Looking for a HS girls select Basketball Team

mtnag

Depends on the goals your daughter has for basketball. If she wants to play college basketball she needs to be playing on a team that plays in showcase events during the spring and summer. That would mean traveling to Dallas would be your best bet. If she just wants to play and get better for high school there are a few of those teams around East Texas. Don't know how old your daughter is or what her goals are, but we started traveling to Dallas when my daughter was in 6th grade and it was the best thing we ever did. PM me and I can give you information on local teams and teams in DFW area. Good luck!

I thought you had to be ''selected'' for it to be 'select'???

otherwise,

it's just little dribblers

"Select" has always confused me as well. I think it's just a trendy term. I see it as mommy and daddy have enough money to get their kid on the team; they call it select so it sounds like the kids playing are really good. Don't get me wrong I'm sure there are a lot of really good players playing so called "select" ball, but I'd be willing to bet there is a lot of crappy ones as well. I see "select" as just a fancy way of saying summer ball. Select...come on folks!!