If we discuss anything less than Longview being a 60 point favorite over everyone in the district we get razzed for not bowing down properly but if we realistically discuss our placement we get razzed for not thinking like a champion.

Now you know what it's like for John King being a head coach here ;)

Now you know what it's like for John King being a head coach here ;)

LISD doesn't have enough money for me to want that job. Even if I was qualified for it.

SLC, Trinity, Katy type expectations. But the formula has completely different ingredients. That's a tough pill to swallow.

My picks as of now. Marshall Thigh is toss up with slight lean to Thigh with homefield adv.

1. Loblos

2. Texas High/ Marshall

3. Marshall/ THigh

4. Hallsville

5. SS

6. Greenville

7. Mt. Pleasant

8. PT

Things may change after I get some scrimmage updates Friday. Marshall has looked good some days and blah on others. Wont know what to expect until we get Lee. The Oline will start 2 sophomores, so could be some early blunders.

I'll go with -

1) Longview

2) Texas High

3) Marshall

4) Hallsville

5) Greenville

6) Sulphur Springs

7) Mount Pleasant

8) Pine Tree

Don't remember what I posted in the other thread but so far that's what I'll go with. Think MP could upset SS. PT will struggle with everyone. Until Marshall beats TX High or Longview, I have a hard time putting them higher than 3rd.

as many people from marshall that get on here and talk about how much yall have improved yall have at least convinced me. and while i do believe yall will be better yall still have to come to grimm this yr, and i think thats the difference in t-high finishing 2nd and not marshall.

a tad bit of sodium chloride in this post lol Marshall should be a better team no question but I've seen nobody straight out call a win in Grimm albeit its totally possible

Ok I think yall have taken what I said the wrong way. There was no sarcasm in that post, i guess I should not have said anything about Marshall. Bottom line I think thigh and Marshall will be pretty even this yr but I'll take thigh because they play at home. No no one said Marshall was going to go into Grimm and win but that's where they're playing.

Ok I think yall have taken what I said the wrong way. There was no sarcasm in that post, i guess I should not have said anything about Marshall. Bottom line I think thigh and Marshall will be pretty even this yr but I'll take thigh because they play at home. No no one said Marshall was going to go into Grimm and win but that's where they're playing.

Marshall can win at Grimm. I still think Marshall will compete for the top spot. This is their best team in many seasons.

I'll go with -

1) Longview

2) Texas High

3) Marshall

4) Hallsville

5) Greenville

6) Sulphur Springs

7) Mount Pleasant

8) Pine Tree

Don't remember what I posted in the other thread but so far that's what I'll go with. Think MP could upset SS. PT will struggle with everyone. Until Marshall beats TX High or Longview, I have a hard time putting them higher than 3rd.

SS will not be that bad

SS will have a good dline and secondary. Offense is what usually makes them tick but think they ride the big time rb Hawkins and play solid D to stay in games this year. Dont see Greenville beating them just yet. Owens will have them playing smart football.

Marshall can win at Grimm. I still think Marshall will compete for the top spot. This is their best team in many seasons.

yep. Got Longview at home on homecoming and 88 89 90 trophy presentation and silver helmets! Damn it's gonna be rough on a Lobo!

yep. Got Longview at home on homecoming and 88 89 90 trophy presentation and silver helmets! Damn it's gonna be rough on a Lobo!

LMAO.

Sarcasm noted.

But we play Greenville for homecoming.

Longview game is the Pink Out for Moms and Breast Cancer Awareness.

And for the record.....he's not from Marshall.

ETSN has Marshall ranked #5 in East Texas

http://etsn.fm/etsn-fm-preseason-class-6a5a-poll-no-5-marshall-mavericks/

Looks like Lufkin got the #4

http://etsn.fm/etsn-fm-preseason-class-6a5a-poll-no-4-lufkin-panthers/

I'm guessing it will be Longview, Ennis, JT for the top 3.

I'm not sold on us being #5. I'd put Texas High in the #5 slot. Put us at 6. A little surprised to see WH above Texas High.

Kinda interesting to see the different takes on Nac from different camps. Nac is a tough read...... they lost a lot. BUT... is this a program on the upswing that can replace and not rebuild? Or do we see them become the Nac we all know? I can't answer that.

Then there is Hallsville.... the most bipolar program in 15-5A IMHO.

Hard for me to believe SS is going to fall off the map like some are predicting, but they lost more than just about everyone.... and they were ONE CALLED BACK TD by Marshall from being out of the playoffs and letting Hallsville slip in.

Shared parking directly in front of the stadium (front of MHS).

There is also parking behind the school and along most of Maverick Drive all the way up to the baseball and softball fields. Should be plenty.

The Mall is across the street (Pinecrest Drive).....but usually only Longview, Kilgore, and Hallsville need that much parking. I doubt that will be needed unless you think Greenville plans on brings 3-4K.

Happy travels!

I don't think I've ever parked anywhere other than the parking across the street for a Longview/Marshall game and I get there before the gates open usually.

Greenville should have a pretty easy time getting the parking right by the stadium though.

The way I see this thing Hallsville has the best schedule set up except for Marshall at Marshall, but we have won several games in a row from Marshall including in Marshall.

We play Texas High at home, which at least evens us up with them, and if the rest (not Longview) of the teams are as weak as projected I can see us at 2nd and then we play Longview here so that actually could be an upset. We have given Longview all they wanted the last two years. as far as Marshall winning at Grim, good luck cause you have to beat the bad calls.

We have had awful calls up there in every sport, so good luck Mavs. Not to leave Greenville out cause they could be a spoiler for us since we go there. When you play at this level you all know anything can happen on Friday Night. Good Luck to all from a transplanted L-K Fan with Hallsville Kids.

We have given Longview all they wanted the last two years.

We've only played three times and two of the times were 6 and 7 years ago.

Hallsville has performed well in Lobo Stadium but both were two score wins. But they were destroyed in Hallsville in our only meeting there.

Best of my memory we played in Longview last year and it was a close game to the end, better check that one LoboFan. These boys are gonna play hard till the end simple as that. They have a little taste now, just wait till they beat up on Longview. OMG Fire and Brimstome will rain down!!! It will be a good wake up call for y'all.