Winnsboro's football program

BigRedFan

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Boston will not be very good. Winnsboro will beat them.

If NB's R.B. from last year, that scored the majority of touchdowns, stays with the team our offense should be OK.

It remains to be seen how well the 1st year Varsity starters on both sides of the ball will respond.

Guest 4to3

I don't wish that schedule on any 3A team.

Agree. I believe after next year's realignment and we go down to AAAD2, I think perhaps we will see a different non-d schedule.

Guest 4to3

4to3??

Are you still losing enrollment? Where are your kids going?

Yes. We were at D2 enrollment numbers before last year's season was over. Been a continual decline for many years now.

Hard to say where they are going.

11539781_890690344352491_644695494192191

Agree. I believe after next year's realignment and we go down to AAAD2, I think perhaps we will see a different non-d schedule.

I believe a school 6 miles South East of y'all could go up and y'all go down! Switching places in districts is the way I see it panning out

Looks like our competition may have been short lived.

Perhaps a non-district game is in the works for 2016 and 17. Course all depends on our snapshot number this fall and the UIL cutoffs.

I believe a school 6 miles South East of y'all could go up and y'all go down! Switching places in districts is the way I see it panning out

That's the consensus.

• 1 month later...

I want to be wrong but lets see what the overall results and effects of the first five are....Gladewater, Malakoff, Atlanta, Gilmer, Henderson.

I still can't believe Daingerfield Coach made that non district schedule that makes no sense

I still can't believe Daingerfield Coach made that non district schedule that makes no sense.

Something about our history perhaps.

I remember Bowman had a difficult time filling one date for the 2010 championship year. No one around NETX would schedule. It was eventually filled with Bruceville-Eddy, southwest of Waco. It was a two year gig with them and had to meet them in Corsicana. Not sure why that was unless at the time the back to back championships had something to do with it.

Perhaps the same for the 2014 and the current season. I'm looking forward to a different non-d schdeule for 2016 and 2017. With the almost certain realignment to AAADII for us, I think we will see a change. With the current enrollment trend , we very well could one day be a AA school.

Mv is a young team again this year and I think it's going to take Meeks a year or so to get these boys where they need to be. I played for Meeks when I was in school and if he is anything like he use to be he will get this program turned around in a couple years. That is saying the the school board doesn't run him off

Mv is a young team again this year and I think it's going to take Meeks a year or so to get these boys where they need to be. I played for Meeks when I was in school and if he is anything like he use to be he will get this program turned around in a couple years. That is saying the the school board doesn't run him off

• 4 weeks later...

My preseason picks are in this order:

Winnsboro

Mt. Vernon

New Boston

Redwater

I'm staying put with the Raiders. Move Prairiland to the 2nd spot, 3 and 4 either RW or Dfield.