Teams have started work outs and such so time to move from pre-season talk to regular season/post season talk.

Sulphur Springs report: http://www.myssnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=30001:wildcats-look-for-improvement&catid=89:local-sports&Itemid=377

Hallsville report: http://www.etvarsity.com/news/2015/aug/06/et-football-hallsville-bobcats-looking-forward-to-/

15-5A scrimmages:

08/14 - Hallsville vs Gilmer

08/14 - Sulphur Springs vs Liberty Eylau

08/21 - Greenville at Dallas Seagoville

08/21 - Hallsville vs Lindale

08/21 - Longview vs Ennis

08/21 - Marshall vs Tyler Lee

08/21 - Mount Pleasant at John Tyler

08/21 - Pine Tree at Gladewater

08/21 - Sulphur Springs at Royse City

Week One games:

08/28 - Longview vs Lufkin

08/28 - Hallsville at Cathage

08/28 - Greenville vs North Garland

08/28 - Marshall at Royse City

08/28 - Mount Pleasant at Paris

08/28 - Pine Tree vs Jacksonville

08/28 - Sulphur Springs vs Rockwall Heath

08/28 - Texas High at Whitehouse

Heading into last year (the last couple of years, actually), our goal was simply to win a game. A. Game. With that finally accomplished in 2014, we can finally start to aim higher in 2015. Our goals are to continue to improve and possibly contend for the last playoff spot this year. (We don't have to make it, but we want to at least make the attempt.) Ultimately, depending on how realignment goes for us, we'd like to be a playoff team again by 2017. It's a slow progress, but at least there IS progress, for the first time this decade. (Obviously, I don't speak for the players, who want to go 16-0 and win state every year :), but this seems like a realistic goal for us.)

So the Dallas Morning news made their predictions for 15-5A and 16-5A.

Longview

9-3

Marshall

7-5

Tex. Texas High

7-4

Hallsville

6-4

Sulphur Springs

5-6

Greenville

4-6

Longview Pine Tree

1-9

Mount Pleasant

0-10

Longview has reached at least the second round of the playoffs the last nine seasons. After winning every district game by at least 14 points a year ago, Longview should win another district title and have a shot for a long playoff run.

District 16-5A

Rk.

School

Rec.

Ennis

14-2

Tyler John Tyler

12-3

Lufkin

6-5

Nacogdoches

7-4

Whitehouse

5-5

Corsicana

3-7

Lindale

3-7

Jacksonville

4-6

Ennis won the 5A Division II state championship and John Tyler reached the 5A Division I state semifinals. Both teams lost a lot of talent, but their game on Oct. 16 in Tyler should decide the district title.

SOOOOO...... with those predictions..... Longview gets Lufkin in the first round in another rematch. Marshall would get Nac again in a rematch. Hallsville would get Ennis, and Texas High would get JT again.

I'm not sold on us being #2 just yet. I hope so! But..... we have to prove it. And I'm not sure about Nac yet. They sure lost a lot. I could see Corsicana maybe sneaking into that slot.

Could be interesting though.

UGH..... that did not copy and paste well. Sorry guys.

So the Dallas Morning news made their predictions for 15-5A and 16-5A.

Longview

9-3

Marshall

7-5

Tex. Texas High

7-4

Hallsville

6-4

Sulphur Springs

5-6

Greenville

4-6

Longview Pine Tree

1-9

Mount Pleasant

0-10

Longview has reached at least the second round of the playoffs the last nine seasons. After winning every district game by at least 14 points a year ago, Longview should win another district title and have a shot for a long playoff run. District 16-5A

Rk.

School

Rec.

Ennis

14-2

Tyler John Tyler

12-3

Lufkin

6-5

Nacogdoches

7-4

Whitehouse

5-5

Corsicana

3-7

Lindale

3-7

Jacksonville

4-6

Ennis won the 5A Division II state championship and John Tyler reached the 5A Division I state semifinals. Both teams lost a lot of talent, but their game on Oct. 16 in Tyler should decide the district title.

SOOOOO...... with those predictions..... Longview gets Lufkin in the first round in another rematch. Marshall would get Nac again in a rematch. Hallsville would get Ennis, and Texas High would get JT again.

I'm not sold on us being #2 just yet. I hope so! But..... we have to prove it. And I'm not sure about Nac yet. They sure lost a lot. I could see Corsicana maybe sneaking into that slot.

Could be interesting though.

UGH..... that did not copy and paste well. Sorry guys.

DMN doesn't know anything about ETX fb... they just pick based on history.

as many people from marshall that get on here and talk about how much yall have improved yall have at least convinced me. and while i do believe yall will be better yall still have to come to grimm this yr, and i think thats the difference in t-high finishing 2nd and not marshall.

i think everyone knows that this district is a battle for second. i would like to see texas high win its district but realistically i dont see it happening. i should also probably clarify i am not a texas high "fan", im just from from texarkana.

as many people from marshall that get on here and talk about how much yall have improved yall have at least convinced me. and while i do believe yall will be better yall still have to come to grimm this yr, and i think thats the difference in t-high finishing 2nd and not marshall.

It's easy to pick Texas High the same way DMN normally would...

But if you follow Marshall threads, then you would notice that no one is shouting for 2nd in the district. But no one is ruling it out either...

Yes.... I think everyone thinks we will be improved. but.....

I've yet to see a Marshall fan pick above 3rd place all spring.

We haven't been competitive with Longview in years.

And we haven't beaten TxH with any consistency......

So yeah.... a 2nd place prediction does surprise most of us.

^^^^finishing 2nd??? What the hell type of mentality is that???

Lol.

Can't win with you Longview folks.

If we discuss anything less than Longview being a 60 point favorite over everyone in the district we get razzed for not bowing down properly but if we realistically discuss our placement we get razzed for not thinking like a champion.