The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Midnighted08

Maud vs. UG

Maud is best suited for a three games series.... They have 2 above average pitchers and a couple more really good ones!!! How does union grove look on pitching depth?

UG has 2 decent pitchers that are capable to shut a team down. Maud beat Hawkins 5-0 with 4 runs coming off 2 errors in the first inning. UG won 3-2 then 9-1 against Sulfur Bluff this past week.

Maud has one pitcher that is very unique... He throws in the80's, but you will never see another windup like his....it's hard to adjust to....

Maud has one pitcher that is very unique... He throws in the80's, but you will never see another windup like his....it's hard to adjust to....

Why is this being played out of state?

Curious about this as well! UIL shouldn't allow out of state playoff locations in any sport

There were several series this past weekend from texas played there... Not sure why thy are allowing it out of state unless maybe because lack of playable fields right now

Why is this being played out of state?

Centenary has a turf infield. I imagine with the predicted rain, they just decided to go ahead and schedule there.

Coach Sanders has done a good job scheduling some tough larger school competition throughout the year to help get this team ready to play in these type of ballgames. I believe the Cardinals will come with their A game.

I know Coach Sanders will have the kids ready to go also. I am gonna go with the Cards, but I'm kind of a homer!!

Go Cards

I'm going with Maud. They have arguably the best pitcher in East Texas on their team.

He pitched a 20 strikeout game against another team that is still in the playoffs "saying that to show he did it against a quality opponent. "

Even though the Lions are my neighbors, I have to root for my cousin and go with Maud. Their pitching is outstanding and I really can't see this series going to three games.