We played Texas High at Grimm last year and it was a 10-10 tie at the end of regulation. And we were not very good at all last year. In all honesty.... Gilmer and Gladewater would have slaughtered them, and Henderson would have beaten them too.

lol.

Gladewater just now comes into relevance..now all of a sudden they too can play in 5A.

I hate East Texas man.

Pretty soon, these clowns will be saying Mineola can beat Longview. Surprised no one has said it already...

I hate East Texas man.

Why all the hate? You were prolly one of those guys that grew up with big aspirations of how you were going to move off to the big city first chance. As soon as you got where you were going you forgot where you came from, and looked down your nose at people from your region. I can see it now. You know the funny thing is, is after all that time your posting like crazy on a freaking 90% East Texas high school message board!! Hahaha. Dude the joke is on you.

JUNIOR VARSITY -

08/27 - Longview 26, Lufkin 19; Texas High 23, Whitehouse 18; Royse City 14 Marshall 0; Mount Pleasant 8, Paris 0; Greenville 20, North Garland 20

Longview (1-0), Texas High (1-0), Mount Pleasant (1-0), Greenville (0-0-1), Marshall (0-1)

FRESHMEN -

08/27 - Longview 44, Lufkin 22; Texas High 28, Whitehouse 0; Marshall 36, Royse City 13; Mount Pleasant 32, Paris 6

Longview (1-0), Texas High (1-0), Marshall (1-0), Mount Pleasant (1-0)

Any other 15-5A sub-varsity scores to report??

Why all the hate? You were prolly one of those guys that grew up with big aspirations of how you were going to move off to the big city first chance. As soon as you got where you were going you forgot where you came from, and looked down your nose at people from your region. I can see it now. You know the funny thing is, is after all that time your posting like crazy on a freaking 90% East Texas high school message board!! Hahaha. Dude the joke is on you.

You small town folk, don't know anything about us big city country folk!

For what it's worth, the Banner picked today to give out some info about last week's scrimmage. Greenville pitched a shutout, winning 2 touchdowns to 0. GVL had a third TD, but the Lions' read-option fake on that play worked too well and faked out the refs as well, causing an inadvertent whistle. Both TDs came via our starting RB Carandal Hale, including a 70-yarder.

(Entering Brand Awareness mode)

If you've got the smartphone app "TuneIn Radio" (it's free), search for "Friendlee", and click on the radio station that pops up (Friendlee 1400...Texans, Legends and Outlaws.) Our radio feed (with play-by-play by a friend of mine, Kyle Crumpton) is on that station, and with that app, you can listen to it anywhere.

Also, I'm scoring the game personally over on MaxPreps. Follow along here.

(End shameless plug mode)

Final: Greenville 21, North Garland 14. Holy cow, did we play some defense. We only gave up two big plays, but we have finally learned how to tackle.

Our RB Carandal Hale, #21...keep an eye on him, he's going places. His last two runs of the night went for a combined 94 yards and two touchdowns. (Wild last five minutes, where we'd hit a long TD run, then NG hit an 80-yard TD pass (one of the aforementioned two big plays), then we got the ball back and Hale just smoked everybody down the line on the first play after that.)

Other than that, we couldn't get on track offensively. We were so focused on not being one-dimensional, that we blundered our way into some turnovers. Hopefully it's just a first-game thing and those will get cleaned up.

North Garland came to play tonight, give them credit. They are gonna beat somebody this year and break their streak. Just glad it wasn't against us.

LOL. Carthage would run through 5A alright....5A in Kansas.

Practice man, you talking about practice? You really don't have a clue. You can think what you want. If you knew Surratt, and how he coached that game last night you would understand. But props to Hallsville. I'm not taking anything away from them. Obviously Carthage wanted to win, but if it was a must win in district it would've been coached very different. Go look at the box score. I know you will comeback with some smart remark about how dumb it is for me to say that Surratt didn't try to necessarily win. Just save it. Btw run through district might have been a poor choice. I never said Carthage stood a chance against the big 3 or 4 in ETX 5a. I said they would compete with the rest, and make the playoffs. So we can end this. Based on the information we have in pre season (which is all we have since we can't play a hypothetical game) Carthage, and every other 4a team would struggle to make the playoffs in 5a year in and year out.

Practice man, you talking about practice? You really don't have a clue. You can think what you want. If you knew Surratt, and how he coached that game last night you would understand. But props to Hallsville. I'm not taking anything away from them. Obviously Carthage wanted to win, but if it was a must win in district it would've been coached very different. Go look at the box score. I know you will comeback with some smart remark about how dumb it is for me to say that Surratt didn't try to necessarily win. Just save it. Btw run through district might have been a poor choice. I never said Carthage stood a chance against the big 3 or 4 in ETX 5a. I said they would compete with the rest, and make the playoffs. So we can end this. Based on the information we have in pre season (which is all we have since we can't play a hypothetical game) Carthage, and every other 4a team would struggle to make the playoffs in 5a year in and year out.

How??? you can't even beat Hallsville. You do know they were the fifth place team last year right? and they may not even make it this season. Nvm....I forgot Carthage turns into the Patriots when playing in district.

How??? you can't even beat Hallsville. You do know they were the fifth place team last year right? and they may not even make it this season. Nvm....I forgot Carthage turns into the Patriots when playing in district.

You are beating a dead horse for no apparent reason. Read the last sentence of the same post.