let's have some fun. 2a Region 3 playoff prediction.

bigj

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harleton scored 5 runs in the top of the 1st after excellent bunting, 2 hits and 4 Cayuga errors. Cayuga essentially looked like they've never threw a softball before. Cayuga went 1-2-3 in bottom of 1st.

Harleton down 1-2-3 in the 2nd. Cayuga got runners on 1st & 2nd with no outs but runner got thrown out by catcher Haley Pyland by a back pick throw after batter missed a pitch trying to bunt. The runner at 2nd was the only runner Cayuga had at 2nd all game long and she was only there for about 3 pitches before being thrown out.

Randi Carol Phillips hit a 3-run HR in the 3rd to make the lead 8-0. Cayuga down easily.

Harleton scored one more in the 4th. Cayuga goes down quietly.

Harleton scored 3 in the top of 5th to make score 12-0 after Cayuga SS makes an error and throws the ball late to first base. First baseman retrieved the errant throw and then airmailed it into left centerfield trying to retire the batter-runner. All 3 runners included the batter scored on this play. Harleton had runner called out for leaving early at first base. Cayuga had lead off hit in the bottom of the 5th but then was thrown out trying to steal 2nd. Cayuga had 1 more hit that inning but then went down quietly.

Overall Harleton scored 12 runs on 9 hits and had 1 error. Cayuga had 0 runs with 4 hits and 6 errors. Cayuga never had a runner reach past 2nd base for the duration of the game.

I will say this though. Cayuga's fans didn't quit. They were chanting "I believe that we will win!" while down 9-0 in the 4th inning. So....there's that.

Sorry the real Cayuga did not show up. If they played there best they would still lose maybe 5-0 or 6-0. I said all along Harleton was the better team. Yuga is better than that. Just goes to show you how important a role experience is. Good luck Harleton and bring home the gold to East Texas.

I know a certain person has been on BigJ because he is a Cayuga fan and felt like Cayuga had a chance as all Cayuga fans should think. Before you judge him you should know all he does every summer for the last 10 years or so is run a select team and try to get as many young ladies get some kind of scholarship . No it may not D1, but who cares. He does not get paid for this. He did try coaching in High School but he feels he can get more done for more people this way. He has help a lot of young people. So before you run him down for being to much of a homer keep this in mine, he is not that bad a guy.

Maybe 2 out of 3 would have mattered?

this would have made no difference at all, except Cayuga would have been worn down completely...wasn't even close, how can one even think to begin a series would have even been a better idea for these two teams? prediction as stated, Cayuga not a contest for Harleton in the slightest..errors, bad throws are no excuses..those are all part of the game...the better team prevailed..good luck in Austin Harleton, you ladies deserve it!

I know a certain person has been on BigJ because he is a Cayuga fan and felt like Cayuga had a chance as all Cayuga fans should think. Before you judge him you should know all he does every summer for the last 10 years or so is run a select team and try to get as many young ladies get some kind of scholarship . No it may not D1, but who cares. He does not get paid for this. He did try coaching in High School but he feels he can get more done for more people this way. He has help a lot of young people. So before you run him down for being to much of a homer keep this in mine, he is not that bad a guy

and the fiddles are playing..trust me we have heard his coaching saga

this would have made no difference at all, except Cayuga would have been worn down completely...wasn't even close, how can one even think to begin a series would have even been a better idea for these two teams? prediction as stated, Cayuga not a contest for Harleton in the slightest..errors, bad throws are no excuses..those are all part of the game...the better team prevailed..good luck in Austin Harleton, you ladies deserve it!

and the fiddles are playing..trust me we have heard his coaching saga

The discussion about BigJ or any other poster stops here. Keep it on softball. There is one 2A team from East Texas left standing. They have proven that they deserve the chance to represent our region in Austin. We should all support those young ladies as they pursue a state championship. If you don't have something positive to say...... Well, you know what to do.