let's have some fun. 2a Region 3 playoff prediction.

bigj

Looks like #4 Cayuga easily handled Avery. Beckville looks like typical Beckville. Grapeland is moving right along. Martins Mill may not have a shot at coming out of the region after all. Anyone have anymore details on any of these recently completed games?

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Receiver and Maverick like to think they know softball. For the last time we all know that Harleton is the big dog and probably them are Beckville will come out of this region. Both are equal and it may go either way this coming weekend. If receiver knew anything about softball. He would atleast know that any team left can beat anyone especially Grapeland, and Cayuga. If there pitchers are on and there d is playing very well that day. Then anyone of these teams can fall to them the same with Harleton, and Beckville. In the Regional finals last year Grapeland had one bad inning that cost them the game vs Harleton. Grapeland has been to the Regional finals 5 years in a row and didn't lose anyone from last years team.

I do know this: Harleton and Beckville are on a different level than grapeland or Cayuga. That's pretty simple to watch and see genius.

No doubt about it, Harleton and Brckville have been very impressive this year. What's going to be interesting to see is this: how do they respond to a challenge? They've both won the bulk of their games on the run rule. Will they be as impressive when someone makes them play seven innings? Those two playing each other this week means two things. #1. One of them will go home. #2. The survivor will have some weaknesses exposed. There are some good coaches at these other schools that will likely have scouts at this series. They will have better info on them than they've had all year. Should make for an interesting region, as always. Good luck to all!

Receiver WE ALL KNOW THIS! Harleton has 9 kids that play softball year around on the there team. They have 1 that plays at the highest level competitively year in year out and two others that play also up there. Same with Beckville all 9 play year in year out. Grapeland has one that started to play competitively at the biggest and toughest tournaments last year. Thats there pitcher and she lead San Antonio HITT to a 6th place pgf national finish last summer. Pitching every game for them. They have two other kids that play year around and the rest only play high school ball. Cayuga has two that have played for years at the most competitive tournaments. There Pitcher and Short stop. The rest pick up a bat come high school softball season. Cayuga is a lil different then all the other teams. They use speed and 4 or 5 slappers to score there runs.

Anyways, ding ding!! Battle round has hit between Harleton and Beckville... and I really like that it is hitting them both so quickly this year! Beckville really struggled with Phillips last year and I haven't read where their coach has challenged them much this year in setting up challenging warm ups or scrimmages to prepare. Good to see that Harleton coach stepped it up and took his girls to play some real ball against some bigger schools and face some real competition.. I believe that in itself will set the tone for this match up. I did see early in the year where Beckville lost to ranked Carthage (4a) and it didn't appear to be a very close game.. Carthage pitcher definitely more than they could handle at that time. I don't think it really matters how many girls per each school play travel ball.. good athletes are good athletes. I simply believe it will come down to which team comes prepared to just play the game one out at a time and not be looking ahead to standing on that field in Austin

I guess I surrendered my freedom of speech..I didn't insult or make a comment that was in anyway offensive towards any school, player or person..anyways, anyone prediction on the harleton and beckville series? since this is supposed to be about softball and not removing posts because you believe you have the authority to do so.. I'm thinking this will be a tight series and will push to three games.. I'm taking Harleton to win the series

I guess I surrendered my freedom of speech..I didn't insult or make a comment that was in anyway offensive towards any school, player or person..anyways, anyone prediction on the harleton and beckville series? since this is supposed to be about softball and not removing posts because you believe you have the authority to do so.. I'm thinking this will be a tight series and will push to three games.. I'm taking Harleton to win the series

You are close to joining them. We hid an argument to keep this topic civil then you start a new one with a mod. Chill out or I'll let you discuss softball with your small circle of friends instead of our public forum.

You were warned...enjoy your week off......

Our boy bigJ might have to rework his bracket.? One of his semifinal it's just got swept.

Joaquin over Slocum 4-1, 10-6.

Joaquin surprising some folks

Anyways, ding ding!! Battle round has hit between Harleton and Beckville... and I really like that it is hitting them both so quickly this year! Beckville really struggled with Phillips last year and I haven't read where their coach has challenged them much this year in setting up challenging warm ups or scrimmages to prepare. Good to see that Harleton coach stepped it up and took his girls to play some real ball against some bigger schools and face some real competition.. I believe that in itself will set the tone for this match up. I did see early in the year where Beckville lost to ranked Carthage (4a) and it didn't appear to be a very close game.. Carthage pitcher definitely more than they could handle at that time. I don't think it really matters how many girls per each school play travel ball.. good athletes are good athletes. I simply believe it will come down to which team comes prepared to just play the game one out at a time and not be looking ahead to standing on that field in Austin

Carthage did not beat them as bad as it seems it was only 6-3 and beckville was actually winning until the bottom of third and carthage got couple good hits but the carthage pitcher is good I will have to say couple of those runs were from beckville playing aggressively making some errors. Besides some of those Teams harleton played Beckville could have beat also.