7-3A D2 Football '15

M4L ya'll expecting a good season this year?

Youth will have a big impact this year I believe for HS.... Good class of sophomores, mixed with juniors and seniors will make for a promising group of young men...

I think we will have a good season, not quite sure how good though, ask me again after our 5 non-district games

Youth will have a big impact this year I believe for HS.... Good class of sophomores, mixed with juniors and seniors will make for a promising group of young men...

I think we will have a good season, not quite sure how good though, ask me again after our 5 non-district games

What's good for the goose is good for the gander, give us a prediction NOW like you called Horns out on!

Looking at the Mustangs schedule, I predict 8-2

When you say QC is in a tail spin, what exactly do you mean? First hand knowledge or just wishful thinking? I think they could surprise a few people.

Tail spin cause of the coaching carousel, new Administration, and nosy school board who wont give coaches a chance. If i am not mistaken, QC returns l2-13 seniors from last year. All will come down to leadership and if the new AD can right the ship.

Coaches poll came out. Interesting that Pewitt was ranked only behind Hughes Springs. Maybe they know something that all of the others don't?

Rank Team 2014
Record
Points Prev 1 Arp (2) 9-2-0 36 NR 2 Elysian Fields 8-4-0 34 NR 3 Waskom (1) 15-1-0 30 NR 4 Gunter (1) 12-2-0 27 NR 5 Leonard 9-2-0 22 NR 6 Hughes Springs 8-4-0 19 NR 7 Howe 7-6-0 14 NR 8 Omaha Pewitt 3-8-0 10 NR 9 Lone Oak 9-2-0 8 NR 10 Hooks 8-3-0 7 NR

Others receiving votes: Cooper 4; Frankston 3; Alba-Golden 2; Troup 2; Edgewood 1; Sadler S & S Consolidated 1.

Coaches poll came out. Interesting that Pewitt was ranked only behind Hughes Springs. Maybe they know something that all of the others don't?

Rank Team 2014

Record Points Prev 1 Arp (2) 9-2-0 36 NR 2 Elysian Fields 8-4-0 34 NR 3 Waskom (1) 15-1-0 30 NR 4 Gunter (1) 12-2-0 27 NR 5 Leonard 9-2-0 22 NR 6 Hughes Springs 8-4-0 19 NR 7 Howe 7-6-0 14 NR 8 Omaha Pewitt 3-8-0 10 NR 9 Lone Oak 9-2-0 8 NR 10 Hooks 8-3-0 7 NR

Others receiving votes: Cooper 4; Frankston 3; Alba-Golden 2; Troup 2; Edgewood 1; Sadler S & S Consolidated 1.

Not many good 3a div II schools in east Texas is probably more of what they know.

Seen pics of helmet and uniform on facebook. Looking good! We are about to get this thing started. Going to be busy for a while. I will check back in and make sure the crow is served to all of you who doubt Pewitt. If Coach Edwards can turn around HS, ( and make no mistake, we abused HS when I played), why cant Coach Gentry turn Pewitt around? At least he has some tradition to work with. Edwards has had to create tradition and still aint sniffed the air past the 3rd round.

Seen pics of helmet and uniform on facebook. Looking good! We are about to get this thing started. Going to be busy for a while. I will check back in and make sure the crow is served to all of you who doubt Pewitt. If Coach Edwards can turn around HS, ( and make no mistake, we abused HS when I played), why cant Coach Gentry turn Pewitt around? At least he has some tradition to work with. Edwards has had to create tradition and still aint sniffed the air past the 3rd round.

We abused HS when I played..... Im all warm and fuzzy inside .... you abused HS.....wow..... does that get you a free cup of coffee there in Omaha or Naples???? SMH,

Ed has created a tradition, thats right.... been to the playoffs regularly for the last what 5 or 6 years.... You old dudes who think so bad about HS and how you abused them.... So tell me why is everyone from PP leaving??? is that a tradition??? Cause that has been happening for the last 5 to 6 years....

HS won't be eating any crow this year from PP.... Just do everyone a favor there at PP and don't poke the bear again this year.... The burning Mustang was about as tasteless as that crow yall will eat thinking ya can stay on the same field as HS.

mic. Drop.

OUT

We abused HS when I played..... Im all warm and fuzzy inside .... you abused HS.....wow..... does that get you a free cup of coffee there in Omaha or Naples???? SMH,

Ed has created a tradition, thats right.... been to the playoffs regularly for the last what 5 or 6 years.... You old dudes who think so bad about HS and how you abused them.... So tell me why is everyone from PP leaving??? is that a tradition??? Cause that has been happening for the last 5 to 6 years....

HS won't be eating any crow this year from PP.... Just do everyone a favor there at PP and don't poke the bear again this year.... The burning Mustang was about as tasteless as that crow yall will eat thinking ya can stay on the same field as HS.

mic. Drop.

OUT

Beating HS has never been as big a deal at Pewitt as beating Pewitt is at HS. The reason why people have left Pewitt in the past has been to do better things with their lives than just sit around hoping Lone Star Steel doesn't lay them off around Christmas time. HS football is not the reason why people are leaving Pewitt. Maybe to play baseball but not football. Pewitt doesn't have the same talent they had in the 90's and early 2000's. I believe the Porter kids are the only ones from the last couple teams that were kids from someone that played on the successful 90's teams. If you look at Daingerfield you see the same last names from years ago on the teams that have been successful lately. Times change, people change at schools. Pewitt doesn't have the same type talent coming through as they used to. Now the community is blind to how successful they have been with average talent for the last several years and wanted a spread guy. Well the school that copied Pewitt with their offense is HS. Makes a lot of sense to me.

Am not an expert on Pewitt, but I know they have the the same demographics as gilmer so the spread could work there. With that said they were always good with their ground and pound. I always thought Pewitt could be a consistent 10 game a year winner.

Beating HS has never been as big a deal at Pewitt as beating Pewitt is at HS. The reason why people have left Pewitt in the past has been to do better things with their lives than just sit around hoping Lone Star Steel doesn't lay them off around Christmas time. HS football is not the reason why people are leaving Pewitt. Maybe to play baseball but not football. Pewitt doesn't have the same talent they had in the 90's and early 2000's. I believe the Porter kids are the only ones from the last couple teams that were kids from someone that played on the successful 90's teams. If you look at Daingerfield you see the same last names from years ago on the teams that have been successful lately. Times change, people change at schools. Pewitt doesn't have the same type talent coming through as they used to. Now the community is blind to how successful they have been with average talent for the last several years and wanted a spread guy. Well the school that copied Pewitt with their offense is HS. Makes a lot of sense to me.

Wasnt trying to imply they were leaving to play football at HS, was simply inquiring as to why!

Nothing ofcourse was mentioned on your comment expect for the people leaving comment...

so if its never been a big deal to PP to beat HS..... Why did the bonfire have a mustang in it?? seems to me someone there thinks its a big deal to get the HS town or team fired up!! Not a big deal to beat HS why then are tensions and tempers so high when the teams play eachother?? Baseball, BASKETBALL, and football?? enlighten me....

Wasnt trying to imply they were leaving to play football at HS, was simply inquiring as to why!

Nothing ofcourse was mentioned on your comment expect for the people leaving comment...

so if its never been a big deal to PP to beat HS..... Why did the bonfire have a mustang in it?? seems to me someone there thinks its a big deal to get the HS town or team fired up!! Not a big deal to beat HS why then are tensions and tempers so high when the teams play eachother?? Baseball, BASKETBALL, and football?? enlighten me....

I'm guessing tempers are high because as you say so many people have moved there. That would cause tension in the past few years I would say. In the mid 90's to the mid 2000's it was no big deal at Pewitt because no one left to go to HS. Of course when it's one sided in wins and losses it makes it old hat. Pewitt looked at Daingerfield as the mountain they couldn't conquer. HS looked at Pewitt like that. Changing now for sure though!