Lemme see if I see things correctly:

Longview wins at will until the 2nd or 3rd round in which they choke.

Marshall is 3-0 against the School for the Blind, Holy Trinity Girls School, and the Bolivian National team

Hallsville lost to scrub Athens and barely beat scrub Nac

SS can't win without an ineligible player

Texas High will lose most big games but beat Marshall by 40

PT is thinking about golf season. No. Tennis. Nvm.

Greenville is thinking a DFW district would me nice.

MP can't wait till soccer season!!!

PT tennis getting dominated by Longview this year

This post though

Arkansas High out gained us 529-519.

Unreal.

Pitiful.

you can't go by total yards as the mavs had a lot of short fields, add the interception yards to the total. last year texas a&m commerce had this problem with the offense scoring so fast the defense had no time to rest. it was alright against lower level teams but against equal or higher level teams the other team could always keep close and had good chances to win.

you can't go by total yards as the mavs had a lot of short fields, add the interception yards to the total. last year texas a&m commerce had this problem with the offense scoring so fast the defense had no time to rest. it was alright against lower level teams but against equal or higher level teams the other team could always keep close and had good chances to win.

This is a concern IMHO.

I know Arkansas HS played Texas High to a 28-14 game......... but I honestly don't think they are anywhere near as good as Longview (obviously), Hallsville, or even Texas High.

That 56-28 score is an illusion. This was a 7 point game with 9 mins left in the game. It was a 14 point game with 7 mins left. We didn't put them away until late in the fourth.

We didn't put away a poor team IMHO until the 4th.

That's my concern.

Our tackling was HORRENDOUS. Can't count how many times we went for the INT, missed... and gave up 12-15 yards because our defender had made a dive for the INT instead of the tackle. Arm tackling.

All very frustrating...... mainly because I know Hallsville, Longview, and Texarkana are all so much better than AHS IMHO.

Hope we shore it up..... or else we will be fighting for our playoff lives again come November.

Offense has the ability to score on every series. Blocking wasnt as good this game. Trick plays ended up costing us a potential 21 points. We scored all other drives except the holding call and dropped pass. Need to be more physical on both sides of the ball.

Run defense is the main thing that needs to get fixed, and fast. Hallsvilles offense is alot like Ark Highs. We def were very vanilla on offense and defense. Seemed like a scrimmage for us.

Like I said at the beginning of the season not much difference in middle of the pack 4a and 5a in ETX. If anything 4a is a step ahead. Thru 4 weeks 4a ETX leads the series with 5a ETX 9-5. People acted like I was a dummy. Numbers don't lie. Not much to argue. As I said before LV, Lufkin, and JT are way ahead most years, but nobody else. Heck, JT and Lufkin haven't shown anything to write home about this season. Anyway, fire away!

This is a concern IMHO.

I know Arkansas HS played Texas High to a 28-14 game......... but I honestly don't think they are anywhere near as good as Longview (obviously), Hallsville, or even Texas High.

That 56-28 score is an illusion. This was a 7 point game with 9 mins left in the game. It was a 14 point game with 7 mins left. We didn't put them away until late in the fourth.

We didn't put away a poor team IMHO until the 4th.

That's my concern.

Our tackling was HORRENDOUS. Can't count how many times we went for the INT, missed... and gave up 12-15 yards because our defender had made a dive for the INT instead of the tackle. Arm tackling.

All very frustrating...... mainly because I know Hallsville, Longview, and Texarkana are all so much better than AHS IMHO.

Hope we shore it up..... or else we will be fighting for our playoff lives again come November.

The only thing worse than arm tackling is looking at the ground then diving at nothing... That's the NFL DB way...

Like I said at the beginning of the season not much difference in middle of the pack 4a and 5a in ETX. If anything 4a is a step ahead. Thru 4 weeks 4a ETX leads the series with 5a ETX 9-5. People acted like I was a dummy. Numbers don't lie. Not much to argue. As I said before LV, Lufkin, and JT are way ahead most years, but nobody else. Heck, JT and Lufkin haven't shown anything to write home about this season. Anyway, fire away!

This is the definition of trolling..... but I'll play.

I think Marshall beats Carthage.....JMHO.

I drove down and watched Nac beat Carthage last season. Then saw us hang nearly 70 on the Dragons in the playoffs.

Apples and Oranges.

Why does a fan of a 4A school sit around and wonder if they could beat a 5A??? I somehow doubt Longview is sitting around wondering if they could beat Allen or Katy..... nor is Lufkin wondering if they can beat The Woodlands or Cibollo Steele. I haven't heard a Marshall fan mention a 6A school in nearly a decade.

I'm a fan of the smaller schools in East Texas. Been to Carthage, Henderson, Tatum, Kilgore (and other) playoff games.....but I'll never understand the mentality of fans obsessing about the bigger classifications.

VARSITY -
1st. Marshall (3-0, 0-0)
2nd. Hallsville (2-1, 0-0)
3rd. Longview (2-1, 0-0)
4th. Texas High (2-1, 0-0)
5th. Greenville (1-2, 0-0)
6th. Pine Tree (1-2, 0-0)
7th. Sulphur Springs (1-2, 0-0)
8th. Mount Pleasant (0-3, 0-0)

Week 1 - Longview 21, Lufkin 20; Greenville 21, North Garland 14; Hallsville 39, Carthage 38 OT; Marshall 62, Royse City 13; Paris 44, Mount Pleasant 14; Pine Tree 37, Jacksonville 9; Rockwall Heath 43, Sulphur Springs 17; Texas High 48, Whitehouse 20
Week 2 - Longview 31, John Tyler 14; Royse City 60, Greenville 41; Hallsville 23, Nacogdoches 20 OT; Marshall 55, Crandall 7; Liberty-Eylau 49, Mount Pleasant 21; Gilmer 35, Pine Tree 19; Sulphur Springs 20, Sherman 17; Texas High 28, Arkansas High 14
Week 3 - Shreveport Byrd 22, Longview 15; Princeton 31, Greenville 14; Athens 32, Hallsville 13; Jacksonville 41, Mount Pleasant 28; Kilgore 30, Pine Tree 9; Whitehouse 66, Sulphur Springs 21
Week 4 - Marshall 56, Arkansas High 28; Kilgore 21, Texas High 17

JUNIOR VARSITY -
1st. Longview (3-0, 0-0)
2nd. Texas High (3-0, 0-0)
3rd. Mount Pleasant (2-1, 0-0)
4th. Greenville (1-1-1, 0-0)
5th. Hallsville (0-0, 0-0)
6th. Marshall (1-2, 0-0)
7th. Pine Tree (0-1, 0-0)
8th. Sulphur Springs (0-3, 0-0)

08/27 - Longview 26, Lufkin 19; Greenville 20, North Garland 20; Royse City 14 Marshall 0; Mount Pleasant 8, Paris 0; Jacksonville 26, Pine Tree 6; Rockwall Heath 42, Sulphur Springs 7; Texas High 23, Whitehouse 18
09/03 - Longview 36, John Tyler 20; Greenville 19, Royse City 7; Marshall 20, Crandall 0; Liberty-Eylau 36, Mount Pleasant 13; Sherman 20, Sulphur Springs 7; Texas High 27, Arkansas High 22
09/10 - Princeton 16, Greenville 7; Mount Pleasant 36, Jacksonville 30; Whitehouse 31, Sulphur Springs 21
09/17 - Longview 34, Lufkin 14; Marshall 22, Arkansas High 21; Texas High 28, Kilgore 8

FRESHMEN -
1st. Longview (3-0, 0-0)
2nd. Sulphur Springs (3-0, 0-0)
3rd. Texas High (2-0, 0-0)
4th. Greenville (1-0, 0-0)
5th. Mount Pleasant (2-1, 0-0)
6th. Pine Tree (1-1, 0-0)
7th. Hallsville (0-0, 0-0)
8th. Marshall (1-2, 0-0)

08/27 - Longview 44, Lufkin 22; Marshall 36, Royse City 13; Mount Pleasant 32, Paris 6; Pine Tree 18, Jacksonville 6; Sulphur Springs 21, Rockwall Heath 6; Texas High 28, Whitehouse 0
09/03 - Longview 42, John Tyler 16; Crandall 66, Marshall 36; Liberty-Eylau 32, Mount Pleasant 13; Sulphur Springs 29, Sherman 7
09/10 - Greenville 21, Princeton 14; Mount Pleasant 12, Jacksonville 0; Kilgore 35, Pine Tree 14; Sulphur Springs 56, Whitehouse 41
09/17 - Longview 39, Lufkin 6; Gilmer 40, Marshall 20; Texas High 36, Kilgore 22

People acted like I was a dummy.

That's because you are....much like most of the small school fans in ET.

Only in ET do yall think such foolishness. Navasota fans don't go around talking about how much they would torch The Woodlands or any other successful GHA big school. You never hear Argyle fans blasting their mouths about what they would do to Coppell or any other successful DFW big school.

East Texas man...

District starts this week -

Pine Tree @ Longview

Hallsville @ Marshall

Sulphur Springs @ Texas High

Greenville @ Mount Pleasant

Picks?

Longview....... by as many as they desire.

Marshall..........by 4. Hope it's by more.... but after last night....smh.

Texas High by 14

Greenville by 10

That's because you are....much like most of the small school fans in ET.

Only in ET do yall think such foolishness. Navasota fans don't go around talking about how much they would torch The Woodlands or any other successful GHA big school. You never hear Argyle fans blasting their mouths about what they would do to Coppell or any other successful DFW big school.

East Texas man...

Nobody in East Texas, at Carthage, or any other schools saying they would blast Longview, JT or Lufkin. Why would Navasota play The Woodlands or Argyle play Coppell? That's way off base of the conversation. What I said is that the 5a schools are not any better than the 4a schools with the exception of the big 3. That was my original comment you guys blasted me on, and I was so right its not even funny. Look at the numbers. You guys were wrong, period.

This is the definition of trolling..... but I'll play.

I think Marshall beats Carthage.....JMHO.

I drove down and watched Nac beat Carthage last season. Then saw us hang nearly 70 on the Dragons in the playoffs.

Apples and Oranges.

Why does a fan of a 4A school sit around and wonder if they could beat a 5A??? I somehow doubt Longview is sitting around wondering if they could beat Allen or Katy..... nor is Lufkin wondering if they can beat The Woodlands or Cibollo Steele. I haven't heard a Marshall fan mention a 6A school in nearly a decade.

I'm a fan of the smaller schools in East Texas. Been to Carthage, Henderson, Tatum, Kilgore (and other) playoff games.....but I'll never understand the mentality of fans obsessing about the bigger classifications.

Its not any kind of obsession. I made a comment before the season, and the "big school" fans said I was an idiot. After 4 weeks I am just reminding posters than its very obvious that I was right in my statements. If you can see that its just denial. Marshall might blow the doors off of Carthage. I don't care. Based off how LE put up 800 yards on AHS, looks like they would beat the brakes off of Marshall. But that's comparing common opponents, so nothing but speculation. I just thought I would come back to this thread with facts since the 4a vs 5a games are done for the season.

To be honest IMO...YOU can label Nac Hallsville SS PT MP Jacks etc 5a teams all you want...but underneath they will always be 4a. And I don't care how down JT is right now but if them and Carthage played next week I'm taking JT bY 20

To be honest IMO...YOU can label Nac Hallsville SS PT MP Jacks etc 5a teams all you want...but underneath they will always be 4a.

Yep.

Especially when it comes to participation numbers. There was that one year we played Mount Pleasant and I don't think they had 30 guys on the sideline.

Greenville is thinking a DFW district would me nice.

Nah. I'd STILL rather travel through I-30, I-20, and up and down 69 2 hours each way in my tiny stick-shift no-air-conditioning car to get demo'd every week than have to drive through the Metromess of Dallas and surrounding areas. I'm good here.

• Like 1

Its not any kind of obsession. I made a comment before the season, and the "big school" fans said I was an idiot. After 4 weeks I am just reminding posters than its very obvious that I was right in my statements. If you can see that its just denial. Marshall might blow the doors off of Carthage. I don't care. Based off how LE put up 800 yards on AHS, looks like they would beat the brakes off of Marshall. But that's comparing common opponents, so nothing but speculation. I just thought I would come back to this thread with facts since the 4a vs 5a games are done for the season.

You think because LE put 800 yards on Arkansas they beat the breaks off of us? We had nearly 600 on them too. And our final scores were nearly Identical. We took a knee inside the red zone. Could have been a 60 spot.

Not sure how that equates to LE stomping us. Using that logic we would have stomped Carthage last year since they beat you by double digits then we hung 70 on them. That's your logic.

I absolutely believe Carthage would consistently beat PT, MP, Jax, Greenville, Lindale.

I think they would occasionally win but usually struggle against Texas High, Marshall, Hallsville, Nac, WH, Corsicana

And yes, the Big Dogs as you say would be ugly. LP, Longview, JT.

You barely beat a Nac team that may not make the playoffs in their district. And lost to a Hallsville team that isn't a lock.... But got pummeled by Athens last week.

How's those facts?