It's not HS football..... but it's a LOT of guys from East Texas.......

ETBU beat nationally ranked #8 Hardin Simmons today 27-21 to take sole possession of first place in the American Southwest Conference.

If they win next week they will clinch the automatic playoff berth into the NCAA Division 3 playoffs. A loss and they will have to wait and see if they get an at-large bid.

East Texas Players on the Tiger roster include:

Dylan Bowman (Gilmer)- Safety

Josh Warbington (Hallsville)- QB

Matthew Bailey (Colmesniel)- QB

Ryan Travis (Jacksonville)- kicker

Mitchell Perry (Brownsboro) LB

Tristian Moore (Brownsboro) LB

Kiounos Williams (Center) LB

Garrett Gibson (Union Grove) LB

Caleb Taylor (Alba) LB

Torrence Leonard (Lufkin) OL

Bobby Wells (Quitman) OL

Devin Pinkerton (Tyler Lee) OL

Christian Jimenez (Carthage) OL

Dionte Johnson (Hallsville) WR

Issac Avery (White Oak) OL

Bryce Hale (Quinilan) DL

Branson LaRue (Lufkin) OL

Chris Lenior (Lufkin) OL

Ivan Monzon (Marshall) OL

Tyler Hodges (Marshall) OL

Jacob Earle (Harleton) OL

Bryston Parker (Tyler Lee) OL

Joseph Earle (Harleton) WR

Garrett Hood (Sulphur Springs) DL

Kolten Casey (Tyler Lee) DL

Zach Allen (Henderson) LB

Kyndall Johnson (Henderson) CB

Tony Johnson (John Tyler) LB

Austin O'Dell (Harleton) RB

Wyatt Wolverton (Hallsville) QB

Pretty good representation from East Texas 5A and 6A between Tyler Lee, Lufkin, Hallsville, and Marshall.

Congrats to the Tigers!

Thank you sir. I appreciate it.

East Texas Volleyball had rough going in the 2nd round.

Hallsville fell to Waxahachie 3-0

Longview lost to Mansfield Summitt 3-0

SS lost to Mansfield Legacy 3-1

Lindale fell to Mansfield Lake Ridge 3-1

That Mansfield district has dominated East Texas over the years in sports.

Congrats to the Ladycats, Lady Lobos, Ladycats #2, and Lady Eagles on great seasons!

The vastly superior 16-5A went a total of (1-3) Vs. the inferior 15-5A this weekend. (3-5) the last 2 seasons. It was a fluke last season IIRC.

I mean.... we padded our records and stats with weak schedules and such. The bottom of our district didn't toughen us up enough to compete with the battle tested squads of 16-5A.

Congrats to my Mavs, the Lobos, and the Bobcats to moving on! Tough games next week for all three of us!

BOOM!

3-1!!!!

• Like 1

Way to represent 15-5A! Proud of my Lobos! Proud of the Mavericks & Bobcats for bringing the win AND the Tigers for giving it all they had against the "classier" than ever Lions. SMH!Looking forward to next week! Win or lose, always proud of where I am from!

Go Lobos!

Go 15-5A!

The vastly superior 16-5A went a total of (1-3) Vs. the inferior 15-5A this weekend. (3-5) the last 2 seasons. It was a fluke last season IIRC.

I mean.... we padded our records and stats with weak schedules and such. The bottom of our district didn't toughen us up enough to compete with the battle tested squads of 16-5A.

Congrats to my Mavs, the Lobos, and the Bobcats to moving on! Tough games next week for all three of us!

BOOM!

3-1!!!!

Glad we could help. :)

5A DIV I REG II

Frisco Wakeland (8-3) 21 vs. Wylie (7-4) 31

Carrollton Creekview (8-3) 7 vs. Rockwall-Heath (8-3) 27

Dallas Kimball (6-5) 7 vs. Mansfield Summit (10-1) 35

Longview (9-2) 31 vs. Lufkin (8-3) 10

Wylie East (10-1) 71 vs. The Colony (5-6) 48

Mesquite Poteet (8-3) 40 vs. Carrollton Smith (4-7) 0

Mansfield Lake Ridge (11-0) 63 vs. Dallas Samuell (4-7) 12

John Tyler (8-3) 48 vs. Texarkana Texas (8-3) 21

5A Div II REG II

Frisco Lone Star (10-1) 24 vs. Prosper (7-4) 10

Dallas Adams (7-4) 44 vs. Forney (8-3) 77

South Oak Cliff (8-3) 17 vs. Mansfield Timberview (5-6) 14

Marshall (10-1) 21 vs. Lindale (5-6) 17

Lucas Lovejoy (8-3) 34 vs. Frisco (8-3) 10

Terrell (10-1) 49 vs. Dallas Wilson (7-4) 13

Lancaster (8-3) 50 vs. Seagoville (7-4) 3

Ennis (6-5) 23 vs. Hallsville (7-4) 24

Glad we could help. :)

LOL

I have nothing but respect for Greenville, Pine Tree, MP..... and anyone in 15-5A. 16-5A folks have harped for 2 years about how much better they are than this district, but the proof in the pudding says otherwise.

No matter what the score says.... there are no "easy wins" IMHO.

But respecting your opponent isn't something today's players and fans seem to do much anymore.

• Like 1

No denying that 15-5A was the stronger district this year. I had a feeling 16 5A would struggle in the playoffs this year. Outside of JT (and they had some closer games than they should have) there wasn't a dominant team in the district like last year with the "big 3". There was a huge difference watching Lufkin and Ennis this year (and JT too) compared to last year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So..... I did some research....

The team that knocked Marshall out will be playing in Houston next week for a title.

The team that knocked Longview out will be playing in Houston next week for a title.

Lobofan07 would have to do his own magic for Longview.......

But.......

If Frisco Lone Star wins it all..... it will mark the 7th time Marshall lost to a team in the playoffs that went on to win a state title. It's the tenth time a team that beat Marshall in the playoffs has advanced to the state championship game.

1926- Mavs lost to Waco 9-0 in the semifinals. Waco won the state title 20-7 over Dallas Oak Cliff

1945- Mavs lost to Waco 13-0 in the quarterfinals. Waco went on to tie Highland Park in the title game 7-7 to be co-champs

1988- Mavs lost to Dallas Carter in the quarterfinals 22-18. Carter went on the win the title over Converse Judson 31-14

1989- Mavs lost to Odessa Permian in the semifinals 31-14. Permian went on the win the title 28-14 over Aldine

2004- Mavs lost to Ennis in the state championship game 23-21

2005- Mavs lost to Highland Park in the state championship game 59-0

2015- Mavs lost to Frisco Lone Star..... Rangers have advanced to title game..... ????

1925- Mavs lost to Dallas Forrest 7-0 in the quarterfinals. Forrest lost in the title game 20-7 to Waco

1928- Mavs lost to Port Arthur 0-0 (penetrations 3-2) in the Semifinals. PA lost in the title game 38-0 to Abilene

1943- Mavs lost to Lufkin 32-6 in Bi-district. Lufkin went on to lose the title game to San Angelo 26-13

Interesting stuff.

This is what you do when you are having withdrawals.

I can only think of one off the top of my head for Greenville.

1998, we lost to Grapevine, 34-31, in triple overtime in the Regional Finals/state quarterfinals. Grapevine went on to defeat Bay City in the state finals, 22-0.

That was the year we knocked off both Ennis and Mesquite Poteet to get to the quarters.

So..... I did some research....

The team that knocked Marshall out will be playing in Houston next week for a title.

The team that knocked Longview out will be playing in Houston next week for a title.

Lobofan07 would have to do his own magic for Longview.......

But.......

If Frisco Lone Star wins it all..... it will mark the 7th time Marshall lost to a team in the playoffs that went on to win a state title. It's the tenth time a team that beat Marshall in the playoffs has advanced to the state championship game.

1926- Mavs lost to Waco 9-0 in the semifinals. Waco won the state title 20-7 over Dallas Oak Cliff

1945- Mavs lost to Waco 13-0 in the quarterfinals. Waco went on to tie Highland Park in the title game 7-7 to be co-champs

1988- Mavs lost to Dallas Carter in the quarterfinals 22-18. Carter went on the win the title over Converse Judson 31-14

1989- Mavs lost to Odessa Permian in the semifinals 31-14. Permian went on the win the title 28-14 over Aldine

2004- Mavs lost to Ennis in the state championship game 23-21

2005- Mavs lost to Highland Park in the state championship game 59-0

2015- Mavs lost to Frisco Lone Star..... Rangers have advanced to title game..... ????

1925- Mavs lost to Dallas Forrest 7-0 in the quarterfinals. Forrest lost in the title game 20-7 to Waco

1928- Mavs lost to Port Arthur 0-0 (penetrations 3-2) in the Semifinals. PA lost in the title game 38-0 to Abilene

1943- Mavs lost to Lufkin 32-6 in Bi-district. Lufkin went on to lose the title game to San Angelo 26-13

Interesting stuff.

This is what you do when you are having withdrawals.

Well just under King alone...

2007 - loss to Pflugerville (state finalist)

2008 - loss to Lake Travis (state champ)

2009 - loss to Lake Travis (state champ)

2010 - loss to Denton Guyer (state finalist)

2011 - loss to Dekaney (state champ)

2015 - loss to Lake Ridge (state championship game this weekend)

6 times we've lost to at least a state finalist team since 2004. 3...soon to be 4 of those teams won it all. Dig deeper into Lobo history and no telling how much that number rises...including the '97 state final we loss to Katy.