First Triple Crown Winner since 1978

American Pharoah was dominant today, and took the third leg. I thought the drought had lasted way too long. Before the race I watched the 1977 Belmont, and todays race was nearly identical to when Seattle Slew won it. If anyone had watched this race they would understand why I despise NASCAR. There is more nervousness, anticipation, uneasiness, and excitement in those three minutes, and it's every race. Being able to wager on the race only provides for more exhilaration. There was a reason that odds on American Pharoah were at 3:5, because all the wagers on him were twice the amount of all the other horses combined. This one special horse. There aren't many horses in the modern age that have gone undefeated for their careers, but I think this one just might.

Zzz Zzz Zzz. I rode a horse around a circle once :)

That's nothing compared to horse racing, it's a whole different level. Those horses average between 36-40 mph, and have reached speeds up to 56 mph in sprints. When you can bet on the races, that makes it even more exciting. The only thing I like about Nascar are the wrecks, but I hate when a horse breaks a leg. It makes Napoleon McCallum and Joe Theismann's injuries look like they only needed band aids.