What is going on in Winnsboro?

BigRedFan

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winnsboro's head girls basketball coach has stepped down or is no longer the coach. It is in this week's paper but have not had a chance to read it. I was tpld this by another Winnsboro poster who said he saw it in the paper. Do not know any details until I get my paper.

Is this considered hear say?

You don't ever want to be the guy to follow a legend. You want to be the guy (or girl) after the guy who follows the legend.

I agree but he was at the regional tournament with us with not near as much talent,Winnsboro should be happy they were able to go that far

Buddy got out at the right time, he was fortunate to coach girls in a time where they were the only ones playing basketball year round. Now girls all over east texas are playing and playing field has been leveled. In my opinion he would not have made a difference with the Winnsboro program the last few years. My daughters team played Winnsboro eight times during her career and went 6-2 against Buddy's teams. Winnsboro let a good coach get away, who is now at Alba Golden. I think Buddy needs to come back and see how he would compete today, but he is smarter than that. It was always fun playing Winnsboro and getting to know their fans and see how they supported the Lady Raiders. Good luck!

Buddy will not come back. He told me that he is happy retired and he has a lot on his plate right now to think about coming back. I will agree that they made a wrong hire. A lot of people feel the same way.

It is going to be interesting in seeing who they hire this time. I have heard that there may be some one already in position to take over if this person is interested.