Cole Hamels & The National Media....

Stoney

are cranking up the Phillies/Rangers wacky tabaccy, frog licking trade talks AGAIN.

Rangers DO NOT need to make this deal. They can not make this deal. They will not make this deal.

You have a crowded rotation pre- & post injuries to Holland, Darvish and Perez. True they don't have a ace but do you really need one when winning the AL West is more likely than the pennant? IMHO no.

The cost of Hamels is not beneficial to this teams immediate future. Which prospects are you giving up? Chi Chi, Gallo, Alfaro- no. The next wave of pitching talent? The future OF with Mazara & Williams? No, no, heck no.

Trade Loenys Martin. Trade the lesser minor leagues. Get bullpen help.

As far as I know, the Astros have thankfully backed out of that market. Costs waaaay too much for what you are getting in return.

I'm more of a hold on to your prospects type anyways. Don't like seeing them trade any part of the long term plan for a short term fix...

Hamel's said he would reject a trade to the Astros. Rangers need bullpen help. Kela and Tolleson are about the only one's I'm comfortable with. Edwards has a lot of trouble throwing strikes. Freeman is hit or miss, looked awesome in LA against the Dodgers then couldn't throw a strike in Chicago. Detwiler should've been gone a long time ago. Maybe we can find a sucker out there and get rid of Elvis and his ridiculous contract.

JD has to fix the pen. If he had left Scheppers, Ogando, Ross & maybe(Game 6?) Feliz alone this could have been a team weapon for years. Don't turn one pitch relievers into starters. CJ Wilson was the exception, not the rule.