child by him? It seems there are a lot of pointless things that happen in this show, that could be a lot more interesting and lead to a bigger bang if they just chose a simpler path, that may be an obvious choice... Too many times the surprising twist leads to a dead storyline...

Finally, I don't think a lot of you saw past the "siege" during Danarys's return, but.... there were a whole bunch of ships bombing the city......... I think she may have found her fleet.

• Like 1

Nah, that fleet would be useless to her as they are siege ships, I have a feeling Theon and Yara will show up and help with the ships issue. As for the white walkers they can't just pass the wall. The wall has magical barriers in place similar to the barriers that protected the three eyes raven. Basically something will have to give for him to be able to get past the wall.