BEST SPORTS FILM

FreshClub22

I reserve the right to change my mind ....... however, the first sports movie that came to mind was "Brian's Song".

The original, not the remake wantabe. Two strong lead actors. Great story. IT WAS A REAL STORY not fiction where anything happend. It gave us a lesson in life and on friendship. Through the years we have watched Gayle and have seen how Pic still has a place in his life. Ofcourse, we can never forget the song. DA DA DA DA....okay I can't make this keyboard sing it but I bet most of you know it.

• 3 weeks later...

Actually after 30 minutes of contemplaiting sports movies...

I'm going to go on an entirely different tangent.

The Karate Kid I & II and The Next Karate Kid are probably some of the best sports movies out there.

• 3 weeks later...

Never saw Long Gone or *61. I'll have to find those and watch them. Brian's Song ages all of us that mention it, but it was one that stands out. I think it's funny that some of the same ones end up on most of our posts, but I enjoy almost every sports movie that comes out, too. I guess I just get tired of some of the stuff that the brains in Hollywood try to push down our throats and say we must all enjoy if we have half a brain.

There are four movies which will make me stop channel surfing and watch completely, anytime I come across them. Coincidentally, 3 of the 4 are sports movies.

Hoosier, Miracle, and Rudy (the fourth is A Few Good Men)

Another really good sports movie for me was Best of Times.

I almost forgot, another personal favorite is Fever Pitch. The Fenway footage is great.

• 2 years later...