West Sabine vs. Harleton: Who Takes It and Why?

WStiger96

West Sabine is coming off a grueling 3 game series with Colmesneil and Harleton just swept out Bowie. I will be the first one to tell you I know nothing about Harleton and what they have or don't have, but any team that gets this deep in the playoffs has to be a quality team. I think it will be an interesting series. Thoughts? Comments?

Harleton is a solid group.....competitive pitching, good sticks all the way through the line-up and well coached. They make the play they are supposed to make and don't beat themselves. Kind of remind me of the way they play football......hard nosed and blue collar. Don't know anything about West Sabine.....other than that anybody left at this point in the playoffs will be quality.

Harleton is a solid group.....competitive pitching, good sticks all the way through the line-up and well coached. They make the play they are supposed to make and don't beat themselves. Kind of remind me of the way they play football......hard nosed and blue collar. Don't know anything about West Sabine.....other than that anybody left at this point in the playoffs will be quality.

West Sabine plays the same way: hard nosed and fundamentally sound. The pitching performances against Colmesneil were an aberration compared to the rest of the season. 1-9 can swing it as well, with no easy outs up and down the lineup. Should be a good series.

To tell you the truth...they really didn't look hard nose and blue collar in football last year!

I don't know anything about Harleton......

I do know that West Sabine just won a best 2 of 3 three series against a team that the week previous knocked off the #1 ranked team in the state in AA and a team that had peaked at the right time. Colmesniel was a much better team in late May than they were in April during district play. They hit the ball 1-9 and hit it well. West Sabine made too many errors in this series and too many mistakes on the bases. Cut the errors and base running gafs and I believe that WS will be an extremely tough out for any other team. Pitching is deep, batting 1-9 is good, lots of speed.......... I'm ready for this series!! I hope the weather does not play a factor and good luck to both teams! I'm glad that this game is in Gary, I hope to see Doomer and Shaunda there but I hope that neither are working the concession stand!!!! I like beef hamburgers at baseball games, not smoked possum!!!

And since when has SA been known as hard nosed or blue collar?

Enough to knock that Harleton club out of the playoffs this football season. Check your facts before you start running your mouth! Thanks for your two cents! ;)

My opinion and a dollar can get you a fountain drink at the local gas station.

What gas station? Everyone I go in the fountain drinks are $1.29 and up. Except Joaquin Quik Stop. A 20 gallon fuel purchase there gets you a free 20 oz. drink.

Harleton is a very good team! After Colmesneil I didnt think we would see another team that hit the ball as good as they did, but Harleton put on a hitting clinic last night. West Sabine has not played a clean game of baseball in the playoffs so far and if they are wishing to proceed any further the only way to do that is to play to perfection. Harleton is not a team that you can overcome mistakes and finish the game with a win!! Congrats on the game one win Harleton, hopefully the weather will allow for this series to be completed.