The Official Rangers @ Astros 3-Game Series Thread (May 4-6)

I have the Astros taking another series at home. The Rangers are already 9.5 games back, and after this series they'll be at least 10.5 games back if not 12.5. We're barely through with the first month of baseball. Only Milwaukee has a worse record than the Rangers.

Rangers 7.5gms out In last place ... hehehe :lol:

Realistically I think we all knew the Astros were on an unrealistic streak that couldn't last. I think they could stay in contention for quite a while, but I can't see this team being a player for winning this division until next year. I would have to see a team within 2 games in mid-August before I could even entertain that fantasy

Rangers 7.5gms out In last place ... hehehe :lol:

Realistically I think we all knew the Astros were on an unrealistic streak that couldn't last. I think they could stay in contention for quite a while, but I can't see this team being a player for winning this division until next year. I would have to see a team within 2 games in mid-August before I could even entertain that fantasy

Oh ye of little faith.......couple of bad games and ready to throw in the towel......:p

I feel bad for you guys that think Houston will ever be in contention with the guys they have playing now. Who hits 4 hole? Their best hitter is their lead-off hitter...

This isn't the full roster that is expected to take this team forward. There are guys still in the minors like Correa and Colin Moran that will play a big role.

I don't think guys like Gattis and Lowrie are part of the long term picture. Chris Carter may not either depending on if he can ever find consistency.

I feel bad for you guys that think Houston will ever be in contention with the guys they have playing now. Who hits 4 hole? Their best hitter is their lead-off hitter...

Gattis has been doing a pretty good job in the 4 spot.....

This isn't the full roster that is expected to take this team forward. There are guys still in the minors like Correa and Colin Moran that will play a big role.

I don't think guys like Gattis and Lowrie are part of the long term picture. Chris Carter may not either depending on if he can ever find consistency.

Don't let these last place Ranger fans cause you to doubt......we shall SEE in the end who turns out being competitive and who doesn't......