Game of Thrones (spoilers/theories)

Coach Rab

Finally, something to get excited about.

I am guessing the season finale will focus more on Westeros than the North or Danerys.... So this is my play on it...

1) Starts out that inbred spawn and his wife finally hook up again.

2) The dirty old preacher is pleased.

3) The dirty tattooed forehead guys all gather to convict Cersi

4) She is found guilty...

5) The mountain steps in, gets killed

6) All of the fighting in the streets breaks out

7) Cersi's supporters start losing

8) Grandmother marches in with her army at the last minute

9) Westeros changes once again in power

10) As soon as they think they have it, they see 100,000 ships, 3 dragons, and a half naked blonde chick sailing in the distance

11) Episode 10 OVA

Possible side plots

1) The white walkers have a picnic outside of the wall.

2) Winter finally comes after 8 seasons of people predicting it....

3) Littlefinger opens a brothel in Winterfell

4) Arya finds a way to kill the people on her list that seems to have vanished....

5) The Hound becomes a Bolton and the vicious cycle starts all over again....

<SPOILER ALERT! DO NOT SCROLL DOWN IF YOU HAVENT SEEN EP 10 YET>

New King of the North chant? <boring>

Danerys breaks it off with her sex toy? <useless to me>

Sansa rejects Littlefinger? <seems to be obvious as well, but w/e>

Cercei queen? <can't believe that took 6 seasons>

Tommen <the best thing that happened in this episode, and it was actually sad>

Arya back in Westeros? <ok, i won't complain about it>

Samwell again? <I still don't understand what his role could be in any of this? unless he is the one who discovers through studies that Jon is Targarean>

Bran? <Finally interesting again, but now that he knows of Jon's origin, how and when does he make it back to Jon?>

• Like 1

That's how you end a season with a bang.

giphy.gif

You said it, hoss. :lol: I think I'm gonna have to take a late lunch right now to post my thoughts.
So, of all the twists on this show thus far, I think I love the Cersei "twist" the most...
giphy.gif
C'mon, admit it, you all thought she was done. Shoot, I did too! I figured she'd detonate everything right as her guilty verdict was issued. Nope. But at the same time... this really isn't much of a twist. More of a rope-a-dope, and I think it lulled all of us away from remembering just how smart and truly vicious she is.
Of all the characters, Cersei seems to understand the reality of this world better than most. The twist is that, instead of manipulating others to her game, now she's cleared the chessboard to herself and just a few other players. That's something her father would've liked to have done, and I think she alludes to that with her choice of outfit. That studded black leather getup is nigh on identical to Tywin's uniform as Hand of the King. Nonetheless, I doubt her reign is long. Those furtive glances between her and Jamie mean something. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, especially when she's your sister... and a Mad Queen.
<sigh> I'm still not over this scene from episode 9:
giphy.gif
Within its context, that's probably the single most amazing visual in television history. I admit it, I misted up. Not because I thought he was about to die, but because I knew he wouldn't... he couldn't. If he had to single-handedly kill every man in that army, he was going to survive. On the same token, I don't think there's a more important scene than this one:
giphy.gif
Maybe it's because I'm getting old (and my own babies are no longer babies) but this hit me right in the gut. So much of Eddard Stark's honor (and Jon's suffering) comes into relief. Ned lied about fathering a bɑstɑrd (enduring the shame on his character and that of his wife), to protect his sister's child — knowing full well that Jon is also (likely) a Targaryen.
Jon Snow is the king everyone's been waiting for. All along, it seems like the show's been trying to figure out who could possibly be worthy of Queen Daenerys. But with each step in his plot development, he proves to be the worthier part of this match. THE KING IN THE NORTH!!! Look at his journey, the unloved bɑstɑrd son who sits in obscurity. Exiled to the Night's Watch, becomes part of the North. Wins the loyalty of the Wildlings, The Night's Watch, and then the North itself. Jon is as honorable as any Stark man, but wiser than them all. Not hidebound to a binary legalistic understanding of honor, wise enough to understand that every action has a consequence. THE KING IN THE NORTH!!!
A few quick hits:
• That tender exchange between Dany and Tyrion was amazing. All his life the "imp" has craved love, respect, dignity and just to be appreciated, hiding this need under the armor of his wit and drowning his shame in drunken whoring. But with Dany he receives all of these things, and the expression of sincere grateful affection shown by Peter Dinklage reflects this. Dwarf or not, this guy is an amazing actor. Period. The bad news is, now that his character arc has reached full circle, he can die. <sigh>
• Speaking of character arcs... Margery really got the shaft. She was as good a player in this game as there was, unfortunately she was tripped up by the High Sparrow — who also proved pride to be his own fatal flaw. For all his tactics, his inability to see how many corpses Cersei would walk over to win the game proved to be his downfall. While he was willing to let the streets run red with the blood of the non-believers, she's willing to burn them all. BURN THEM ALL!!!
Cersei (via the Mountain) reminds us all that there are worse things than death, and that (in Game of Thrones) what goes around comes around... often far, far worse than it originally went around. Yeah sure, we all hated Septa Unella's hateful zealotry, but I wouldn't wish her fate on Ramsay Snow. Oh man, that chick's screams. <shudder>
Bran and the Weirwood Tree, becoming the Three-Eyed Raven. Uh, cool... but what about that army of ice zombies hanging out within walking distance? Maybe they're just waiting for Bran to cross the Wall so's they can invade?
• Look for Littlefinger to become the new Joffrey/Ramsay "most hated guy" on the show. It'll set up some sorta gruesome, fan-service death near the end. Something like a lance through the cojones from Varys.
• Thank you Queen of Thorns for putting those stupid Sand Snakes in their place. Ugh. Thank you Varys for saving the Dorne subplot. Now we know where Dany is gonna make her epic landing in the West.
• As a nascent scholar of Shakespeare, I loved Walder Frey's death. Loved it. And when Arya did the pie reveal I actually shouted "Titus Andronicus!" like a child seeing Santa Claus. Awesome.
• What did y'all make of those glances between Samsa and Littlefinger? What's his next game? Surely he won't try to play one Stark against the other. Too obvious. But then...
• Ok, so Arya is gradually assassinating her way north. Could she fill the Lady Stoneheart gap? Look for some final confrontation between her and Sexy Jesus at some point.
• Felt bad for Tommen. Poor kid. Never wanted to be in this kind of game. Wanted to be good, do the right thing. Just more collateral damage in a centuries-old war.
• Battle of the Five Queens is the theme for next season, and we will be inaugurating our first female president not long before the premiere... just sayin.
WHEW! What a season... it started strong, went into kind of a funk there for a bit, but finished with a proper bang. Enjoy it y'all, this is about as good as TV gets right now.
  • Like 1

LOL, yeah. I think that's a good thing. Should mean leaner episodes, with fewer rabbit trails to chase. We don't need anymore world-building or history exposition. It's all about the War of the Five Queens and the coming Armageddon with the White Walkers. That's more than enough to wrap up.

nnXQur6.png

• Like 2

I have a feeling Bran passing the wall with the mark will set off the invasion from north of the wall. Danerys is coming to Westeros with a horde of Dothraki that are going to be hated for their lewd behavior. She may have a powerful army, but it is a long long march from Sunspear to Kings Landing. I think she will show up to a Kings Landing left in utter ruin from Cersi's reign of terror just like her vision foretold from previous seasons. She gets there and the city is nothing but ash, and the kingdom is under attack by an army that only grows with every kill it makes. Something bad will happen because her coming to Westeros with that OP army would be a bland story to end on. I think in the end she is left with a choice. Go back to Mereen and rule what she has there, or save the people left in Westeros and possibly lose everything in doing so.

I have a feeling Bran passing the wall with the mark will set off the invasion from north of the wall. Danerys is coming to Westeros with a horde of Dothraki that are going to be hated for their lewd behavior. She may have a powerful army, but it is a long long march from Sunspear to Kings Landing. I think she will show up to a Kings Landing left in utter ruin from Cersi's reign of terror just like her vision foretold from previous seasons. She gets there and the city is nothing but ash, and the kingdom is under attack by an army that only grows with every kill it makes. Something bad will happen because her coming to Westeros with that OP army would be a bland story to end on. I think in the end she is left with a choice. Go back to Mereen and rule what she has there, or save the people left in Westeros and possibly lose everything in doing so.

i see it a bit differently, she wins the south and starts moving north and runs into jon snow to fight for the rest of the kingdom... however, the skeleton army has crossed the wall, those 2 fall in love... two targareyans (sp?) fall in love and make the new 1 true ruler of the future while they die fighting the walking dead... the series will end with the 1 true dragon in-bred king of jon snow and danerys (sp). Tyrion lives on and goes and establishes the settlement of The Shire. the end

• 2 weeks later...

I know there's a lot of YouTube wrap-ups, but no one does it like this guy. He interweaves solid episode analysis references book theories as well as flashbacks and even pop culture references. Plus, he does it with an accent and dry English humor, which is like 25% more class.

Seriously, his summary brings everything from Season 6 (and earlier) up to speed, and lays out the scene for the last two seasons. Very clean and organized. Good stuff. I recommend it to all of y'all:

• Like 1

Is that AltShiftX? I like him and Preston Jacobs, but Preston is better for people who have read the books.

Whoa, they made books about this? :lol: But yeah, you're right. Jacobs is excellent for going into book depth with the story, and drawing out themes in the show that only people who've read the books can understand the significance. A lot of folks think he's kind of a butthead (and he is) but his devotion to truly appreciating the depth of the story is to be commended. I hope to someday be a writer, and I hope I have a reader so passionate about my stories.

AltShiftX is great for most folks, that is: people who maybe skimmed the first book or two, and are more passively engaged in the machinations behind the scenes in the show. Plus, I love his organized approach to saying 1.) this is what happened, 2.) here's why it's important, and 3.) here's where this may be going.

• Like 1

Whoa, they made books about this? :lol: But yeah, you're right. Jacobs is excellent for going into book depth with the story, and drawing out themes in the show that only people who've read the books can understand the significance. A lot of folks think he's kind of a butthead (and he is) but his devotion to truly appreciating the depth of the story is to be commended. I hope to someday be a writer, and I hope I have a reader so passionate about my stories.

AltShiftX is great for most folks, that is: people who maybe skimmed the first book or two, and are more passively engaged in the machinations behind the scenes in the show. Plus, I love his organized approach to saying 1.) this is what happened, 2.) here's why it's important, and 3.) here's where this may be going.

Your first book, I want a copy. When you are ready I will help you with some fantasy fiction ideas I've had but could never pu into words on paper

• Like 1

Free copies for all of Smoaky... shoot, I may even hold a book signing at The Mighty Oaks tavern. Some of them loons are character inspiration. :lol:

When you are ready I will help you with some fantasy fiction ideas I've had but could never put into words on paper

Hrmm... these fantasies of yours don't involve me dressing up like Little Bo Peep, do they?

ILqyW60.jpg