STAAR Testing and Play-offs

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it hard to believe that you are in public education. Do you support Sen. Donna Campbell's statement that public education is a monstrosity and a monopoly? Do you support Lt. gov. Stance that pre-k public school classrooms are godless ? Do you support your pay being tied to test scores? The hikes in TRS insurance, the cutting of TRS state contributions? All of these ideas are national and state gop educational policies straight from their platforms

Unlike most of you commies in this business, I didn't check my brain in at the door when I became a teacher......public education IS a monopoly and a monstrosity.......I'm not in it for the money, so I don't care how my salary is determined........and if you think for one minute that I'm a republican or a dim you need to read up on the political forum.........

You say I'm wrong, yet prove me right........I think maybe you are the one whose facts are skewed.........

Ok ... just ignore the last 20 years in public school legislation ... obviously HB 2493 SB 3 SB 93 and myriad others sponsored by current GOP legislators are the plans of a one term governor elected almost 30 years ago.

Unlike most of you commies in this business, I didn't check my brain in at the door when I became a teacher......public education IS a monopoly and a monstrosity.......I'm not in it for the money, so I don't care how my salary is determined........and if you think for one minute that I'm a republican or a dim you need to read up on the political forum.........

Commies? Lol ... Do you call your colleagues commies? Your generosity with your salary is noble ..., But a great many of us raise families

Ok ... just ignore the last 20 years in public school legislation ... obviously HB 2493 SB 3 SB 93 and myriad others sponsored by current GOP legislators are the plans of a one term governor elected almost 30 years ago.

Go back and read what I said, and what you said......before you end up looking even more ignorant........had White not got the idea rolling, it would have been harder for the rest to have passed........

Commies? Lol ... Do you call your colleagues commies? Your generosity with your salary is noble ..., But a great many of us raise families

I do if the need arises .......and if you want a higher salary, I guess you'll have to get those STAAR scores up if this bill passes.......I'm not concerned about it at all.....

In the few exchanges I've had with you, you are quick to start with insults, broad generalization and labels in lieu of actual critical thinking. That's fine .... If your mind can rationalize that this is Mark Whites doing then so be it. You must have a lot of your plate with having to worry about chemtrails, water flouridation, FEMA Walmart camps and Jade 15. I'm sure you're a joy to work with. Have a blessed evening

Standardized testing is a disaster. Some districts base their entire curriculum to teach to pass these tests. What happens then is that you have public school students graduate, go to college, then not have a clue what the hell is going on in their college classrooms. What the government is forcing here is a measurable for student success. If we let the teachers form their own curriculum, we would have more enlightened students post HS. If we allowed teachers to fail students, we would have a better society in my opinion. But like it's been said, this is all about money and the distribution of it....

In the few exchanges I've had with you, you are quick to start with insults, broad generalization and labels in lieu of actual critical thinking. That's fine .... If your mind can rationalize that this is Mark Whites doing then so be it. You must have a lot of your plate with having to worry about chemtrails, water flouridation, FEMA Walmart camps and Jade 15. I'm sure you're a joy to work with. Have a blessed evening

I don't have to rationalize that this is Whites doing.......I can back it up with YOUR post from above........I have absolutely nothing on my plate, so don't worry about me, commie......:p

But.....You have a good evening as well......

Commie, Dim, and RepubliCon are terms of endearment from that old ####. If you want a real insult, head over to the political forums :)

Standardized testing is a disaster. Some districts base their entire curriculum to teach to pass these tests. What happens then is that you have public school students graduate, go to college, then not have a clue what the hell is going on in their college classrooms. What the government is forcing here is a measurable for student success. If we let the teachers form their own curriculum, we would have more enlightened students post HS. If we allowed teachers to fail students, we would have a better society in my opinion. But like it's been said, this is all about money and the distribution of it....

I think we can all agree that the state and federal government should not be involved in education beyond some financial policies.......nac and I are debating when it started, under the dim mark white, or the gopper bill Clements.......

Very well summarized Mav ... The greatest opportunity provider in our nation's history is under real threat. I wish Marshall great luck in your bond election

To me, I think it says how little we think of kids today that they couldn't handle a test and then play in a playoff game hours later. God forbid they learn how to multitask and handle multiple things at once like they will need to do after high school

It's because this test is essential for their success in life beyond high school....................................

It's because this test is essential for their success in life beyond high school....................................

Exactly! Because we all know how important test-taking skills are in the real world. I'm surprised a teaching degree doesn't require credits in test-giving. Administering a test is much more of a teacher's job these days than is teaching reading, writing and arithmetic.

You can get a waiver to opt your kid out of these test and they can't deny you js.

and your kid may not be able to complete graduation requirements by opting out so choose wisely...

The days of testing come from the state. Each test has a particular day to test. The schools do not get to pick and choose as some posters seem to think.

Yes they do. Brush up on your facts. You have a window of May 4-8 to get 3 tests in this week.

Everything is under control now that Michelle has got nutrition in schools under control. I think that has been the problem all along. Just hope she doesn't find out about all those baseball teams eating bacon flavored sunflower seeds during their baseball games. This could get ugly and set the playoffs back a few days.

(Crazier things have happened in Washington) lol