STAAR Testing and Play-offs

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can pin STAAR on the Bush regime...

See the discussion above, slick......standardized testing in Texas goes back to the dim hero Mark White......STAAR is just the latest name for it......and before you try to bring NCLB into the discussion, that abomination was written and put together by that drunk murderer ted kennedy and the dims.......

Why wouldn't the coaches know that before scheduling the series? Just curious.

Not every school decides to give the tests on the same day. And some don't even make that decision as to which day until a few weeks before. And if it's not communicated properly (which nothing in education is) then you'll have some of these issues.

Standardized testing is a disaster. Some districts base their entire curriculum to teach to pass these tests. What happens then is that you have public school students graduate, go to college, then not have a clue what the hell is going on in their college classrooms. What the government is forcing here is a measurable for student success. If we let the teachers form their own curriculum, we would have more enlightened students post HS. If we allowed teachers to fail students, we would have a better society in my opinion. But like it's been said, this is all about money and the distribution of it....

C'mon man. That makes wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much sense to allow in education,...

.I have administered/given TABS/TEAMS/TAAS/STAAR/EOC tests to thousands of students by the end of my time...

and just WHO brought about TABS??? then TEAMS???? DIMS.....W wasn't even around until TAAS....my point being you are blaming w for building on what was started by dims, which goes to prove my point in the political forum that he was just as liberal as the dims, but that's another topic.........anyway, don't try that old leftist tactic of rewriting history to fit your pinko agenda here....it doesn't fly......... :P

PS none this has to do the original post but the evolution of the testing system does and a FYI.... a TEA/UIL committee is beginning the process of making major changes to competition calendar to decrease interference between testing and contests (academic and athletic)

It's about time......this has been happening for years, now......

TABS, TEAMS, TAAS was nothing the monster STAAR is. Bock is right. Our present legislatures are paying millions to Pearson testing company and our students are suffering because of this.

We can agree on your last statement....however, the debate between Bock, others, and myself is focused on WHEN the standardized testing started and WHO was in power, so no, Bock is NOT right on that......STAAR is worse than all the rest, and the next evolution will be even worse......we'll be talking about THAT in 10 years......and nothing will be done about it because of all the $$$ involved.....nothing will be done about it because liberals blame republicans for it and conservatives blame dims for it while neither is willing to admit that BOTH of the "parties" are benefiting financially from it......

Pearson is where the money is being paid. Let's talk about the money wasted when the decision was made to cut back from 15 test to only 5 in high school.

How much of what was "lost" is now lining the pockets of the Pearson executives and their legislative partners of BOTH parties would be an even better discussion.....

and just WHO brought about TABS??? then TEAMS???? DIMS.....W wasn't even around until TAAS....my point being you are blaming w for building on what was started by dims, which goes to prove my point in the political forum that he was just as liberal as the dims, but that's another topic.........anyway, don't try that old leftist tactic of rewriting history to fit your pinko agenda here....it doesn't fly......... :P

no...i blame Kress and Bush for the fifteen EOc tests and the apex of the testing craze, I don't disagree with ya on the start in late 80's...

if I remember my timeline...I was in the fist class of college graduates that had to pass a standardized test to have a job...ExCET i think

"EYE" two wuz home skouled.

jest mee and mom

"EYE" gratuated valaviktoriun.

STARR testing to me is a joke.

Kids are taught to take a test. They become robots answering programmed questions.

Kids rely on teachers to give the correct answers, they can't think for themselves and when they do earn a diploma, reality slaps the hell out of them and they struggle in real life.

Teach the kids real world stuff, forget the test (test made by some "god")

Just my take

P.S.- "EYE" wasn't home schooled, nothing wrong with home schooled, just having a little fun