let's have some fun. 2a Region 3 playoff prediction.

bigj

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all in fun! It's better to have this then nothing at all. This site is boring.

True. I haven't got to see much high school ball this year. What are the strengths of some of the teams in Region 3? I talked to the Joaquin coach before game 2 of their bi-district series. He said they played really solid defense in game 1. No outrageously great plays, just clean, mistake free defense. He also said they hit the ball really well.

I know Harleton has an outstanding pitcher, and their kids always play rock-solid defense. Beckville is known for aggressive base-running. Grapeland swung the bat really well in knocking us out of the playoffs two years ago. We've got groveton next. What can we expect from them?

I really believe region three is the best Region out there. Region 4 with Weimar and shiner. They both lost a few from graduation last year but they always reload and one of them will win that region. Region 2 Cayuga beat two of there front runners Italy and Axtell. Italy, Axtell, bosqueville, Trenton, and Crawford are all equal in my opinion. Anyone of them can come out of that region.

I believe their lefty pitcher is back after missing a few games mid district. She spots the ball pretty good and will change speeds. You will probably not like the outcome if you try to run on their catcher. Decent sticks and decent defense. Don't make a mistake and leave the ball over the plate against their catcher. She swings the stick with plenty of POP.

I believe their lefty pitcher is back after missing a few games mid district. She spots the ball pretty good and will change speeds. You will probably not like the outcome if you try to run on their catcher. Decent sticks and decent defense. Don't make a mistake and leave the ball over the plate against their catcher. She swings the stick with plenty of POP.

Are you talking about Groveton?

Yes, I was talking about Groveton.

Ok, that's good to know. I don't think our girls will blow away anyone in Region 3, but they offer some challenges. We hit the ball well 1-9, and we run the bases aggressively. Got a couple of track stars that can cover ground. We don't have a strikeout pitcher, but they don't give up a lot of hits. Defense was rock-solid vs. Slocum. I like to think we can play with anyone in our side of the bracket.

Trueblue82,

Sounds like it should be a good series. Iv'e been fortunate enough to have a few of the Groveton girls play for me over the years, so i'm a little biased, but good luck to you guys. Hoping for a good competative weekend!!!

Trueblue82,

Sounds like it should be a good series. Iv'e been fortunate enough to have a few of the Groveton girls play for me over the years, so i'm a little biased, but good luck to you guys. Hoping for a good competative weekend!!!

Good luck to you guys as well. I don't see us being a state tournament team this year, but hopefully we can make a nice run and some of younger kids get good experience. Our starting pitcher is a senior, and she's a super sweet kid. She's also one of the best athletes, boy or girl, to ever come through our school. She qualified for state in the high jump. I'd love to see her go out with a bang.

Harleton 24-0 over Martins Mill game one. Subs played last few innings. Still wanna put that money on Harleton losing BigJ? Lol. You might want to rethink your predictions that this region is wide open. Didn't your Yuga train beat Martins Mill by a couple of runs? Just sayin