DCTF 3A D2 Top 20

Wild74

Very True Mufasa78.... Like my old high school coach once said; When you throw the football 3 things can happen and 2 of them are BAD !!!! So if your averaging 6 to 7 yards per carry why do it.. Your moving the chains and controlling the clock.. But in saying that I do believe it is better if you can throw the ball when needed to be a little more balanced. Because when you get 3 to 4 rounds deep in playoffs you will have those teams that can limit your rushing attack and you need to be able to go to the passing game some to soften the Defense... Just my opinion for what its worth..

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As one of the smallest 3a schools Garrison will have a hard time regaining their glory days. Good athletes still in the program but the style change when they went to the spread really hurt them. Its just not Garrison football anymore.

Garrison really needs to drop down to 2A. They just don't have the numbers to compete with the top tier teams in 3A year in and year out ...

Garrison really needs to drop down to 2A. They just don't have the numbers to compete with the top tier teams in 3A year in and year out ...

I know Waskom will have their largest high school classes in history this year with about 310, that is a big jump from 255...

Garrison has accepted a lot of transfers from Timpson in the past and has even turned in inflated numbers according to some people I know ... because they didn't want to play down in class. If you have the numbers and athletes to do it fine, but some years the well runs dry and you need to play with schools your size. We have always competed with many of the much larger schools and even won a state championship, but sooner or later the numbers catch up with you ...

Heck no it isn't. We could have been great if the coaches opened up the play book. Instead we we just good. Glad these kids get to play for coaches not stuck in the stone ages.

The slot t has kept Pewitt relevant with their lack of talent in the past 10 years. That's why so many schools with the same talent levels have went to the slot t. Hope Pewitt can compete because I'm a brahma but it's not going to happen for several years. If they win more than 2 games this year I will be shocked. Just being a realist.

Very True Mufasa78.... Like my old high school coach once said; When you throw the football 3 things can happen and 2 of them are BAD !!!! So if your averaging 6 to 7 yards per carry why do it.. Your moving the chains and controlling the clock.. But in saying that I do believe it is better if you can throw the ball when needed to be a little more balanced. Because when you get 3 to 4 rounds deep in playoffs you will have those teams that can limit your rushing attack and you need to be able to go to the passing game some to soften the Defense... Just my opinion for what its worth..

+1,000,000

8-3A is good, but Arp and Waskom won't finish in the top 10. The real District of Doom is 16-5A. #3 Ennis (current SC), #8 JT, & #9 Lufkin, plus Whitehouse, Nac, Corsicana. JVille might surprise some folks with Coleman there from Gilmer.

I think in 3A Div II this could be considered the district of doom.

Heck no it isn't. We could have been great if the coaches opened up the play book. Instead we we just good. Glad these kids get to play for coaches not stuck in the stone ages.

Wow, showing true colors there. I'm pretty sure with that slot t and even going back to the wing t pewitt won a lot of games. A few state runs as well. Can't believe I'm saying this but Lombardi is right. The slot t has kept pewitt relevant for the past few years. If you don't have the athletes to run the spread it is very difficult to run. I want to know what speed you're talking about. Went to a few track meets and never saw the boys compete in anything. I can't remember if they even had relay teams. Slot t did wonders for pewitt and now you guys who tell them to throw it more and open it up is about to get what you asked for. Like Lombardi said, I'll be surprised if they win more than 2 games.

I bet the coaches still keep it a run first offense. If they do throw it, it will be short quick passes. Pewitt doesn't have any separation speed that I know of like Slaphands was talking about. I said it for years that the Slot T hid a lot of weaknesses.

I bet the coaches still keep it a run first offense. If they do throw it, it will be short quick passes. Pewitt doesn't have any separation speed that I know of like Slaphands was talking about. I said it for years that the Slot T hid a lot of weaknesses.

Even if they do keep it run first they are getting the handoff 4 yards deep instead of at the line of scrimmage. Turns those 4.8 backs into what they are, 4.8 backs!! Hard to complete short passes when everyone mans all your guys up outside and brings the house. Who's going to be the receiver that can stretch the field to loosen them up? In the past the opposing team was loosened up because they had to come downhill and hit someone on every play. People get tired of that.