Joey Gallo

Stoney

What Do You Do With Joey  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with Joey Gallo when Beltre comes back?

• Send him back to AAA
    • Keep him in the bigs

Big question: Do you move one of those bats for pitching? If you did decide, who do you move?

Choo's too expensive to move

Moreland/Fielder have been great at 1B/DH- you don't move them

Hamilton, I don't think you can realistically trade

Martin- what he might bring will it be better than whats on the way in Holland, Perez, possible bullpen help ala Uehara, Adams

Beltre- still got it at 3B, main RH bat in a lefty heavy lineup, $18m next year

Gallo- Only moving he's doing would be to AAA

DeShields- He's what Andrus could/should be at the top of the lineup

Before the season started I had Beltre pegged to be gone by the trade deadline for some nice young potential....but that was when I thought we'd possibly be rebuilding. The Rangers have surpassed all expectations and dealing Beltre at this point seems stupid, even if he will be dragging in 18 mil next year. Yep, Choo at that kinda price, aint nobody gonna bite. DeSheilds has too much upside. And to be honest, if he wasn't rule 5, we wouldnt even know what he could do right now, he'd be in AAA with the rest of the young'ens. We couldn't trade a Hamilton jersey much less Hamilton, lol. I think he's right where he needs to be and hopefully he realizes it and stays on the wagon this time. Moreland/Fielder, yep....not an option. So I'm with you...if I'm moving somebody it would be Martin and maybe a middle of the road prospect or 2, or at least see what I could get for them. I don't see us getting a pitcher in a trade to be honest, unless they do fork up Beltre but I dont think they will being in the hunt.

Martin had me fooled too. Really underperformed. Trading Martin & sticking Hamilton in CF would be at the worst a wash, potentially huge depending on Good Josh/Bad Josh. He's almost got to be the one that goes.

I don't think moving Beltre is even an option at this point with being in the playoff hunt. If this was a true, legitimate rebuild year he'd almost be gone.

Wandy, Nick Martinez, Chi Chi, Gallardo and the Bionic Man himself have been superb. Who does Holland bump? Perez? Do you trot out the 6 man rotation?

Tolleson has been pretty good closing. Kela getting the ball to him. Ohlendorf still has something in the tank. Scheppers is still trying to come back. Bass is your typical long relief guy. Neftali is still chasing the ghosts from 2011. Detwiler has come out of the pen in Washington.

Martin had me fooled too. Really underperformed. Trading Martin & sticking Hamilton in CF would be at the worst a wash, potentially huge depending on Good Josh/Bad Josh. He's almost got to be the one that goes.

I don't think moving Beltre is even an option at this point with being in the playoff hunt. If this was a true, legitimate rebuild year he'd almost be gone.

Wandy, Nick Martinez, Chi Chi, Gallardo and the Bionic Man himself have been superb. Who does Holland bump? Perez? Do you trot out the 6 man rotation?

Tolleson has been pretty good closing. Kela getting the ball to him. Ohlendorf still has something in the tank. Scheppers is still trying to come back. Bass is your typical long relief guy. Neftali is still chasing the ghosts from 2011. Detwiler has come out of the pen in Washington.

Break the mold! 7 man rotation!

As good as Gallo is going to be, it looks like the original statement when they brought him up is probably best for him/us. Bring him up, get him some playing time and see what he needs to work on, when Beltre comes back let him go back to AAA to work on the things he realized he is short on. His BA is down to .224, and for whatever reason (nerves?) everytime he throws to 1st you hold your breath and hope for the best. He is agile to be so big and runs down balls in foul territory and runs the bases very well. Deshields' injury probably bought him a little more time, but if he goes back to Round Rock and irons out his defense and works on batting for a little better average, everyone will be the better for it in the future.

I don't think we can count on Josh being the answer in CF, because he is always hurt. Rangers' mgtmt will be working overtime trying to figure out how to make it work with pitchers and position players getting healthy. You just have to trust they will figure it out. These are the same guys that picked up Wandy for a sack of peanuts and grabbed Deshields.

If you haven't heard Vin Scully's call on that HR it's worth a hear. One of the all time great baseball voices.

That was possibly the best part of the whole series was getting hear scully talk about the Rangers. He had a classic little stretch about rougned odor and his brother, rougned.

• 2 weeks later...