I love how everyone hates Whitehouse lol

Those people....I haven't seen anything like them. Yall can say we're bad on that visitor side. Just sit on the same side with WH fans, it doesn't even have to be for a quarter. I'm not even sure why I'm pulling for them in non-district. Everyone knows that I can't stand the mess that is Nacoroaches and I'm definitely not pulling for them this week..

Why the surprise? Granted Carthage is traditionally strong but Hallsville did beat them last year.

Hallsville will beat em.

And perfect example of why small school fans have no business saying that they would accomplish 'this and that' in upper classes.

Hallsville will beat em.

And perfect example of why small school fans have no business saying that they would accomplish 'this and that' in upper classes.

You don't know who will beat who. You prolly don't have any idea who plays for either team. Your blindly saying something you don't know anything about. Later in the season (district play) Carthage and a lot of other "small" schools in East Texas would run through the bigger districts in East Texas 5a with the exception of Longview, Lufkin, and JT.

You Longview guys are so butt hurt that the "small" schools in East Texas have a ton of success in their classification, and yall can't get over the hump even when yall are the big boys on the block.

Hallsville's in our district. I'm gonna guess he has a good idea who's on their team.

I'm pretty sure he saw an opportunity to take a shoot at a successful small school and took it. Carthage would blow the doors off Hallsville late in the season. Will they win first game of the season? Idk. But that guy ain't got a clue about Carthage Football.

You don't know who will beat who. You prolly don't have any idea who plays for either team. Your blindly saying something you don't know anything about. Later in the season (district play) Carthage and a lot of other "small" schools in East Texas would run through the bigger districts in East Texas 5a with the exception of Longview, Lufkin, and JT.

You Longview guys are so butt hurt that the "small" schools in East Texas have a ton of success in their classification, and yall can't get over the hump even when yall are the big boys on the block.

How much success did Carthage have before dropping down to the new 4A(3A)?

How much success did Carthage have before dropping down to the new 4A(3A)?

Quite a bit. Always competed in our district. Obviously we weren't winning state titles every year, but werent a doormat. You better check the facts before you start running your mouth about what we did in old 4a.

Quite a bit. Always competed in our district. Obviously we weren't winning state titles every year, but werent a doormat. You better check the facts before you start running your mouth about what we did in old 4a.

I'm not running my mouth about anything. I know about Carthage, but y'all never won any titles in the old 4A. Longview has accomplished more than y'all in the old 4A and new 5A. You're the one that's taking shots at them, but your school couldn't win until the bulldogs became a 3A school. I'm just saying

but no titles right?

No titles. 1 championship game appearance. There is absolutely no shame in how we competed year in and year out in old 4a for a town out size. Carthage prolly wouldn't have any titles in 3a now if it wasn't for Surratt. Just like most schools in East Texas, the athletes are there just need a program built up and a good coach.

I'm not getting into the same argument we do every season. I'm very comfortable with Carthage current and past football history. We are a premier program in the state no matter what posters on smoky.com think.

I'm not running my mouth about anything. I know about Carthage, but y'all never won any titles in the old 4A. Longview has accomplished more than y'all in the old 4A and new 5A. You're the one that's taking shots at them, but your school couldn't win until the bulldogs became a 3A school. I'm just saying

I would hope a school with 2000 kids compared to one with 700 would have more success. Not taking anything away from Longview. I hope they win state every year. Just not going to listen to this "small" schools couldn't compete. Couldnt compete with who? Lindale, Hallsville, Jacksonville, WH, Nac, SS, THS, Marshall? Come on...I can name 5 or 6 schools that would dominate a district made up of those teams. Would Gilmer, Carthage, Kilgore, CH beat JT, LV, and LP? Prolly not, but I'm not going to listen to we couldn't compete in the higher class in ETX.

So carthage would get better late in the season and hallsville would still play like it's the 1st game of the season...Hmmm

You must not know anything about Carthage football. I rest my case. If anybody believes at the end of every season besides last year in the Surratt era that Carthage wouldn't dominate all but 5 or 6 schools in all of ETX, then we have nothing more to talk about.

I'm pretty sure he saw an opportunity to take a shoot at a successful small school and took it. Carthage would blow the doors off Hallsville late in the season. Will they win first game of the season? Idk. But that guy ain't got a clue about Carthage Football.

BDB,

I asked Mavchamp why he was surprised that people were picking Hallsville to beat Carthage. Carthage did end up having a nice season last year after Hallsville beat them badly the first game.

You come back with nonsense about picking on a smaller school followed up on how if this were a late season game it would not even be a contest for Carthage. Well, it is the first game if the season so who knows who will win now or even if the game were played late in the season when both teams have the opportunity to improve.

So, just for the benefit of picking on little ole Carthage I am picking Hallsville to win.

You win a title in east Texas and suddenly Daingerfield, Carthage, and even Henderson for a year would kill Aledo, SLC, and anyone else who stands in their way. SMH. So much foolishness on the HS forums :D

Not even close to what I said...way far off. Heck didn't even go as far as to say any of those teams could come close to beating LV, JT or LP. Good try though. If it's such foolishness on HS forum, and you are above it, then why be associated with it?

BDB,

I asked Mavchamp why he was surprised that people were picking Hallsville to beat Carthage. Carthage did end up having a nice season last year after Hallsville beat them badly the first game.

You come back with nonsense about picking on a smaller school followed up on how if this were a late season game it would not even be a contest for Carthage. Well, it is the first game if the season so who knows who will win now or even if the game were played late in the season when both teams have the opportunity to improve.

So, just for the benefit of picking on little ole Carthage I am picking Hallsville to win.

It's got nothing to do with picking Hallsville over Carthage. Hallsville has a very good chance at beating Carthage, especially early in the season. This is all about the comment the OP made after he said Hallsville will win. I have no problem picking Hallsville to win, it's the dig that followed I responded too. Nothing non-sense about it.

You must not know anything about Carthage football. I rest my case. If anybody believes at the end of every season besides last year in the Surratt era that Carthage wouldn't dominate all but 5 or 6 schools in all of ETX, then we have nothing more to talk about.

what is it to know?? You said Carthage gets better during the season...that's G-R-E-A-T. And everybody else stays pat??? C'mon man! Hell I believe Carthage will beat Hallsville but what you're implying is laughable.

what is it to know?? You said Carthage gets better during the season...that's G-R-E-A-T. And everybody else stays pat??? C'mon man! Hell I believe Carthage will beat Hallsville but what you're implying is laughable.

Why are you putting words in my mouth? I never said everybody else stays pat. But for you to even insinuate that Hallsville or any other team of that caliber improves even close to the amount that Carthage does from the start to the end of the season is the only thing laughable. Ask anybody that has a clue about HS football. Numerous very experienced HS refs tell me they never seen nothing like it. Coaches come over from other places and say they have never seen anything like it. Unless you follow it, and see it first hand you can't understand.

Not even close to what I said...way far off. Heck didn't even go as far as to say any of those teams could come close to beating LV, JT or LP. Good try though. If it's such foolishness on HS forum, and you are above it, then why be associated with it?

Basically answered with everything I was going to say.

Ohh and for the record I'm not even saying Hallsville won't beat Carthage. This turned into that, but that wasn't my intial intent. The only reason I even responded is cause some guy needed to use Carthage to take a shoot at the other small schools by saying "that's why smaller schools shouldn't talk about what they could do in bigger classifications".