The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CasualObserver70

Gilmer Athletic Progrm

I live in Georgia right now... So trying to smack talk me about Marshall athletics is like peeing in the wind... You can come up with a much better idea.

I don't blame you buddy, I would have caught that midnight train to Georgia myself. Glad it's you living in Atlanta and not me, that traffic is crazy and a lot of liberals in that area. lol

I don't blame you buddy, I would have caught that midnight train to Georgia myself. Glad it's you living in Atlanta and not me, that traffic is crazy and a lot of liberals in that area. lol

We are leaving in 2 weeks for Aledo. It has been a miserable 4 years and my job was a travel position.

I was in no way bashing East Texas, but I grew up small town but that life isn't for me. Plus my wife is a PhD Health Psychologist, finding a decent paying job in ETX for both of us is next to impossible. My parents live a good life in Marshall with 7-8 successful businesses, just still not for me at this time in my life... Especially when the citizens of Marshall have a hard time paying $23 a month in taxes to build new school facilities.

We are leaving in 2 weeks for Aledo. It has been a miserable 4 years and my job was a travel position.

I was in no way bashing East Texas, but I grew up small town but that life isn't for me. Plus my wife is a PhD Health Psychologist, finding a decent paying job in ETX for both of us is next to impossible. My parents live a good life in Marshall with 7-8 successful businesses, just still not for me at this time in my life... Especially when the citizens of Marshall have a hard time paying $23 a month in taxes to build new school facilities.

I understand, I lived in Marshall for about three years in the early 80's and I know there are a lot of really good people there. I have driven through Atlanta a few times during rush hour and it was crazy! Don't blame you for wanting to move. Good luck.